Wait to take genetics microbio/cell and molec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fan2342

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I wait to take genetics microbio and cell and molecular biology until after the DAT or take it the semester before.
 
It wouldn't hurt to take it before. They'd all help a TON with everything having to do with DNA which I'm sure will come up on the DAT


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
My genetics and cell biology class helped a ton. Could answer almost any genetics questions with ease!
So I would if you can but if you can't it just means some more studying later 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My genetics and cell biology class helped a ton. Could answer almost any genetics questions with ease!
So I would if you can but if you can't it just means some more studying later 🙂
I still plan on studying hardcore for 8 weeks and taking a DAT class so does that influence anything on whether or not to take the class?
 
I still plan on studying hardcore for 8 weeks and taking a DAT class so does that influence anything on whether or not to take the class?

Why not just take it then review and study more during your 8 weeks? Wouldn't you rather be overstudied than under/average?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
If you have to take the courses anyways, might as well take it before the DAT. That being said, don't overload a semester with hard courses just to 'jam them in' and then end up with a bad GPA
 
If you have to take the courses anyways, might as well take it before the DAT. That being said, don't overload a semester with hard courses just to 'jam them in' and then end up with a bad GPA
Right that's exactly why I'm split on the decision. I have no idea what to do