TheRealBaller06

2+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Should I wait to take genetics microbio and cell and molecular biology until after the DAT or take it the semester before.

AN4TOMY

2+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2015
Status
Dental Student
It wouldn't hurt to take it before. They'd all help a TON with everything having to do with DNA which I'm sure will come up on the DAT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Polkadotfan

5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
My genetics and cell biology class helped a ton. Could answer almost any genetics questions with ease!
So I would if you can but if you can't it just means some more studying later :)

OP
T

TheRealBaller06

2+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
My genetics and cell biology class helped a ton. Could answer almost any genetics questions with ease!
So I would if you can but if you can't it just means some more studying later :)
I still plan on studying hardcore for 8 weeks and taking a DAT class so does that influence anything on whether or not to take the class?

AN4TOMY

2+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I still plan on studying hardcore for 8 weeks and taking a DAT class so does that influence anything on whether or not to take the class?
Why not just take it then review and study more during your 8 weeks? Wouldn't you rather be overstudied than under/average?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Oct 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
If you have to take the courses anyways, might as well take it before the DAT. That being said, don't overload a semester with hard courses just to 'jam them in' and then end up with a bad GPA

OP
T

TheRealBaller06

2+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
If you have to take the courses anyways, might as well take it before the DAT. That being said, don't overload a semester with hard courses just to 'jam them in' and then end up with a bad GPA
Right that's exactly why I'm split on the decision. I have no idea what to do