Voiding MCAT Clarification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H.Tarbox

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just thought I’d post the AAMC’s answer to the frequently searched “voiding MCAT” question. I looked over the forum and did not find an answer ever including this official explanation. To me, it appears their answer is more blunt and explicit than what has been led on at SDN. However, most conjecture on the forum is from 2016 and it seems the more recent dialogue is no longer purporting the “adcoms can see you voided” myth. I’m guessing enough people emailed AAMC asking this Q, still paranoid by information they were finding online while also picking apart the response email, so AAMC decided to squash any room for mystery. Here it is, straight from AAMC’s MCAT Scoring FAQs (I hope this helps anyone needing this information):

Will medical schools know if I void my exam?
Medical schools do not have any record of exams which you chose to void or no-show, nor do they have the ability to access a system that shows them whether you voided or no-showed. Only you will have a record of these exams through the MCAT Score Reporting System. Medical schools only have access to the exams you chose to score. Remember, voids and no-shows count as an attempt toward your testing limits.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user