VMCVM c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The support is real! I was trying to keep my cool on this, but I have officially joined the "Refreshing-every-2-minutes" Club
Welcome to the dark side! We have cookies

**still compulsively refreshing my email**

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone on the APVMA Facebook page called admissions and they told her “some time in the next 24 hours.”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really glad today is my day off from work so I have nothing better to do than stare at my computer and phone waiting...

I feel like saying 24 hrs means it won’t be until tomorrow :/

It gives them a bit of wiggle room, I guess, in case they don’t get the emails out today.

If anybody wants a holiday-themed distraction, may I offer a shameless plug of my last album?
I can't post links yet but if you go to Youtube you can search:
a boston pops christmas - live from symphony hall

Someone else on the APVMA page called and said admissions told her info will come out today. Hopefully!

Reactions: 2 users
I hope so !! Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted as well

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted, that's a lot of applications!

Wait listed!!!

Waitlisted for an interview~

Does anyone know how long interview waitlists typically are?

Interview Waitlist! I'll take that over an outright rejection lol

i havent heard anything i feel like im going to get flat rejected :/

Also waitlisted. Anyone know the odds of getting an interview if you’re on the waitlist? Or how long it is?

Just got an email-- interview waitlist! Better than nothing!

edit: I am OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I was Interview waitlisted last year and did not get an interview. I ended up doing a file review and was told normally 20 people decline interviews, but last year only like 5 people declined and I was in the top 10 :/

OOS interview waitlisted. Received email at exactly 1:00 pm.

I was Interview waitlisted last year and did not get an interview. I ended up doing a file review and was told normally 20 people decline interviews, but last year only like 5 people declined and I was in the top 10 :/
And I was just waitlisted again.

I was waitlisted as well. Guess it feels a little better than a rejection honestly

Also waitlisted. Anyone know the odds of getting an interview if you’re on the waitlist? Or how long it is?
I interviewed at Virginia Maryland last year and I'm pretty sure that everyone who meets the requirements for the program that does not get offered an interview, is waitlisted for an interview. So the list is very long. Someone correct me if I am wrong?

Last year they would not tell you your place on the waitlist, so I would guess that’s the same for this year
Well this felt like news but in that case, just says whether you meet the requirements, not put you anywhere near knowing if you're close...

OOS waitlisted as well. 1900 applications!!! Congrats to everyone who got an interview!

Interview waitlisted! Does anyone know around how many get waitlisted? Seems like a large amount! This is my second time applying to vet school, first time applying to VMCVM.

Did you have other schools you applied to?

Yes I do! Luckily in between my first time applying and being interviewed and now I’ve gotten a good job as a secondary teacher that pays well- many perks to being a teacher.

So at least I know if every school falls through (I hope not), I have a pretty secure job still.

OOS interview invite!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just found this residency thing, "50 positions are reserved for Virginia residents, and 30 positions for Maryland residents. Up to 40 additional positions may be filled by nonresidents, 6 of those reserved for WV residents."

Congrats!!! I’m interested in your stats just to have an idea of what type of applicant got an offer.

Would you mind sharing?

3.66 - 3.70 GPA depending upon how it’s calculated/what classes they include (post-Bacc etc)

3.90 last 45 GPA

3.73 (I think) science GPA.

~600 hours paid vet experience
~300 unpaid companion shadowing
~150 unpaid large animal shadowing

Assorted extracurriculars, but not many. No research.

2 letters of Rec from vets, 1 from an employer at a physical therapy clinic.

In my basic VMCAS essays I talked about how I always wanted to be a vet, and then my last year of college I got freaked out, didn’t apply to vet school, and pursued PA school. A year and 1000 hours of human patient care later, it just dawned on me how big of a mistake I was making and I got back on track.

Talked about my personal virtues and qualities I feel that make a good person, much less a good vet.

The funniest thing was my VM specific essay on resiliency—I don’t know what came over me, but my first paragraph was about the Napoli Rock Climbing Goby and how it embodied resiliency to me. Bear in mind, I have not researched or even seen this fish in person, I just thought they were cool and I felt like they were resilient fish haha. It goes to show that you can be interesting on essays I suppose!

MD resident interview invite!! Congrats to everyone who got interviews!

Reactions: 5 users