Vote for President

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vote for President

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 150 52.1%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 138 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump supporters are so rabid they can't even get on the same page. Has Obama been mass deporting or giving illegals a free pass? Turns out, when you're actually forced to have a nuanced, researched view on the matter, the answer isn't so simple.

Should people who come here illegally be rewarded in the form of blanket amnesty? No. Is immediately deporting 11 million people who are otherwise law-abiding (and in the process breaking up hundreds of thousands of families) something to be considered reasonable, moral, or even feasible? No.

Solutions to complex problems don't come in the form of bigoted, idiotic, compromise-free one liners about rapists, yuge walls that mexico will pay for, mass deportation, and a love for taco salads.

Obama deports illegal immigrants, but not as many as the law requires, i.e. every illegal immigrant.

Illegally entering the United States is a crime.

The punishment for the crime is deportation.

Again, if you care one iota about the law, you would see the need to enforce it. With illegal immigrants. And with crooked Hillary's racketeering, bribery, espionage, obstruction of justice, perjury.

Members don't see this ad.

Can I point out YOUR racism, xenophobia, and bigoted opinions?

You think that Trump's statement that ILLEGAL immigrants should be deported is racist, which implies that YOU are actually the racist for equating ILLEGAL immigrant with Mexican.

You think that saying "I love Hispanics" is racist against Mexicans, even though Mexican is a nationality, and Hispanic is actually a race.

You think that criticizing women using the same speech that people use to criticize MEN is sexist.

You think that Hillary's "VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN" speech is NOT sexist, even though it is ENTIRELY sexist.

You, sir, are the bigot.

Bravo.

Last edited:
Can I point out YOUR racism, xenophobia, and bigoted opinions?

You think that Trump's statement that ILLEGAL immigrants should be deported is racist, which implies that YOU are actually the racist for equating ILLEGAL immigrant with Mexican.

You think that saying "I love Hispanics" is racist against Mexicans, even though Mexican is a nationality, and Hispanic is actually a race.

You think that criticizing women using the same speech that people use to criticize MEN is sexist.

You think that Hillary's "VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN" speech is NOT sexist, even though it is ENTIRELY sexist.

You, sir, are the bigot.

Oh gosh, you got me. Well, you would have if I said all those things. But I'm glad you know me better than I know myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Illegally entering the United States is a crime.

The punishment for the crime is deportation.

The black or white, right or wrong, with me or against me approach you've brought to this thread reminds me of an article I read a couple years ago

"
http://billmoyers.com/2014/07/17/scientists-are-beginning-to-figure-out-why-conservatives-are…-conservative/

Scientists Are Beginning to Figure Out Why Conservatives Are… Conservative
July 17, 2014
by Chris Mooney

You could be forgiven for not having browsed through the latest issue of the journal Behavioral and Brain Sciences. If you care about politics, though, you’ll find a punchline therein that is pretty extraordinary.

Behavioral and Brain Sciences employs a rather unique practice called “Open Peer Commentary”: An article of major significance is published, a large number of fellow scholars comment on it and then the original author responds to all of them. The approach has many virtues, one of which being that it lets you see where a community of scholars and thinkers stand with respect to a controversial or provocative scientific idea. And in the latest issue of the journal, this process reveals the following conclusion: A large body of political scientists and political psychologists now concur that liberals and conservatives disagree about politics in part because they are different people at the level of personality, psychology and even traits like physiology and genetics.

That’s a big deal. It challenges everything that we thought we knew about politics — upending the idea that we get our beliefs solely from our upbringing, from our friends and families, from our personal economic interests, and calling into question the notion that in politics, we can really change (most of us, anyway).

The occasion of this revelation is a paper by John Hibbing of the University of Nebraska and his colleagues, arguing that political conservatives have a “negativity bias,” meaning that they are physiologically more attuned to negative (threatening, disgusting) stimuli in their environments. (The paper can be read for free here.) In the process, Hibbing et al. marshal a large body of evidence, including their own experiments using eye trackers and other devices to measure the involuntary responses of political partisans to different types of images. One finding? That conservatives respond much more rapidly to threatening and aversive stimuli (for instance, images of “a very large spider on the face of a frightened person, a dazed individual with a bloody face, and an open wound with maggots in it,” as one of their papers put it).

In other words, the conservative ideology, and especially one of its major facets — centered on a strong military, tough law enforcement, resistance to immigration, widespread availability of guns — would seem well tailored for an underlying, threat-oriented biology.

The authors go on to speculate that this ultimately reflects an evolutionary imperative. “One possibility,” they write, “is that a strong negativity bias was extremely useful in the Pleistocene,” when it would have been super-helpful in preventing you from getting killed. (The Pleistocene epoch lasted from roughly 2.5 million years ago until 12,000 years ago.) We had John Hibbing on the Inquiring Minds podcast earlier this year, and he discussed these ideas in depth; you can listen here:

Hibbing and his colleagues make an intriguing argument in their latest paper, but what’s truly fascinating is what happened next. Twenty-six different scholars or groups of scholars then got an opportunity to tee off on the paper, firing off a variety of responses. But as Hibbing and colleagues note in their final reply, out of those responses, “22 or 23 accept the general idea” of a conservative negativity bias, and simply add commentary to aid in the process of “modifying it, expanding on it, specifying where it does and does not work,” and so on. Only about three scholars or groups of scholars seem to reject the idea entirely.

That’s pretty extraordinary, when you think about it. After all, one of the teams of commenters includes New York University social psychologist John Jost, who drew considerable political ire in 2003 when he and his colleagues published a synthesis of existing psychological studies on ideology, suggesting that conservatives are characterized by traits such as a need for certainty and an intolerance of ambiguity. Now, writing in Behavioral and Brain Sciences in response to Hibbing roughly a decade later, Jost and fellow scholars note that…

There is by now evidence from a variety of laboratories around the world using a variety of methodological techniques leading to the virtually inescapable conclusion that the cognitive-motivational styles of leftists and rightists are quite different. This research consistently finds that conservatism is positively associated with heightened epistemic concerns for order, structure, closure, certainty, consistency, simplicity, and familiarity, as well as existential concerns such as perceptions of danger, sensitivity to threat, and death anxiety. [Italics added]
Back in 2003, Jost and his team were blasted by Ann Coulter, George Willand National Review for saying this; congressional Republicans began probing into their research grants and they got lots of hate mail. But what’s clear is that today, they’ve more or less triumphed. They won a field of converts to their view and sparked a wave of new research, including the work of Hibbing and his team.

Granted, there are still many issues yet to be worked out in the science of ideology. Most of the commentaries on the new Hibbing paper are focused on important but not-paradigm-shifting side issues, such as the question of how conservatives can have a higher negativity bias, and yet not have neurotic personalities. (Actually, if anything, the research suggests that liberals may be the more neurotic bunch.) Indeed, conservatives tend to have a high degree of happiness and life satisfaction. But Hibbing and colleagues find no contradiction here. Instead, they paraphrase two other scholarly commentators (Matt Motyl of the University of Virginia and Ravi Iyer of the University of Southern California), who note that “successfully monitoring and attending negative features of the environment, as conservatives tend to do, may be just the sort of tractable task…that is more likely to lead to a fulfilling and happy life than is a constant search for new experience after new experience.”

All of this matters, of course, because we still operate in politics and in media as if minds can be changed by the best honed arguments, the most compelling facts. And yet if our political opponents are simply perceiving the world differently, that idea starts to crumble. Out of the rubble just might arise a better way of acting in politics that leads to less dysfunction and less gridlock…thanks to science.

"

Oh gosh, you got me. Well, you would have if I said all those things. But I'm glad you know me better than I know myself.

It's not hard.

You and the rest of the leftists use the exact same weak arguments to claim "TRUMP IS RACIST/SEXIST/HOMOPHOBE/LGBTQIA+++PHOBIC".

There is never any substance, only weak arguments that can be refuted immediately.

Reactions: 1 users
The black or white, right or wrong, with me or against me approach you've brought to this thread reminds me of an article I read a couple years ago

Do you understand that leftists employ that thinking?

If you aren't for transexuals in bathrooms, then you're TRANSPHOBIC.

If you aren't for gun bans, then you HATE CHILDREN.

If you don't support Black Lives Matter, then you're RACIST.

If you don't believe in the ludicrous gender wage gap, then you're SEXIST.

If you don't want to give amnesty and citizenship to illegal immigrants, then you're XENOPHOBIC and RACIST.

If you don't want to take in hundreds of thousands of migrants from Syria when they can't be vetted properly, then you're ISLAMOPHOBIC and RACIST.

If you're black and you don't vote Democrat, then you're NOT BLACK and an UNCLE TOM.

The true irony is that leftists are the ones who are the fascists.

js3UlSs.jpg

Where was the sniper fire, Hillary?

In case you leftists don't understand, the real racists are the ones who say you're only black if you are still on the plantation of the Democrat National Committee.

qweqwreqwr-meme-generator-we-approve-and-condone-racism-against-blacks-who-escape-the-democratic-party-plantation-ea8897.jpg

3e86d361b85ab2544d8ac864714f1add.jpg

Are you seriously trying to argue that the republican party is better for minorities??

Are you seriously trying to argue that the republican party is better for minorities??

i-believe-the-best-social-program-is-a-job-quote-1.jpg

But what does the father of modern social welfare have to say about minorities?

jsQPfv.jpg

This is what the Democrat Party has done for African-Americans:

VmrwEW.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Why does Hillary want so badly to take women's rights to defend themselves, but she can have multiple armed guards at all times?

Kr89RPL.jpg

Are you sure these are the kinds of people you want to align yourself with?

Flag burners, anarchists, terrorists, anti-police thugs.

In honor of Memorial Day and our fallen heroes, here are some crooked Hillary supporters:

Sure. For the christian white (male) heterosexual English-speaking, (now) minority of European descent, which basically founded this country, and constituted its middle class and elites for centuries, which now finds itself more and more marginalized, while all the other minority groups are protected by law and PC. ;)

It's tough to be taught all your life that this is your group's country, then wake up one day and realize that it's not anymore. Hence Trump.

Ties along well with the paper above. The country is irreversibly becoming more of a melting pot and socially liberal. Conservatives see threats everywhere, politically culminating in a minority president.

Mind control experts are very clear that Trump has taken advantage of their fears, validating them and claiming to have a solution. They're blinded from nonsensical lies, many which are dangerous (i.e. Hillary wants to get rid of 2nd amendment, Mexicans are rapists and murderers, unemployment is 50%, Obama isn't American, American-Muslims cheered 9/11, we don't know anything about people immigrating from Muslim countries, the Chineses invented global warming, etc). And remember last year when many Texans were CONVINCED that Obama was going to declare marshal law and take their guns?

It takes deep degree of "sensitivity to threat" and brainwashing to buy this absurd stupidity. I think to a lot of us it continues to be a very weird and dangerous social experiment.

Trump is in NO WAY Hitler. I can't emphasize that enough. But how many books/documentaries are devoted to the absurd "fear of threat" from Jews and outsiders that PEOPLE IN GERMANY BOUGHT INTO when it was clear it was all BS? Most of us watch those and wonder how those people let themselves become brainwashed?

I GUARANTEE you, one day in the next few years we'll watch compilations of Trump's speeches and interviews and say to ourselves "how the he11 did people get suckered into believing this BS?"

We're living in a very interesting time...

They're blinded from nonsensical lies, many which are dangerous (i.e. Hillary wants to get rid of 2nd amendment, Mexicans are rapists and murderers, unemployment is 50%, Obama isn't American, American-Muslims cheered 9/11, we don't know anything about people immigrating from Muslim countries, the Chineses invented global warming, etc).

American-Muslims did cheer 9/11 and continue to advocate for terrorist acts against the United States:

Hillary does want to get rid of the 2nd amendment.

Regarding disproportionate higher murder rate among illegal immigrants compared to overall population:

• Between 2008 and 2014, 40% of all murder convictions in Florida were criminal aliens. In New York it was 34% and Arizona 17.8%.
  • During those years, criminal aliens accounted for 38% of all murder convictions in the five states of California, Texas, Arizona, Florida and New York, while illegal aliens constitute only 5.6% of the total population in those states.
  • That 38% represents 7,085 murders out of the total of 18,643.
That 5.6% figure for the average illegal alien population in those five states comes from US Census estimates.

Regarding vetting Syrian migrants, FBI director James Comey stated:
“We can only query against that which we have collected,” Comey said in response to a line of questioning from Mississippi Rep. Bennie Thompson .

“And so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home, but there will be nothing show up because we have no record of them.”

Regarding the high unemployment rate under Obama:

Unemployment Indicators Only Tell Part of the Story

He speaks off the cuff, doesn't use a teleprompter, and he's genuine.
It's a valid point. I'm sure without a teleprompter Hillary would be calling POWs losers or doing a lot more talking about how great her t1ts are/used to be.

They're blinded from nonsensical lies, many which are dangerous (i.e. Hillary wants to get rid of 2nd amendment

You're a sensible person, but you're falling into the trap most sensible people who vote Democrat fall into concerning gun control. It's probably not that important to you personally, so you don't follow it closely, and so you miss what's really happening, what the long term trend is.

There has always been a faction in US politics that favors more gun control. It got serious and gained significant traction in the post Civil War south, and there's been an incremental chipping away at the 2nd Amendment ever since. I've written about this on SDN many times before, so I won't rehash it all. The short version:

We've endured a nearly continuous trajectory of more and more restriction, ultimately aimed at a complete ban of privately owned firearms, born mostly from racism and classism. Start with the laws aimed at disarming and keeping newly-freed black slaves down in the south in the 1860s. Some other notable milestones of "reasonable commonsense" gun control would include the 1934 National Firearms Act (which heavily taxed many guns so only rich people could own them), the 1968 Gun Control Act, the 1986 Hughes Amendment to FOPA, the 1994 "federal" assault weapon ban, and everything the state of California does between Monday and Friday (inclusive) every single week the state legislature is in session.

You're a sensible person, and you probably genuinely believe that none of these steps were aimed at banning private ownership of firearms. These people aren't stupid. They know an outright ban can't happen overnight. So they chip away bit by bit, pushing as much as they can get away with. Sometimes they overestimate how much they can get, and they fail (e.g. post Sandy Hook efforts) but they just try again. Sometimes they bite off the right amount, and we get magazine capacity bans, the federal AWB, etc.

But please recognize - the ultimate goal really is registration, a ban of new manufacture/purchase, and finally confiscation.

I have been generally sickened by the antics of the Republican party over the last decade or two. That's not to say I love the Democrats, with their own pandering faux-championing of the poor and their own silly misguided (but mostly well-intentioned) policies.

But their incremental, insidious efforts to push more and more gun control - especially the cynically opportunistic attempts like we witnessed after Sandy Hook - are absolute dealbreakers for many of us. Hardly a day goes by when somewhere in this country a Democrat tries to turn ME into a felon with a new law. Not drug dealers, murderers, burglars, rapists ... me.

TWO WEEKS AGO California's Senate passed a law prohibiting the manufacture and sale of semi-automatic rifles.

A competition rifle I've owned for years is illegal under this new law. It's the last thing anyone would ever use to commit a crime. It cost about $1500. It has about 8 pounds of lead weights added to it for balance and inertia. It's used in a class of competition that has been sanctioned by the Civilian Marksmanship Program for over a century. And California is making it illegal.

The truth is that the Democratic Party really is making concerted efforts to ban guns.

Every once in a while one of them lets slip the real goal.

Senator Feinstein said:
If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright [assault rifle] ban, picking up every one of them, ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn ‘em all in,’ I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here.

Hillary Clinton said:
I also believe that every new handgun sale or transfer should be registered in a national registry, such as Chuck [Schumer] is proposing.

Hillary Clinton (2008 election) said:
I would also work to reinstate the assault weapons ban.

Australia has chosen the register, ban, and confiscate path of gun control, and both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have praised it:

Hillary Clinton said:
[Australian style gun control would be] worth considering doing … on a national level.

Barack Obama said:
Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since.

When Democrats comes right out and claim no desire or intent to pursue gun control, we don't believe them, since they've been lying about it for decades. We need look no further than the current president, who repeatedly denied any plans to support new gun control legislation, only to make a major push for it about a month after he was safely re-elected. We need look no further than the current (presumed) presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton. We need look no further than the two California Senators, Feinstein and Boxer, who've been "serving" in the Senate since the early 90s.

You want to stop Trump? You want the positive pieces of the Democratic platform to proceed? Start with an honest assessment of what's really happening in your party concerning gun control. The Democrat party desires and works toward incremental, progressive gun control with the ultimate goal of a complete ban.

This subject alone is responsible for a huge number of Republican votes, including mine.

Your party really is working to ban private firearm ownership in the United States. Don't agree with that? Don't like it? Don't want to keep losing votes because of it? Good. The first step to changing it, is to acknowledge that it's happening.

You're a sensible person, but you're falling into the trap most sensible people who vote Democrat fall into concerning gun control. It's probably not that important to you personally, so you don't follow it closely, and so you miss what's really happening, what the long term trend is.

There has always been a faction in US politics that favors more gun control. It got serious and gained significant traction in the post Civil War south, and there's been an incremental chipping away at the 2nd Amendment ever since. I've written about this on SDN many times before, so I won't rehash it all. The short version:

We've endured a nearly continuous trajectory of more and more restriction, ultimately aimed at a complete ban of privately owned firearms, born mostly from racism and classism. Start with the laws aimed at disarming and keeping newly-freed black slaves down in the south in the 1860s. Some other notable milestones of "reasonable commonsense" gun control would include the 1934 National Firearms Act (which heavily taxed many guns so only rich people could own them), the 1968 Gun Control Act, the 1986 Hughes Amendment to FOPA, the 1994 "federal" assault weapon ban, and everything the state of California does between Monday and Friday (inclusive) every single week the state legislature is in session.

You're a sensible person, and you probably genuinely believe that none of these steps were aimed at banning private ownership of firearms. These people aren't stupid. They know an outright ban can't happen overnight. So they chip away bit by bit, pushing as much as they can get away with. Sometimes they overestimate how much they can get, and they fail (e.g. post Sandy Hook efforts) but they just try again. Sometimes they bite off the right amount, and we get magazine capacity bans, the federal AWB, etc.

But please recognize - the ultimate goal really is registration, a ban of new manufacture/purchase, and finally confiscation.

I have been generally sickened by the antics of the Republican party over the last decade or two. That's not to say I love the Democrats, with their own pandering faux-championing of the poor and their own silly misguided (but mostly well-intentioned) policies.

But their incremental, insidious efforts to push more and more gun control - especially the cynically opportunistic attempts like we witnessed after Sandy Hook - are absolute dealbreakers for many of us. Hardly a day goes by when somewhere in this country a Democrat tries to turn ME into a felon with a new law. Not drug dealers, murderers, burglars, rapists ... me.

TWO WEEKS AGO California's Senate passed a law prohibiting the manufacture and sale of semi-automatic rifles.

A competition rifle I've owned for years is illegal under this new law. It's the last thing anyone would ever use to commit a crime. It cost about $1500. It has about 8 pounds of lead weights added to it for balance and inertia. It's used in a class of competition that has been sanctioned by the Civilian Marksmanship Program for over a century. And California is making it illegal.

The truth is that the Democratic Party really is making concerted efforts to ban guns.

Every once in a while one of them lets slip the real goal.

Australia has chosen the register, ban, and confiscate path of gun control, and both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have praised it:

When Democrats comes right out and claim no desire or intent to pursue gun control, we don't believe them, since they've been lying about it for decades. We need look no further than the current president, who repeatedly denied any plans to support new gun control legislation, only to make a major push for it about a month after he was safely re-elected. We need look no further than the current (presumed) presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton. We need look no further than the two California Senators, Feinstein and Boxer, who've been "serving" in the Senate since the early 90s.

You want to stop Trump? You want the positive pieces of the Democratic platform to proceed? Start with an honest assessment of what's really happening in your party concerning gun control. The Democrat party desires and works toward incremental, progressive gun control with the ultimate goal of a complete ban.

This subject alone is responsible for a huge number of Republican votes, including mine.

Your party really is working to ban private firearm ownership in the United States. Don't agree with that? Don't like it? Don't want to keep losing votes because of it? Good. The first step to changing it, is to acknowledge that it's happening.
I understand what you're saying, and I have no doubt that if I were a gun enthusiast I would interpret things the same way. I have a couple of thoughts that I think the majority of "gun-control" proponents would agree with though.
1) Getting rid of the 2nd amendment is not even a consideration, whether your talking about the Democratic Party or most every other gun control proponent. We obviously disagree strongly on people's motivations here. I'm sure someone out there is for such an action, but I've never met a person who feels this way. Law-abiding people have an absolute right to protect their homes, shoot competitively, and hunt. Whatever you believe about the Democratic Party (which I am not a member of, although I tend to agree with), there is not and will not ever be a policy to confiscate everyone's guns. 1/3 of democrats own guns, and almost ALL of the remaining 2/3 support the 2nd amendment. And I couldn't disagree more on your assessment of Obama. His promise, which he kept, was that law-abiding people would not have their rifle, shotgun, or handgun taken from them. And I don't for a second understand why bringing up ways to prevent recurrence of tragedies after a tragedy is "opportunistic". It's what leaders HAVE to do.

What they (and I) agree on is that the 2nd amendment is CLEARLY not unlimited, like EVERY OTHER constitutional right. You can't own a tank with live shell, grenades, or m60s. Where the limitations stop is the argument we are having. NOT the constitutional right. I agree with all of the politicians quoted above. None of those quotes indicate a motivation to take everyone's guns. But like with most laws, there's a balance between public/personal safety and public/personal freedom. some things define this country and can't be eliminated whether they make us more unsafe or not. Our open arms to immigrants, regardless of ethnicity/religion. Vigorous defense of even the worst criminals. The right to buy/sell guns.

2) The goal of the vast majority of gun control advocates is to reduce gun related violent crime. That is all. If people weren't getting killed in the ridiculous numbers that they are, VERY few people would be saying ANYTHING about guns. ANYONE could own a freakin m60 for all I care if gun violence were rare.

3). We don't have good data on how to stop gun violence given our current circumstances. Better parenting? More police? Better mental health care? Don't sell to violent criminals/terrorists? Yes on all accounts. Making them less accessible to the wrong people is another possibility. All we know is WAY to many people are getting killed with guns, and it needs to be addressed NOW. Suggesting ways to make guns less prevalent does not seem unreasonable. Unless, that is, you interpret that as a step toward total confiscation and overturning the 2nd amendment. That interpretation does strike gun-control folks as paranoid, because no one is suggesting it. It attempts to read our minds, and I can ASSURE you, it is inaccurate. There is an absolute CHASM of difference between tough background checks and making gun ownership a crime.

I also think you're reasonable. It does surprise me then when I hear you think there is any sort of concerted effort to take everyone's guns and make ownership illegal. I don't like the idea of laws preventing stand-up citizens like you from owning your sporting rifle, and I hope that's not ultimately the case. But the idea that that means they want to outlaw all your guns is ludicrous. Whether you believe it or not, I (and most other gun control advocates) would consider completely outlawing guns just as crackpot and un-American as you would.

Thanks for the reply. If only the people running for office with the D banner were more like you. They've just burned too many 2A bridges with me.

Maybe it's because I lived in California for so long, where it's normal for Democratic politicians like former state senator Leland Yee to make a career out of pushing gun control. Then they pretend he doesn't exist, except to continue praising and pushing his gun control laws, after he gets arrested for arms trafficking between a Philippine terrorist group and San Francisco organized crime. This is a guy who repeatedly introduced legislation to make rifles I owned illegal - felonies just to possess. And every elected Democrat in the state got behind it.

Maybe it's because I've been exposed to Diane Feinstein for so much of my adult life. She really, really does want to register, ban, and confiscate everyone's firearms. Well, almost everyone's. She rails against carry permits but had the only one issued in San Francisco, because safety and firearms are for important people like her.

Or maybe it's because the CA state attorney general, Kamala Harris (incidentally also on Obama's short list of SCOTUS nominees and clearly destined for higher office as a Democrat), arbitrarily and illegally changed the MAWP permit process for military members in CA on orders (which is prescribed by law and very clear), and directed her DOJ to not renew the rifle permits held by military members in California, including me. Maybe it's because I had to load my car with all of my suddenly-illegal firearms and drive to my brother's house in Arizona to store them for the next three years.

Or maybe it's because the Democrat sheriff in the California town I used to live in refused to even accept my carry permit application, and the Democrat police chief who eventually did accept the application still took 7 months to review and approve. I'm a white male military officer and a doctor. If this is what they're doing to me, I can only imagine what minorities and women endure. Oh, wait, the same Democrat denied my wife's permit application at the same time, presumably because a woman's right to self defense is less important than a man's. (No explanation for her denial was given beyond "insufficient cause to issue".)

Or maybe it's because not-yet-Justice Kagan clearly lied during her confirmation hearings, agreeing that a Justice should respect precedent, and agreeing that Heller was settled law ... and then newly-confirmed-Justice Kagan voted against the identical case McDonald a short time later. (Heller affirmed the right of DC residents to own handguns for self defense; McDonald affirmed the right of residents of the 50 states to own handguns for self defense.)

When Democrat politicians, attorneys general, and judges say reasonable things about gun control, it's just an act. They say as much as they think they can get away with, today. They sound so reasonable. But the goal is clear.

To them, the 2nd Amendment and SCOTUS rulings liker Heller & McDonald are obstacles to be overcome. Much like Roe vs Wade is just an obstacle for conservative Republicans to overcome. Today they can't ban abortion, but they chip away at it ... one day it's a zoning ordnance for clinics, another day it's mandatory ultrasound exams, another day it's defunding Planned Parenthood ... but we all know that what they really want is to roll back R v W and ban abortion outright.

The difference between the Republicans' anti-abortion efforts and the Democrats' gun control efforts is that the Democrats are better about lying about their desired end state. Both want a complete ban and are working an incremental, long con to get there. To believe otherwise is just naive.

You can't own a tank with live shell, grenades, or m60s. Where the limitations stop is the argument we are having.

[...]

ANYONE could own a freakin m60 for all I care if gun violence were rare.

Actually, anyone who's RICH and not a felon can ... in most states. There are transferrable M60 machine guns out there, grenades too. They're regulated by the 1934 National Firearms Act, and purchase/possession requires registration with the ATF and payment of a $200 fee. (There are some extra rules about how explosive devices must be stored.)

Machine guns are expensive (literally tens of thousands of dollars, often 6-figures) because the registry was closed in 1986 ... by a FOPA amendment written by Rep Hughes (a Democrat), which was passed by a voice vote presided over by Rep Rangel (a Democrat), which he judged to have audibly passed but refused requests for a recorded vote.

Since closure of the machine gun registry, the only people who can afford them are the rich.

Between 1934 and 1986, only two crimes had been committed with registered machine guns (one by a police officer). Closing the registry clearly wasn't a response to actual crimes being committed. It was just a nibble toward the end goal.

In 1934, the $200 fee was the equivalent of something like $3000 today. Most of the things regulated by that act are sound suppressors, rifles with barrels under 16" and shotguns with barrels under 18". The purpose was to prevent poor people from owning these guns, and limiting them to the rich. Sound suppressors, which are unregulated in many countries with far more strict gun control, and considered good manners, are heavily regulated in the US because poor people were using them to poach meals during the Depression.

Until inflation ate away the bite of the $200 NFA tax, the only people who could afford these guns were the rich.

This is what gun control is about. Keeping poor people and minorities down. Safety is a ruse, a lie. One of the gun control lobby's greatest coups has been convincing poor people that gun control is for their own good. It has always been about control, classism, and racism.

Whether you believe it or not, I (and most other gun control advocates) would consider completely outlawing guns just as crackpot and un-American as you would.

I believe you. I just don't believe Hillary Clinton or anyone else in the Democratic party.

I wish I could be a Democrat. I agree with them on so much else. They're no more fiscally reckless than Republicans, so I guess I can't get on their case too much about entitlement spending. There are even pieces of Obamacare I agree with in principle, though the execution sucked. And they have more respect for the non-2nd Amendments than the Republicans ... generally more respect for individual liberty.

pgg, I'm as liberal as they come, but I also own a Bushmaster M4 and a Romanian SAR-1, and I would similarly be pissed off if one day my mere ownership became a felony considering I'm also a law-abiding doctor. At the same time, I find it hard to argue with statistics like these when we're talking about the correlation between firearm related deaths and gun restriction. Seriously, how are we worse than Nicaragua and Mexico.

upload_2016-6-1_20-15-6.png

pgg, I'm as liberal as they come, but I also own a Bushmaster M4 and a Romanian SAR-1, and I would similarly be pissed off if one day my mere ownership became a felony considering I'm also a law-abiding doctor. At the same time, I find it hard to argue with statistics like these when we're talking about the correlation between firearm related deaths and gun restriction. Seriously, how are we worse than Nicaragua and Mexico.
Exclude suicides from gun deaths. Violent crime rate is a better comparison - of course we have more gun crime, we have more guns.

Honest, rigorous comparisons are hard to do. We are demographically unlike any other country in the world. We're not Scandinavia or Singapore or Switzerland.

The USA is a pretty safe place to live.

Are we worse than Nicaragua and Mexico? Of course we aren't. That's ridiculous.

We're not worse than Cuba in infant mortality, either. Methodology matters.

Thanks for the reply. If only the people running for office with the D banner were more like you. They've just burned too many 2A bridges with me.

Maybe it's because I lived in California for so long, where it's normal for Democratic politicians like former state senator Leland Yee to make a career out of pushing gun control. Then they pretend he doesn't exist, except to continue praising and pushing his gun control laws, after he gets arrested for arms trafficking between a Philippine terrorist group and San Francisco organized crime. This is a guy who repeatedly introduced legislation to make rifles I owned illegal - felonies just to possess. And every elected Democrat in the state got behind it.

Maybe it's because I've been exposed to Diane Feinstein for so much of my adult life. She really, really does want to register, ban, and confiscate everyone's firearms. Well, almost everyone's. She rails against carry permits but had the only one issued in San Francisco, because safety and firearms are for important people like her.

Or maybe it's because the CA state attorney general, Kamala Harris (incidentally also on Obama's short list of SCOTUS nominees and clearly destined for higher office as a Democrat), arbitrarily and illegally changed the MAWP permit process for military members in CA on orders (which is prescribed by law and very clear), and directed her DOJ to not renew the rifle permits held by military members in California, including me. Maybe it's because I had to load my car with all of my suddenly-illegal firearms and drive to my brother's house in Arizona to store them for the next three years.

Or maybe it's because the Democrat sheriff in the California town I used to live in refused to even accept my carry permit application, and the Democrat police chief who eventually did accept the application still took 7 months to review and approve. I'm a white male military officer and a doctor. If this is what they're doing to me, I can only imagine what minorities and women endure. Oh, wait, the same Democrat denied my wife's permit application at the same time, presumably because a woman's right to self defense is less important than a man's. (No explanation for her denial was given beyond "insufficient cause to issue".)

Or maybe it's because not-yet-Justice Kagan clearly lied during her confirmation hearings, agreeing that a Justice should respect precedent, and agreeing that Heller was settled law ... and then newly-confirmed-Justice Kagan voted against the identical case McDonald a short time later. (Heller affirmed the right of DC residents to own handguns for self defense; McDonald affirmed the right of residents of the 50 states to own handguns for self defense.)

When Democrat politicians, attorneys general, and judges say reasonable things about gun control, it's just an act. They say as much as they think they can get away with, today. They sound so reasonable. But the goal is clear.

To them, the 2nd Amendment and SCOTUS rulings liker Heller & McDonald are obstacles to be overcome. Much like Roe vs Wade is just an obstacle for conservative Republicans to overcome. Today they can't ban abortion, but they chip away at it ... one day it's a zoning ordnance for clinics, another day it's mandatory ultrasound exams, another day it's defunding Planned Parenthood ... but we all know that what they really want is to roll back R v W and ban abortion outright.

The difference between the Republicans' anti-abortion efforts and the Democrats' gun control efforts is that the Democrats are better about lying about their desired end state. Both want a complete ban and are working an incremental, long con to get there. To believe otherwise is just naive.

Actually, anyone who's RICH and not a felon can ... in most states. There are transferrable M60 machine guns out there, grenades too. They're regulated by the 1934 National Firearms Act, and purchase/possession requires registration with the ATF and payment of a $200 fee. (There are some extra rules about how explosive devices must be stored.)

Machine guns are expensive (literally tens of thousands of dollars, often 6-figures) because the registry was closed in 1986 ... by a FOPA amendment written by Rep Hughes (a Democrat), which was passed by a voice vote presided over by Rep Rangel (a Democrat), which he judged to have audibly passed but refused requests for a recorded vote.

Since closure of the machine gun registry, the only people who can afford them are the rich.

Between 1934 and 1986, only two crimes had been committed with registered machine guns (one by a police officer). Closing the registry clearly wasn't a response to actual crimes being committed. It was just a nibble toward the end goal.

In 1934, the $200 fee was the equivalent of something like $3000 today. Most of the things regulated by that act are sound suppressors, rifles with barrels under 16" and shotguns with barrels under 18". The purpose was to prevent poor people from owning these guns, and limiting them to the rich. Sound suppressors, which are unregulated in many countries with far more strict gun control, and considered good manners, are heavily regulated in the US because poor people were using them to poach meals during the Depression.

Until inflation ate away the bite of the $200 NFA tax, the only people who could afford these guns were the rich.

This is what gun control is about. Keeping poor people and minorities down. Safety is a ruse, a lie. One of the gun control lobby's greatest coups has been convincing poor people that gun control is for their own good. It has always been about control, classism, and racism.

I believe you. I just don't believe Hillary Clinton or anyone else in the Democratic party.

I wish I could be a Democrat. I agree with them on so much else. They're no more fiscally reckless than Republicans, so I guess I can't get on their case too much about entitlement spending. There are even pieces of Obamacare I agree with in principle, though the execution sucked. And they have more respect for the non-2nd Amendments than the Republicans ... generally more respect for individual liberty.

The real difference between those that would limit abortion (gop) and those who would limit gun ownership is success. The most casual perusal will show that states are granting more and easier access to weapons and the ability to carry them. As for the federal government there has not been to my knowledge any successful legislation concerning gun control even with Sandy hook. One should guard your liberties but the truth is pgg california is not the country./

The real difference between those that would limit abortion (gop) and those who would limit gun ownership is success. The most casual perusal will show that states are granting more and easier access to weapons and the ability to carry them. As for the federal government there has not been to my knowledge any successful legislation concerning gun control even with Sandy hook. One should guard your liberties but the truth is pgg california is not the country./
And the STATED, OVERT goal of large numbers of anti-abortion folks is overturning Roe. I have yet to hear a gun control advocate argue for overturning the 2nd amendment. If ANYONE among these people are hiding their true intentions, I have yet to see a drop of evidence of this.

Last edited:

Thanks for your thoughtful response. Plenty of good points. I'll read up on some of those things that I admittedly know nothing about.

If you could humor me though, please direct me to an objective link/links to what you consider the most damning evidence supporting your contention that there is any political movement to overturn the right to own guns. I don't mean pushes for rigorous background checks or bans on what might be argued as assault weapons. I am personally in favor of these kinds of regulations. But I have ZERO interest in overturning the 2nd amendment. My guess is that you're misinterpreting people, including politicians, who think like I do. I am completely open to changing my mind if there are documents, recordings, or reliable transcripts of some person or group within the Democratic Party who covertly or otherwise endorses reversing the second amendment. Otherwise I don't see how your position is supportable.

With regards to the racism stuff, I have no doubt that that was at one time a motivation for some gun control advocates, although I'd have to educate myself further on the history of the subject to really understand racism's role. Currently, I don't see it that way at all. The fact that guns became expensive in the 30s was probably a biproduct of regulation, NOT an effort to keep them from the poor and/or minorities. Violence involving guns was frequent in the 30s, and limitations/registries for assault rifles like tommy guns/sub-machine guns and silencers were probably strongly supported, not due to racism but due to frequent gun violence and burgeoning mass-media. Either way, I GUARANTEE you, however terrible you may think Feinstein, Kagan, or Rengel are, they don't support gun control out of prejudice/racism.

I actually really like the fact that with an intense background check and registration, law-abiding citizens can STILL get machine guns. I honestly did not know that. I'm glad that's true. I think many more guns, maybe all of them, should fall under this kind of regulation. I don't know. I know that lots of gun violence is with unregistered guns, but just because the "cat's out of the bag" doesn't mean we should throw in the towel. We should do whatever we can to stop flooding the streets with guns and keep them in the hands of people we can trust. (This is beside the point though, I'm not really interested in arguing for/against gun-control. We really don't have any great information to give a clear answer to that question. I just want to understand where you're coming from with the belief in the effort to overturn the 2nd amendment, which I absolutely do not believe and have not seen any evidence to support).

Thanks again, and I love it when a discussion about a politically charged topic doesn't devolve into name-calling and childish hyperbole!

Reactions: 1 user
Here are some Hillary supporters in California:

Did you see his press conference where he called the reporter a "slimeball" for asking a question about the un-accounted for money with his fundraiser? Then he went off on a rant about how he hated all the media for pointing out his inconsistencies?

This is what really infuriates me more than anything else about this idiot. There is maybe NO right more important in this country than questioning what our leaders say and do. The fact that he doesn't understand that is another example to me of his complete lack of understanding of what this country is about. Nixon was bad, but Trump wants to suppress the media to a degree that we've NEVER seen.

Here are some Hillary supporters in California:

They're not just Hillary supporters, or Democrats. This contest is no longer about Republican vs Democrat. It's no longer about ideology or policies. This is about territory and survival. This is about whether our country belongs to us, or to violent Mexican supremacists (La Raza, "the Race") brandishing Mexican flags and violently assaulting ordinary Americans participating in the democratic process. A vote for Trump is not a vote for Trump, but a vote for the survival of our country. If you're not voting for Trump, you're voting for ceding your country to people like the ones in that video.

BUILD. THAT. WALL

Last edited:
Where I am, most of the nursing staff are anti-Hillary and anti-Trump. It's great.
Sanders doesn't even get talked about.
Most of them (especially the Blacks) go as far as saying "we should just have a third Obama term, it's not like he did anything but vacation anyways"

Jokes about a write-in ensued.

Did you see his press conference where he called the reporter a "slimeball" for asking a question about the un-accounted for money with his fundraiser? Then he went off on a rant about how he hated all the media for pointing out his inconsistencies?

This is what really infuriates me more than anything else about this idiot. There is maybe NO right more important in this country than questioning what our leaders say and do. The fact that he doesn't understand that is another example to me of his complete lack of understanding of what this country is about. Nixon was bad, but Trump wants to suppress the media to a degree that we've NEVER seen.

Ever politician strives to suppress negative press coverage. They may do it in different ways, but nonetheless they attempt to do so.

Ever politician strives to suppress negative press coverage. They may do it in different ways, but nonetheless they attempt to do so.
:nod:That's certainly true, but very much misses the point. Margaret Thatcher, Jimmy Carter, Reagan, Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, Bush, Hillary Clinton, Trump... They're all on a spectrum in MOST respects of their candidacy. It's where he falls on that spectrum that I think adds to the ridiculousness of Trump as a candidate.

This thread is AIDS. Not HIV. Full blown AIDS.

925277e6b151350f3612cae9c182b8434c6d66e4ae3f611ada6002dab87c9fa9.jpg
The gist is: both sides suck, but hey, what are you gonna do? Like it matters, they're both actors creating a public image and running a campaign. Big business really runs the show and they don't care who you vote for. They always win.

:nod:That's certainly true, but very much misses the point. Margaret Thatcher, Jimmy Carter, Reagan, Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, Bush, Hillary Clinton, Trump... They're all on a spectrum in MOST respects of their candidacy. It's where he falls on that spectrum that I think adds to the ridiculousness of Trump as a candidate.

No it doesn't miss the point.
Does it really matter?
There are conspiracists out there who claim that Presidents use smoke screen to suppress media of something they wish not to come out. Is it true? Maybe, maybe not.
Either way: Trump is a douche, Hillary is a douche. It is annoying to listen to both of them lie and make accusations when someone says something against them.
Where do you think Hillary and Trump fall in that spectrum, BTW?

I will wait for a REAL woman to run for President. Hillary won't be getting my vote. Trump is making me roll my eyes too. Johnson is annoying: "I'm fiscally conservative and socially far to the left, vote for me!!" ... Great.

No it doesn't miss the point.
Does it really matter?
There are conspiracists out there who claim that Presidents use smoke screen to suppress media of something they wish not to come out. Is it true? Maybe, maybe not.
Either way: Trump is a douche, Hillary is a douche. It is annoying to listen to both of them lie and make accusations when someone says something against them.
Where do you think Hillary and Trump fall in that spectrum, BTW?

I will wait for a REAL woman to run for President. Hillary won't be getting my vote. Trump is making me roll my eyes too. Johnson is annoying: "I'm fiscally conservative and socially far to the left, vote for me!!" ... Great.

Yes, it does matter. When you tell the media you want to push back libel and slander laws, when you hold a press conference and call people scum and general act like a middle school bully just for journalists asking questions, it is very different (in my eyes) than saying that people don't like negative coverage. I don't like people saying mean things about me, but I don't verbally attack them if they do so. And I think that speaks to his temperament that is just one of the reasons I don't want him as my Commander in Chief.

And what makes her not a real woman? Does she not have XX chromosomes? Do you know something about her medical history I'm not privy to? She's probably post-menopausal, so non functioning ovaries make her less of a real woman? I'm confused. Please help me understand. And it's capitalized so obviously you meant something by it.

Yes, it does matter. When you tell the media you want to push back libel and slander laws, when you hold a press conference and call people scum and general act like a middle school bully just for journalists asking questions, it is very different (in my eyes) than saying that people don't like negative coverage. I don't like people saying mean things about me, but I don't verbally attack them if they do so. And I think that speaks to his temperament that is just one of the reasons I don't want him as my Commander in Chief.

And what makes her not a real woman? Does she not have XX chromosomes? Do you know something about her medical history I'm not privy to? She's probably post-menopausal, so non functioning ovaries make her less of a real woman? I'm confused. Please help me understand. And it's capitalized so obviously you meant something by it.

She's a fraud who thinks that because she's a woman she deserves to be president. She doesn't deserve anything.
When I said real, I meant someone who is more genuine and not a lying scam artist. Not "real" in a biological sense. Lefties, gotta love 'em. I bet you were screaming "mysoginist" in your mind like an idiot.

She's a fraud who thinks that because she's a woman she deserves to be president. She doesn't deserve anything.
When I said real, I meant someone who is more genuine and not a lying scam artist. Not "real" in a biological sense. Lefties, gotta love 'em. I bet you were screaming "mysoginist" in your mind like an idiot.

Ok, not sure I still follow your rationale, but I guess that means we better wait for any REAL politician to come along cause they all talk like they deserve the job. So your probably not voting for anyone? Cause, Trump, well, yeah, he really deserves the White House. Could you imagine anyone running for office saying "I don't deserve this. Vote for me!" That would be like running for POTUS without ever having been an elected official, oh wait . . .

Right-wingers, gotta love 'em. I bet you are screaming about the downside of applying your "logic" across the board in your mind like an idiot.

And yeah, my first thought was that you are a misogynist, because when you say a phrase like she's not a REAL woman (like a misogynist) would without clarification, it's not a stretch to think you are a misogynist.

Don't bother. The man said Hillary Clinton thinks she deserves to be president purely "because she's a woman". Trump and his misogynists somehow missed her three decades of public service.
When hatred dictates someone's perceptions of reality, I guarantee having a discussion with them ain't gonna clear up your confusion.

Ok, not sure I still follow your rationale, but I guess that means we better wait for any REAL politician to come along cause they all talk like they deserve the job. So your probably not voting for anyone? Cause, Trump, well, yeah, he really deserves the White House. Could you imagine anyone running for office saying "I don't deserve this. Vote for me!" That would be like running for POTUS without ever having been an elected official, oh wait . . .

Right-wingers, gotta love 'em. I bet you are screaming about the downside of applying your "logic" across the board in your mind like an idiot.

And yeah, my first thought was that you are a misogynist, because when you say a phrase like she's not a REAL woman (like a misogynist) would without clarification, it's not a stretch to think you are a misogynist.

Neither deserve the White House. You think what you think because you want to think that way.
Being an elected official or politician doesn't mean you deserve being President.

Don't bother. The man said Hillary Clinton thinks she deserves to be president purely "because she's a woman". Trump and his misogynists somehow missed her three decades of public service.
When hatred dictates someone's perceptions of reality, I guarantee having a discussion with them ain't gonna clear up your confusion.

She doesn't?
Her supporters don't think so either?
I seem to recall a certain lady endorsing Hillary informing women that those who don't vote for her deserve a special place in hell (or something similar) and Hillary seemed to be all into that.

3 decades of public service? Lol, looks like we'll be circling the wheel here again. Never mind all the negatives that she was a part of. She could not handle being Sec of State. She certainly does NOT deserve to be President.

I'll take my chances with someone who won't potentially infringe on my freedoms or potentially expose us to other nations because she doesn't understand the need to ensure sensitive information need to remain private and encrypted. Problem with Trump is that he's as much a liberal in his own right and we certainly don't need anymore cops out there thinking they are above the law. Plenty already do that as it is. Being a minority, that's just not a good thing.

You're a bigot. How about that? Yeah, it's apparently easy to call people names. Twist words around and call someone a mysoginist. Perfect. Hillary supporters aren't doing themselves any favors with all these name-calling tendencies and riots that are going on, that's for sure.

I'm pretty sure when someone calls someone a REAL man, they aren't talking about his masculinity but rather the quality of the person. "A REAL man would never abuse a woman...etc." I don't think I've ever heard anyone jump straight to a sexism discussion after talking about a "real" man. Funny.

This is no longer a vote for Conservativism or Liberalism. It's about nationalism vs. globalization. I wouldn't mind if the US minded their own business from time to time and let other nations figure **** out on their own. It's not like we're fixing problems internationally, and if anything we are creating MORE problems.

Last edited:
Honestly, as much as I think Elizabeth Warren is a fraud in her own right, I'd vote for her over Hillary and Trump. I don't care too much that she flipped houses for a profit and throwing some shade on her nationality for a Harvard job tells me she's fit for the Presidency. At least she's not involved in lawsuits or on the verge of potentially being indicted for matters of national security. She certainly hasn't failed at her current position either and I don't believe she'd be terribly intrusive internationally either. I'm pretty sure she's post-menopausal too. :thinking:

She doesn't?
Her supporters don't think so either?
I seem to recall a certain lady endorsing Hillary informing women that those who don't vote for her deserve a special place in hell (or something similar) and Hillary seemed to be all into that.

3 decades of public service? Lol, looks like we'll be circling the wheel here again. Never mind all the negatives that she was a part of. She could not handle being Sec of State. She certainly does NOT deserve to be President.

I'll take my chances with someone who won't potentially infringe on my freedoms or potentially expose us to other nations because she doesn't understand the need to ensure sensitive information need to remain private and encrypted. Problem with Trump is that he's as much a liberal in his own right and we certainly don't need anymore cops out there thinking they are above the law. Plenty already do that as it is. Being a minority, that's just not a good thing.

You're a bigot. How about that? Yeah, it's apparently easy to call people names. Twist words around and call someone a mysoginist. Perfect. Hillary supporters aren't doing themselves any favors with all these name-calling tendencies and riots that are going on, that's for sure.

I'm pretty sure when someone calls someone a REAL man, they aren't talking about his masculinity but rather the quality of the person. "A REAL man would never abuse a woman...etc." I don't think I've ever heard anyone jump straight to a sexism discussion after talking about a "real" man. Funny.

This is no longer a vote for Conservativism or Liberalism. It's about nationalism vs. globalization. I wouldn't mind if the US minded their own business from time to time and let other nations figure **** out on their own. It's not like we're fixing problems internationally, and if anything we are creating MORE problems.
I used "man" in the sense of "dude", or "guy". Not "real man" or "pretend man" or something. I'm a male and i don't remember ever being involved in a discussion about misogyny, so I've never thrown around that kind of talk.

I don't like Hillary Clinton. She's opportunistic, and she's made all kinds of bad decisions. To some people, that may disqualify her. But you're very overtly making the claim that she's not qualified, she KNOWS that, but because she's a woman, she thinks everything else doesn't matter. That is at best stupid and uninformed. She clearly believes she has something to offer, whether she's right or wrong.

Dude your arguments and defense of them are not good. I'm open to anyone's opinion, and I often change my mind when convinced I'm wrong. But the stuff you put up is ridiculous. You seem to hear superficial claims by media or candidates and latch onto those claims and defend them post-hoc when you should just admit that the initial claim was wrong or uninformed.

I'm not gonna get into the Elizabeth Warren stuff. The attacks on her are so weak it's ridiculous.

"They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind." (Hosea 8:7)

Hate begets hate, violence begets violence. They knew it thousands of years ago. ;)
It's just getting started. Wait til Trump folks itching for a fight confront these violent anti-Trumpers. Things will probably get much worse. And do you think you-know-who will try to defuse the situation or take any responsibility?

"They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind." (Hosea 8:7)

Hate begets hate, violence begets violence. They knew it thousands of years ago. ;)
They don't know their enemy so they point fingers at one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.