This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocDoom

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I watched this week's "the good doctor" and saw how Melendez and Sean used VR to simulate surgery on a patient. This seems like a great way to practice one's skills and I was wondering if there are any VR softwares for dental students to practice what they learn in clinic after hours.
 
Can't help much but I remember going over a schools website and they were boasting about their new VR integration for a few procedures. I remember thinking huh...that's pretty cool. So yeah there is VR but I don't remember which school.
 
Can't help much but I remember going over a schools website and they were boasting about their new VR integration for a few procedures. I remember thinking huh...that's pretty cool. So yeah there is VR but I don't remember which school.

Wow cool! That's exciting to hear that it does exist and some schools are starting to integrate it as part of their curriculum. Thanks for sharing!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We kinda do it at our school in the first few weeks of instruction D1 year. You prep teeth (in real life) but there are cameras that evaluate the prep and rebuild your work in progress on a 3D render on a screen.

To be honest, it sounds better than it really is.