Waiting for a response to my interviews in making me fat!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joh0472

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a nervous eater and have spent the last 5 months waiting to hear if I got an interview or if I am accepted to a school. If I don't hear something soon I am going to be beyond biggest loser's help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a nervous eater and have spent the last 5 months waiting to hear if I got an interview or if I am accepted to a school. If I don't hear something soon I am going to be beyond biggest loser's help.

yup! the wait is killing me too!!! hang in there!

If I don't hear something soon I am going to be beyond biggest loser's help.

Opposite for me. The more nervous I get, the less I eat. LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
After flying all over the place for my interviews, I can barely afford to eat. But if I didn't have to pay rent, I would be right there with you! Waiting to hear back has got to be the worst part of the application process.

I'm heading into my second half-gallon of dreyer's girl scout cookie thin mint ice cream. Only to be followed by their limited edition strawberry cheesecake flavor. If it wasn't for my faster than normal metabolism and the fact that I am constantly running around and on my feet all day at work, I would start to gain weight, too. I might have to hit the gym a little harder this summer. Thank goodness for the rowing machine and the elliptical (spl).

Good thing I'm too much of a cheapskate to become a nervous eater. :luck:

I'm heading into my second half-gallon of dreyer's girl scout cookie thin mint ice cream. Only to be followed by their limited edition strawberry cheesecake flavor. If it wasn't for my faster than normal metabolism and the fact that I am constantly running around and on my feet all day at work, I would start to gain weight, too. I might have to hit the gym a little harder this summer. Thank goodness for the rowing machine and the elliptical (spl).
Just reading about the ice cream makes me want to binge and until I am so full I can no longer feel anything but full. Drowned out that stress with choclatey deliciousness.

yup me too!!! thank god for the elliptical!

Better go and get on that P90x system.

Better go and get on that P90x system.
Alternatively, crossfit.com is about the same and is free. They post up a new workout everyday. I tried it for 6 months and think its great for overall fitness, but I actually lost size doing it so I went back to my bodybuilding routine. I do miss being able to crunch out 25 pullups with ease though. Endurance was great on that program.

Opposite for me. The more nervous I get, the less I eat. LOL
Same here. As some people gain weight, we loose it. So the average mass equals out. We are all good. Even though it'd be nice to find out if I'm a pear or an apple type! :- )

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. As some people gain weight, we loose it. So the average mass equals out. We are all good. Even though it'd be nice to find out if I'm a pear or an apple type! :- )

PEAR!!! :laugh:

it would be interesting to do a root mean squared for the change in weight for students awaiting decisions on graduate school, or professional school. I would bet it would be around 5% body weight change? Maybe 10%?

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm getting better again, but about two weekends ago was the worst... I had TWO banana splits in one day, then the following day my boyfriend took me to get one of those Twisters... because I've been a mess.. so, so bad ! :oops:

it would be interesting to do a root mean squared for the change in weight for students awaiting decisions on graduate school, or professional school. I would bet it would be around 5% body weight change? Maybe 10%?

σ = (X1-Xavg)^2 + (X2-Xavg)^2 ...
√ -------------------------------------------------
N-1

? Standard deviation? Damn it's been a really long time since I've done stats...

SO first we'd have to average weight change (Xbar), then calc our std. dev., then if we were going to use a confidence interval to find percentage +/- bias,

CI: T(predefined value based on sample size) * Standard Deviation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[SqRt] N

That'd be kind of cool. But there'd be all sorts of reporting problems (e.g., females underreporting, males overreporting, etc).

I gained 10 pounds over the course of the last year. I was 125 and now I'm 135ish. It does fluctuate +/- 2 lbs with that time of the month (water retention). :)

I need to get back to the gym. I don't like my stomach and last night I had a dream that my boss called me fat. Weird.

I gained 10 pounds over the course of the last year. I was 125 and now I'm 135ish. It does fluctuate +/- 2 lbs with that time of the month (water retention). :)

I need to get back to the gym. I don't like my stomach and last night I had a dream that my boss called me fat. Weird.

Girls are so silly.

My wife agonizes over every 1/3lb the scale reports she's gained or lost... meanwhile, I couldn't care less! Haha.

We get ready to go out, she needs to make sure all her colors match, eyeshadow is not in clash with her lipstick or blouse, etc.

It all seems like a major pain in the ass and it's sad you guys are conditioned to think you need to do it. =/

Girls are so silly.

My wife agonizes over every 1/3lb the scale reports she's gained or lost... meanwhile, I couldn't care less! Haha.

We get ready to go out, she needs to make sure all her colors match, eyeshadow is not in clash with her lipstick or blouse, etc.

It all seems like a major pain in the ass and it's sad you guys are conditioned to think you need to do it. =/

It is very sad. I only wear makeup when we are going somewhere special, though. Women are conditioned to believe that men and women are constantly "judging" us based on our attire and overall look. I am so frickin' glad I can wear scrubs at work, though. Agonizing over my look everyday just to make IVs and work in the chemo hood would be a major PIA.

Mine went down from 135 pounds to 125 pounds in the entire process of my applications..:mad:..

I am waiting for a dream to be accepted to a pharmacy school...:xf:...

stop showing off genius! I didn't understand anything you said. lol

σ = (X1-Xavg)^2 + (X2-Xavg)^2 ...
√ -------------------------------------------------
N-1

? Standard deviation? Damn it's been a really long time since I've done stats...

SO first we'd have to average weight change (Xbar), then calc our std. dev., then if we were going to use a confidence interval to find percentage +/- bias,

CI: T(predefined value based on sample size) * Standard Deviation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[SqRt] N

That'd be kind of cool. But there'd be all sorts of reporting problems (e.g., females underreporting, males overreporting, etc).

Girls are so silly.

I think it's sad if people truly beat themselves up over every little little thing, but I don't think it's a bad thing to want to look nice for each other. Some girls like doing their hair and makeup, picking out clothes to wear, etc. I like doing this when I'm going out sometimes... but my boyfriend will also say it is a pain in the ass if I take a long time. lol

It is very sad. I only wear makeup when we are going somewhere special, though. Women are conditioned to believe that men and women are constantly "judging" us based on our attire and overall look. I am so frickin' glad I can wear scrubs at work, though. Agonizing over my look everyday just to make IVs and work in the chemo hood would be a major PIA.

One BIG reason I sometimes wish I was working at an in-patient pharmacy sometimes rather than grocery store... I literally see at least 10 people I know every time I work and I feel like I need to look presentable in that pharmacy because the pharmacists wear ties, slacks, nice shoes, and the techs normally look decent too. When I volunteered in the hospital we could look like death as long as we were clean. LOL

I'm too lazy/indifferent/ to care about what people think about my appearance. If I'm on my own time, I usually wear sweatpants, a men's tshirt (they fit better) and a sweatshirt. If I am not required to dress up I don't give a ****. I'd rather be comfortable. The people on what not to wear would hate me lol It drives my family crazy but I really don't care. I also don't wear makeup but that's partly because I suck at applying it. I only sometimes wear undereye makeup (I get dark circles under my eyes because of my skin tone). All the women's magazines have all these articles about how to apply makeup and tell you to look feminine and attractive (mainly to attract men) but I honestly could care less. I obviously put effort into my look for my interview but that's different then me going to the supermarket to buy groceries or something.
I have good metabolism because the way I eat (I love carbs and junk food, don't like vegetables, whole what, fruit and am not particularily high on proteins) I should weigh like 200 pounds and be huge. I weigh 150 but fortunately my body does absorb it well so I don't look too bad.

To the OP - maybe you can try to eat something healthy or drink water when you want to start nervous eating. I know what it feels like - there are just times when I went chocolate/ice cream/freezee pops, etc. I like clementines, for example, so maybe you could eat a sweet fruit or something. Like maybe grapes, since they are small and you could munch on them. Or whatever kind of nuts are healthy.

That's cause you are still young and have that kind of perception but believe me that will show as weight gain a lot sooner with a slowing down of your metabolism. Not to be pessimistic but for 1hr you workout your body and push it to its limits, workout the heart and respiratory and feel a lot better about yourself and the body thanks you for that all the way.

Seriously! I'm getting fat too! Except that I've been having too many celebration lunches and dinners. :laugh:

The warm weather couldn't have come any sooner. I need to hit the park.

Alternatively, crossfit.com is about the same and is free. They post up a new workout everyday. I tried it for 6 months and think its great for overall fitness, but I actually lost size doing it so I went back to my bodybuilding routine. I do miss being able to crunch out 25 pullups with ease though. Endurance was great on that program.

I hear ya buddy. I just ended week 3 in P90x....I can already tell a difference. Kind of sad.

That's because we are. :laugh:

Completely joking of course. Actually, the look that I find to be most attractive on a woman is: 1) workout pants or yoga pants 2) tank top 3) hair in ponytail 4) no make-up. If she can pull this one off, she is a keeper.

That's cause you are still young and have that kind of perception but believe me that will show as weight gain a lot sooner with a slowing down of your metabolism. Not to be pessimistic but for 1hr you workout your body and push it to its limits, workout the heart and respiratory and feel a lot better about yourself and the body thanks you for that all the way.
I don't like exercising or working out. Not all of us think of exercise as fun or stress relief.

And about clothes- my grandmother keeps saying how I won't attract a man wearing sweatpants and tshirts (I can't even do tank tops- don' t like them) but I say I will be wearing sweatpants and tshirts so any man might as well get used to it lol

Switch to PJs - Something about a cute set of PJs (hearts, clouds), makes my heart melt!
Actually some of the old sweatpants I wore were technically pajamas. I didn't realize this until after I bought them- they just looked like normal sweatpants to me. I wore them out anyway :laugh:

I used to have candy heart pants...you know the ones with the Vday sayings on them? :)

My wife has ones similar to that.

I always loved 8 am classes when girls would come to class in their PJs.

I dunno, maybe I'm just weird, but I think that's very cute, and a very big "Hey, this is me, I'm happy with myself, so deal with it" statement.

My wife has ones similar to that.

I always loved 8 am classes when girls would come to class in their PJs.

I dunno, maybe I'm just weird, but I think that's very cute, and a very big "Hey, this is me, I'm happy with myself, so deal with it" statement.

Well it is certainly better than when they come in wearing daisy dukes and snow boots with layers of makeup caked on their face... *shudder*

Well it is certainly better than when they come in wearing daisy dukes and snow boots with layers of makeup caked on their face... *shudder*

Hey! I like that look lol. Not so much the makeup, but daisy duke shorts showing very nice legs...I just love it. :D

You say snow boots, I think hooker boots. Tomato Tomatoe, same thing. But the thing is, you're getting into specifics with 90 degrees. I have never seen a girl wear shorts and boots in 90 degree weather. Most girls will just put on flip flops at that weather, to me that's just as hot as hooker boots.

But daisy dukes and SNOW BOOTS? When it is 90 degrees outside?

We have girls wearing Uggs still when it's 90 here...

My pet peeve! and I don't have very many.

Or mini skirts with Uggs.

Why not just wear leggings or skinny jeans? That's not as bad.

I won't wear boots unless it's closing in on 40-50 degrees though.

We all need to freeze ourselves and get unfrozen when the letter arrives.:laugh: Kind of how Cartman did....

But really-I keep on trying to recall what I said during my interview and whether it was bad or good. I'm trying to analyze myself too much during the wait! UGH

You say snow boots, I think hooker boots. Tomato Tomatoe, same thing. But the thing is, you're getting into specifics with 90 degrees. I have never seen a girl wear shorts and boots in 90 degree weather. Most girls will just put on flip flops at that weather, to me that's just as hot as hooker boots.
But to me, hooker boots and snow boots (I assume you mean uggs) are completely different things. Snow boots are big and loose. Not to mention uggs are completely ugly. I wouldn't be caught dead in them (and I really dont care about fasion too much so that's saying something) but I have a pair of thinsulated boots that I got from dick's sporting goods that are great in the snow (I think they're made for hiking). Hooker boots are more form-fitting and have a heel. They show off your legs. If you like hooker boots, that's understandable. But uggs? Ewww.

uggs
13308.jpg

hooker boots
boots.JPG

Last edited:
My wife wore a skirt with Uggs once. I think she didn't realize what she was doing... I had to put the kaibosh onto that ASAP.

I think we have all worn something that our significant other utterly hated. My boyfriend probably doesn't even notice the specific outfit I wear from day to day, but every once and a while there will be something he can't stand! It's so funny because I have a list of about 3-4 of those things... Some of them are actually way to comfortable however, and I generally wear them if I feel like making him mad. LOL

TR510.jpg

Says these look like maternity dresses.

tbags2009512397_prod_zoom_front_v1_.jpg

Says this looks like what his grandma would wear to the beach. (I love these the most haha)

lohan-getty.jpg

Leggings as pants... nuff said. But I do it anyway because I'm lazy and I like to be comfortable. :laugh:

Since I'm from Phoenix where it doesn't snow, I am not familiar with the differences between snow boots and uggs. (Wtf? Who gave them that name anyway?). They all look like snow boots to me. the uggs with daisy dukes looks hooker-ish as does the mini skirt with knee high boots. In fact, tall boots heel or not when it is 90+ outside reads hookerish or plain crazy to me.

I HATE when other people wear leggings as pants. I don't think they would be comfortable - they are tight. I don't like people wearing them as pants because they are so tight and show off all of your legs/ass. Doesn't leave anything to the imagination. I would rather not know what everyone looks like. To me it looks kind of slutty if you don't wear a skirt or something over top of them (no offense tinkerbell)

Since I'm from Phoenix where it doesn't snow, I am not familiar with the differences between snow boots and uggs. (Wtf? Who gave them that name anyway?). They all look like snow boots to me. the uggs with daisy dukes looks hooker-ish as does the mini skirt with knee high boots. In fact, tall boots heel or not when it is 90+ outside reads hookerish or plain crazy to me.
They are called uggs because they are ugg-ly :laugh::laugh:
Uggs have a specific look. For some reason I think they are associated with the hippieish look now :confused:

"The 80's called...they want their leggings back"

Most women wore leggings just like in that picture in the 80's. I remember I wore mine (in additional to overalls, cool-lots (spl), jelly sandals, and other interesting attire) that had the little stirrups on them. Problem is that today's fashion just regurgitates specific things from previous decades. There is nothing original anymore. I am just waiting for men to wear tube socks up to their knees and short shorts again :rofl: