You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMRCVM c/o 2019 applicants
Started by SummerTheLynx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you book at?@JPML where are you looking to stay at?? I had to get one near the airport, it was wayyyy cheaper =_=
@JPML where are you looking to stay at?? I had to get one near the airport, it was wayyyy cheaper =_=[/QUOTE
I booked at days Inn in blacksburg.... $74 per night.
Hi!
I also have an interview, but I'm so confused about the travel arrangements. I know there is 2 airports near by, but the ROE (Roanoke) is really expensive (600.00 flights). Does anyone know if there is transportation from the Richmond airport to the Campus or at least near by?
Also are there any hotels in campus?
I also have an interview, but I'm so confused about the travel arrangements. I know there is 2 airports near by, but the ROE (Roanoke) is really expensive (600.00 flights). Does anyone know if there is transportation from the Richmond airport to the Campus or at least near by?
Also are there any hotels in campus?
Hi!
I also have an interview, but I'm so confused about the travel arrangements. I know there is 2 airports near by, but the ROE (Roanoke) is really expensive (600.00 flights). Does anyone know if there is transportation from the Richmond airport to the Campus or at least near by?
Also are there any hotels in campus?
Idk about the airport but I did see about 2 hotels that are inside the campus, but they were fairly pricey.
http://www.innatvirginiatech.com
Hi!
I also have an interview, but I'm so confused about the travel arrangements. I know there is 2 airports near by, but the ROE (Roanoke) is really expensive (600.00 flights). Does anyone know if there is transportation from the Richmond airport to the Campus or at least near by?
Also are there any hotels in campus?
Richmond is about 4 hours away from Blacksburg. I don't know about a shuttle from there, but I'd say most likely not. You might want to check out Charlottesville airport as well (CHO) - it may be cheaper than Roanoke.
Piedmont Triad International Aiport is about 2-2.5 hrs away from Bburg in Greensboro NC. CHO is similar in terms of distance.
There is also the Homeride bus shuttle for various places to and from VT, Charlottesville, and NoVA.
http://www.homeride.com/schedule-vt.html
There is also the Homeride bus shuttle for various places to and from VT, Charlottesville, and NoVA.
http://www.homeride.com/schedule-vt.html
Going along this, I will warn u in advance that the Charlottesville flights are usually fairly expensive unfortunately :/Piedmont Triad International Aiport is about 2-2.5 hrs away from Bburg in Greensboro NC. CHO is similar in terms of distance.
There is also the Homeride bus shuttle for various places to and from VT, Charlottesville, and NoVA.
http://www.homeride.com/schedule-vt.html
Thank you all for the reply. I have a friend that will take me from Richmond to Blacksburg. So only the Hotel is the only thing I'm going to look. Its hard for the flights, because all the airports in my area are expensive (Newark, La Guardia & JFK)

See you all soon

See you all soon
Group 6, 8 amWhat group are you guys in? (January 18th interview)
Hello fellow VMRCVM hopefuls! I am new to SDN and wanted to join the thread. I will be interviewing as an OOS at VMRCVM on Jan. 17th in group 5 with a 3pm check-in. I am interested in the public/corporate tracking and wildlife/exotic/zoo medicine.
I will be driving up from Florida and was wondering if any IS/locals could enlighten me on the driving conditions there this time of year?
Also, I will be attending the dinner on Friday night. I am so nervous about the MMI's! This is my second time applying, but this will be my first interview.
I will be driving up from Florida and was wondering if any IS/locals could enlighten me on the driving conditions there this time of year?
Also, I will be attending the dinner on Friday night. I am so nervous about the MMI's! This is my second time applying, but this will be my first interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I am a current first year and student ambassador, and will be attending the dinners in Friday and Saturday, as well as helping out with interviews. Happy to answer any questions or get to know some of you prior to the weekend! Feel free to PM me so it sends me a notification 😛
Hello fellow VMRCVM hopefuls! I am new to SDN and wanted to join the thread. I will be interviewing as an OOS at VMRCVM on Jan. 17th in group 5 with a 3pm check-in. I am interested in the public/corporate tracking and wildlife/exotic/zoo medicine.
I will be driving up from Florida and was wondering if any IS/locals could enlighten me on the driving conditions there this time of year?
Also, I will be attending the dinner on Friday night. I am so nervous about the MMI's! This is my second time applying, but this will be my first interview.
Townie here. Usually it's not too bad, just cold and windy. We occasionally get large dumps of snow or ice, enough to affect driving, but it is relatively infrequent. Last winter was hellacious (17 inches over a couple days in our neck of the woods, oof) so maybe you'll get off easy this year 😉
1 week!! Ahhhh!!
Hey guys! I arrive Thursday night and will be hanging around Blacksburg on Friday to try and get to know the city! Anyone who will be at Blacksburg Friday during the day and wants to hang out and explore together pm me 🙂 I'll give my number so we can talk better! My name is Oriana and I'm from Florida (undergrad at UF) btw!
I guess this means all of us wait listers are officially SOL. Good luck to everyone interviewing!
I just called Joyce and she told me that absolutely no one has declined/withdrawn their interview for them to take anyone off the waitlist.
ah dang, thanks for the update @torisunshine8 !!! I will be unwatching this thread now lol
I just got a call from Joyce this morning that I got an interview! I had been on the waitlist. So excited and nervous!
Congrats! Are you IS or OOS (if you don't mind me asking)?
Thanks! I'm OOSCongrats! Are you IS or OOS (if you don't mind me asking)?
Haha, thanks for the info! I'm one of those weird people who have yet to see snow so I will be pitifully hoping for some on my drive up 🙄 .Townie here. Usually it's not too bad, just cold and windy. We occasionally get large dumps of snow or ice, enough to affect driving, but it is relatively infrequent. Last winter was hellacious (17 inches over a couple days in our neck of the woods, oof) so maybe you'll get off easy this year 😉
That's awesome! Did she say anything about how many were on the waitlist?I just got a call from Joyce this morning that I got an interview! I had been on the waitlist. So excited and nervous!
No she didn't :/ hopefully some more of you get off in the next couple days though! Don't give up hope quite yetThat's awesome! Did she say anything about how many were on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend got pulled off the waitlist about 4 days ago. He kept calling and asking his status. I honestly think that helped.
I have heard rumors of this being the case in the past. Not sure how true it is, but it's not too out there of a concept.My friend got pulled off the waitlist about 4 days ago. He kept calling and asking his status. I honestly think that helped.
Well I think it helped because my friend applied to 8 schools and only received an interview from LMU. He really wanted to go to VMRCVM so he called at least 3 times to check on his status. One day after his last call, they called him with an offer. Not to be rude to him or anything but I'm not sure he got pulled off the waitlist because of his gpa,experience,etc but bc of his persistence.
Well to be fair, there is value in showing commitment to the school. I don't know your friends situation, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that, people that get interviews earn them, and just bc you maybe are not seeing what the admissions team may have seen doesn't mean that he was undeserving of the interview and circumventing the process simply by being persistent...Well I think it helped because my friend applied to 8 schools and only received an interview from LMU. He really wanted to go to VMRCVM so he called at least 3 times to check on his status. One day after his last call, they called him with an offer. Not to be rude to him or anything but I'm not sure he got pulled off the waitlist because of his gpa,experience,etc but bc of his persistence.
Please, please do not obsessively call. It's unprofessional. The committee will hear your name for all the wrong reasons. Trust me, it will get out there and circle back.
Haha, thanks for the info! I'm one of those weird people who have yet to see snow so I will be pitifully hoping for some on my drive up 🙄 .
My fiance is a born and bred Texan. He had never seen more than a dusting of snow in all his 30 years on earth. First winter we came back to Bburg we got those 17 inches
I was all excited and he was like WHERE THE HELL DID WE MOVE? WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT?!Well to be fair, there is value in showing commitment to the school. I don't know your friends situation, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that, people that get interviews earn them, and just bc you maybe are not seeing what the admissions team may have seen doesn't mean that he was undeserving of the interview and circumventing the process simply by being persistent...
Oh no I'm not saying he was undeserving at all. He is working on his masters, has a ton of experience, and definitely earned it. All I'm saying is that showing persistence and how much he wanted to attend the school I think helped. I'm not saying he (or anyone else who gets an interview) didn't earn it! I definitely know how hard he has worked and everyone who gets an interview. 🙂 just trying to offer a helpful suggestion. Don't want to offend anyone lol. And I agree, I wouldn't call obsessively!
I really cannot believe that calling persistently gets you off the waitlist. I called and introduced myself and asked if she could tell me any information, and honestly, she sounded very annoyed by my asking. And it's not like she made any note of my name. I really doubt calling again is going to do anything.
Officially rejected, good luck to the rest of you!
haha same here...good luck everyone!
Rejected.
Good luck to everyone interviewing!
Good luck to everyone interviewing!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've been cool and collected since I got my invite but now that the day is nearer and nearer I'm starting to stress :/ between traveling to interviews and still having school work it's getting a little hectic and it's only January. Anyone else feeling this way as well?
My advice is to completely forget about schoolwork for Friday and Saturday (I am guessing you have a Saturday interview as OOS, but I may be wrong). Your mind should be in that room with the interviewers working through your scenario, not thinking about any school work. I promise that the two days you spend focusing on your interview will not be the make or break for your grades this semester. Also, if possible, just get in as early as possible on Friday this way you aren't thinking about/stressing about traveling arrangements. Heck, in my ideal world, I even went in a day early into my k-state interview just so I could be totally stress free (but that's more due to some neurotic superstitions me and my sister have about traveling to Kansas after doing that for 4 years). Just do what is best for you so you walk into those rooms on interview day completely in the zone and ready to go 🙂.So I've been cool and collected since I got my invite but now that the day is nearer and nearer I'm starting to stress :/ between traveling to interviews and still having school work it's getting a little hectic and it's only January. Anyone else feeling this way as well?
Last edited:
Flying in today 🙂 I'm so happy!
Good Luck everyone on the interviews!
Good Luck everyone on the interviews!
Thank you so much for your advice! I'm much calmer now that I've gotten to Blacksburg 🙂 this place is sooo cute and cozy hahah can't wait to explore around tomorrow !!My advice is to completely forget about schoolwork for Friday and Saturday (I am guessing you have a Saturday interview as OOS, but I may be wrong). Your mind should be in that room with the interviewers working through your scenario, not thinking about any school work. I promise that the two days you spend focusing on your interview will not be the make or break for your grades this semester. Also, if possible, just get in as early as possible on Friday this way you aren't thinking about/stressing about traveling arrangements. Heck, in my ideal world, I even went in a day early into my k-state interview just so I could be totally stress free (but that's more due to some neurotic superstitions me and my sister have about traveling to Kansas after doing that for 4 years). Just do what is best for you so you walk into those rooms on interview day completely in the zone and ready to go 🙂.