-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VMRCVM c/o 2019 applicants
Started by SummerTheLynx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted IS!!
For those of you who are IS alternates- the student ambassador at my table during the pre-interview dinner was an IS alternate and got in! Hopefully that's some encouragement; don't give up hope!
Do you know if he was VA or Maryland? Iirc Jacque said that the MD list moves a tiny bit more than the VA one so I'm curious...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted as at-large OOS!
GASP! Accepted OOS!! Cheers to everyone who's been accepted thus far! GO HOKIES!






Accepted !!!!!! OOS
People OOS keep your faith, according to a CVM Student 18, the list moves quite accordingly.
People OOS keep your faith, according to a CVM Student 18, the list moves quite accordingly.
Shameless plug here:
I am a current first year and am looking for a roommate for next year! Message me if you are interested!
Congrats to everyone accepted!
I am a current first year and am looking for a roommate for next year! Message me if you are interested!
Congrats to everyone accepted!
Do you know if he was VA or Maryland? Iirc Jacque said that the MD list moves a tiny bit more than the VA one so I'm curious...
Unfortunately I don't know. Sorry!
Until Apriljust out of curiosity, the email said that alternates have 2 business days to make a decision. what about the people who has direct offer, do they have 2 business days to decide too or until april?
Yes - I followed the instructions sent out in the second email, but I don't have the application ID number that they are requesting. I will contact the office.Has anyone been able to or tried to pay their deposit. I'm having problems setting up the account. Has anyone else??
just out of curiosity, the email said that alternates have 2 business days to make a decision. what about the people who has direct offer, do they have 2 business days to decide too or until april?
Every vet school has the April 15 deadline. Unless students decline their seats before the deadline, anyone on the wait list probably won't be hearing until then. That's when alternates have 2 days to respond. And I don't think you need to confirm being an alternate since everyone's automatically on it.
Yes - I followed the instructions sent out in the second email, but I don't have the application ID number that they are requesting. I will contact the office.
Yeah that's my problem too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to disagree with that. Virginia waitlist moved by at least 7 or 8 spots last year (my friend was on the waitlist last year). And based off of talking with my friends who were accepted, expect it to move at least 3 from my n=3 sample size alone.I was alternate last year. If you're in-state, you're pretty much rejected. The wait list either does not move or moves by 1. OOS moves a bit more. People are ranked on their wait lists, but you can't find out your ranking until April 15, so if you have admission offers from other schools I would take them.
Edit: forgot to mention that everyone gets put on their respective alternate list.
I am going to disagree with that. Virginia waitlist moved by at least 7 or 8 spots last year (my friend was on the waitlist last year). And based off of talking with my friends who were accepted, expect it to move at least 3 from my n=3 sample size alone.
similarly i know of at least two people who were on the MD waitlist last year who got in so that waitlist moves some as well
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the OOS list can move 80-90 spots if it's similar to last year.
I am going to disagree with that. Virginia waitlist moved by at least 7 or 8 spots last year (my friend was on the waitlist last year). And based off of talking with my friends who were accepted, expect it to move at least 3 from my n=3 sample size alone.
That would be awesome. I was quite discouraged when at the dinner Jacque said that the VA list barely moves. But I have offers from other schools so I wish I could find out my position earlier. Last year I was like #20.
I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the OOS list can move 80-90 spots if it's similar to last year.
There is still hope!!!! :') but I guess the offers for alternatives wont be until April ?
Wow, its hard to believe the OOS list moves that much if there are only 36 spots for OOS. Or am i getting confused here?I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the OOS list can move 80-90 spots if it's similar to last year.
I believe the offers for alternates can come anytime, i think the deadline for april is to know where you stand in the listThere is still hope!!!! :') but I guess the offers for alternatives wont be until April ?
Wow, its hard to believe the OOS list moves that much if there are only 36 spots for OOS. Or am i getting confused here?
They mentioned this at the Friday night dinner, just before the interview. There is a lot of movement on the OOS list. Stay hopeful!
They mentioned this at the Friday night dinner, just before the interview. There is a lot of movement on the OOS list. Stay hopeful!
Im trying real hard to stay hopeful but ive been heartbroken and upset...
I was alternate last year too, and alternate again this year 🙁 not really sure where to go from here. Did you apply to other schools?I was alternate last year. If you're in-state, you're pretty much rejected. The wait list either does not move or moves by 1. OOS moves a bit more. People are ranked on their wait lists, but you can't find out your ranking until April 15, so if you have admission offers from other schools I would take them.
Edit: forgot to mention that everyone gets put on their respective alternate list.
Pretty much. It would be nice to know whether to stay hopeful or move on!
Has anyone figured out how to log in and pay the deposit?
No! I have been trying all weekend to get it figured out!
Have you guys paid tribute to the vet med Gods? That's probably your problem....Has anyone figured out how to log in and pay the deposit?
But in all seriousness, they know it's a problem and they are trying to get it fixed ASAP according to Ms. Massey (sp?)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS waitlists definitely have hope! My best friend/fellow first year here was IS (VA) waitlist two years, and got off of it the second time. Quite a few students with that story.
I was alternate last year too, and alternate again this year 🙁 not really sure where to go from here. Did you apply to other schools?
Sent you a message 🙂
I know someone who was on the OOS waitlist and she said that they told her today that they're no longer taking OOS wait listers. Can anyone clarify? I am 99.9% sure that not all of the spots are filled for OOS. Maybe she was confused....
Omg, already? Let it be wrong, please, please....Sent you a message 🙂
I know someone who was on the OOS waitlist and she said that they told her today that they're no longer taking OOS wait listers. Can anyone clarify? I am 99.9% sure that not all of the spots are filled for OOS. Maybe she was confused....
I wouldn't worry, I'm pretty sure she was severely confused. Especially since people can't seem to be able to pay their deposits so they wouldn't know if the class was full or not.Omg, already? Let it be wrong, please, please....
Plus I think you would have been told as well if it were the case. I was just curious if anyone knew what she was saying.
Does this wait get any easier? Feels like its been a month of waiting instead of 1. Do you know how many spots the OOS list moves about every year? I believe is around 20?I wouldn't worry, I'm pretty sure she was severely confused. Especially since people can't seem to be able to pay their deposits so they wouldn't know if the class was full or not.
Plus I think you would have been told as well if it were the case. I was just curious if anyone knew what she was saying.
Someone earlier in the thread said around 60 or something. (Edit: 80-90 last year) You have to remember that most kids would pick their in-state if they got in just for tuition purposes (unless it's somewhere like Penn whose in-state is expensive), so the OOS list for most schools moves quite a bit. I went to one school where they offered 80 spots and only 12 accepted and they went down into the 100s on the waitlist. Virginia probably won't be as many since it's OOS tuition is on the cheaper side. I'd expect at least 30, probably more.
Last year, I was wait listed at VMRCVM and accepted nowhere else. In terms of if it gets easier... I was super bummed the first week but then latched onto the idea that maybe I was #1 on the waitlist. You think about it less and less until April comes around. When I asked, I realized that there was no way I was getting in (#20). All I could do at that point is start working on improving my application for next year. However, if I had offers at other schools I'm sure I would have been more stressed. So I would say it gets easier and then when April comes it either gets easy or hard again.
Last year, I was wait listed at VMRCVM and accepted nowhere else. In terms of if it gets easier... I was super bummed the first week but then latched onto the idea that maybe I was #1 on the waitlist. You think about it less and less until April comes around. When I asked, I realized that there was no way I was getting in (#20). All I could do at that point is start working on improving my application for next year. However, if I had offers at other schools I'm sure I would have been more stressed. So I would say it gets easier and then when April comes it either gets easy or hard again.
Were you IS last year when you were #20 ?Someone earlier in the thread said around 60 or something. You have to remember that most kids would pick their in-state if they got in just for tuition purposes (unless it's somewhere like Penn whose in-state is expensive), so the OOS list for most schools moves quite a bit. I went to one school where they offered 80 spots and only 12 accepted and they went down into the 100s on the waitlist. Virginia probably won't be as many since it's OOS tuition is on the cheaper side. I'd expect at least 30, probably more.
Last year, I was wait listed at VMRCVM and accepted nowhere else. In terms of if it gets easier... I was super bummed the first week but then latched onto the idea that maybe I was #1 on the waitlist. You think about it less and less until April comes around. When I asked, I realized that there was no way I was getting in (#20). All I could do at that point is start working on improving my application for next year. However, if I had offers at other schools I'm sure I would have been more stressed. So I would say it gets easier and then when April comes it either gets easy or hard again.
Were you IS last year when you were #20 ?
Yeah, VA in-state both years. Each state gets a different waitlist and OOS gets a waitlist.
No! I have been trying all weekend to get it figured out!
I think everyone had problems with this. Apparently there was a system update around 3:00 today that should have resolved the issues. You will have to clear out your cache before trying again. I was able to pay my deposit this evening when I got home.
I am going to disagree with that. Virginia waitlist moved by at least 7 or 8 spots last year (my friend was on the waitlist last year). And based off of talking with my friends who were accepted, expect it to move at least 3 from my n=3 sample size alone.
I agree. I had a friend who was wait listed last year. She thought she was pretty much done for, so she accepted an offer OOS, then got accepted at VMRCVM. So, all is not lost if you're wait listed!
You guys have no idea how much it helps to read all the support for people waitlisted! It fills my heart with hope and take some of the agony of not knowing where you stand on the list away. Thank you ♡I agree. I had a friend who was wait listed last year. She thought she was pretty much done for, so she accepted an offer OOS, then got accepted at VMRCVM. So, all is not lost if you're wait listed!
Just are forewarning...I was accepted OOS a few years back (I'm c/o 2015) and I waited a few weeks to send in my deposit (it was mail then and not online) and all the spots filled up for OOS while I waited to mail mine in. I was then placed on the wait list until OOS students accepted offers elsewhere and spots opened back up (which they did as April approached). So, as I'm sure you all know, they accept more OOS students than there are spots in the class, so if you are at all considering going to VMRCVM (which you should), make sure you get your deposit in in a timely fashion (and be willing to forfeit it if you decide to go elsewhere) or at least contact Academic Affairs to see how many spots are remaining because they fill up quick and I would hate for people to end up in the nerve-racking position that I was for a few weeks there. Best of luck to all!!!
That's not allowed and should be reported to AAVMC if it happens. All students that receive acceptances have until the April 15 deadline to hold their seats.Just are forewarning...I was accepted OOS a few years back (I'm c/o 2015) and I waited a few weeks to send in my deposit (it was mail then and not online) and all the spots filled up for OOS while I waited to mail mine in. I was then placed on the wait list until OOS students accepted offers elsewhere and spots opened back up (which they did as April approached). So, as I'm sure you all know, they accept more OOS students than there are spots in the class, so if you are at all considering going to VMRCVM (which you should), make sure you get your deposit in in a timely fashion (and be willing to forfeit it if you decide to go elsewhere) or at least contact Academic Affairs to see how many spots are remaining because they fill up quick and I would hate for people to end up in the nerve-racking position that I was for a few weeks there. Best of luck to all!!!
Does anyone have an idea how far the MD waitlist has moved before?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just out of curiosity, how much is the deposit?
Per the email, the deposit is $400!
Anybody rejected their offer yet? *sigh*
Hang in there! I know the wait is a killer. There are a lot of people who will wait until they hear from all their schools before accepting an offer. My guess is that there will be a whole lot of reshuffling after the last school sends them out.