Volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjancari

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently trying to create an excel with volunteer hours. I volunteered a lot during high school (2012-2014), is this not recent enough to log? If the dates are sufficient, I wanted some opinions on if a gym class helping students with mental/physical disabilities would qualify as volunteer. The gym class was every day and I did it for two years.

Members don't see this ad.

The gym thing for sure sounds like a really good volunteer experience to me! I think you are only supposed to put volunteer experiences starting from college though.

You can only include volunteer work that you completed while attending college. But great idea with an excel sheet!

In terms of volunteering, they advise you to pick things that you will be doing in your future career such as working with animals if you want to become a veterinarian.

Think PPCC

People
Passion
Commitment
Consistency

Don't include anything that you've done in high school on the app.. it explicitly states that in the app instructions.