This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caffeine jitters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have tried looking for similar threads, but I cannot seem to find much regarding my particular question. I am wondering how AADSAS asks about volunteering? Is it just a lump sum of hours that they're asking for - like they do with shadowing; or, do they want to know how and when you got those hours over time?

Members don't see this ad.

It asks you to list each place you volunteered with a description as well as a box to input the amount of hours.

It asks you to list each place you volunteered with a description as well as a box to input the amount of hours.
Thank you :)
By any chance, do you know if I will be able to list unpaid dental assisting as volunteering? It is at a health department; although, it's also the same place I do my shadowing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you :)
By any chance, do you know if I will be able to list unpaid dental assisting as volunteering? It is at a health department; although, it's also the same place I do my shadowing.
If you did separate tasks at the same place, you would list them under the appropriate categories with the appropriately allocated hours you spent in each. For example, if you worked as an employee and volunteered at the food bank for 250 hours total, you would list the food bank under the employment category for 200 of hours and also list the food bank under volunteering for 50 hours if that's how much you spent doing each.

I have a question relating to the volunteering too. Do you list the volunteering events that you did only for a day or two? For example, like Earth Fair volunteering.