Waitlist for 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems like things are slowing down a bit :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lets just hope admissions are having a few lazy days.

Reactions: 2 users
They probably also have to wait for people who they offered admission to from a waitlist to accept or decline. Most schools give 24-48 hours I think to decide, so they have to know if the space is filled or not before they can call someone else if it’s declined.

does anyone know if upenn’s class is full already or not? i know a bunch of schools send emails that it’s full but i didn’t see anything on threads about penn!

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know if upenn’s class is full already or not? i know a bunch of schools send emails that it’s full but i didn’t see anything on threads about penn!

i honestly hope that it's not full yet D: for my sake

So I am very happy to have been offered a spot at UW Madison, but I am still on a waitlist for CSU. I would be so happy with either school; both are OOS for me. At what point do I stop waiting for CSU and move forward with roommate/housing for Wisco?? Any advice is appreciated!

So I am very happy to have been offered a spot at UW Madison, but I am still on a waitlist for CSU. I would be so happy with either school; both are OOS for me. At what point do I stop waiting for CSU and move forward with roommate/housing for Wisco?? Any advice is appreciated!
Congrats, now
4D6E38D5-9B8E-40F2-AF6F-8B93B5D624F6.gif

Reactions: 13 users
Seems like things are slowing down a bit :scared:

I contacted Cornell, and they said that the class is still a work in progress meaning not all hope is lost! They will be following up with alternates in the next few days so I guess we'll have more updates then...

Members don't see this ad :)
I contacted Cornell, and they said that the class is still a work in progress meaning not all hope is lost! They will be following up with alternates in the next few days so I guess we'll have more updates then...
Good luck!!! I hope to have you as a classmate (love kitton mittons :biglove:) but if not, congrats on CSU:soexcited: it's an amazing school and they'd be lucky to have you!!!!
Keep us updated!! *Fingers crossed!* :biglove:

Good luck!!! I hope to have you as a classmate (love kitton mittons :biglove:) but if not, congrats on CSU:soexcited: it's an amazing school and they'd be lucky to have you!!!!
Keep us updated!! *Fingers crossed!* :biglove:

Thank you so much! That means a lot :) I'm also glad to see there is another Always Sunny fan out there

Reactions: 1 users
For those on Auburn waitlist, I just emailed and got this response:

Thank you for your email. Do know that the class has been filled. However, I will update all individuals who are on the waiting list toward the end of the summer, as there can be (as has been the case in the past) be movement in the class throughout the summer. While this is not set in stone and there is no guarantee of this happening, I want to make sure that you know it is a possibility.

Update for Cornell and UW Madison:

Cornell's class is officially full, but they may have a few seats open up in the summer.

I was originally #174 on UW Madision's waitlist and now I am #77. So that list is moving along quite a bit! Not holding my breath for that one personally.

Looks like gap year #2 is a go for me.

Cornell's class is officially full, but they may have a few seats open up in the summer.

I was originally #174 on UW Madision's waitlist and now I am #77. So that list is moving along quite a bit! Not holding my breath for that one personally.

Sorry Johnnaboo :/ I hope things pull through for you this year, you never know.

Sorry Johnaboo :( keep your head up though!! You never know!!!

Sorry Johnnaboo :/ I hope things pull through for you this year, you never know.

Sorry Johnaboo :( keep your head up though!! You never know!!!
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It might be for the best so I can save up more money and get more experience. I'll be getting more veterinary experience this summer through my boss here at Cornell along with possibly authoring a paper or two. Just a little bummed today is all!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It might be for the best so I can save up more money and get more experience. I'll be getting more veterinary experience this summer through my boss here at Cornell along with possibly authoring a paper or two. Just a little bummed today is all!
tumblr_mjilqjA79j1rdtikio1_250.gif

Johnnaboo you are not alone, the mild depression setting in. At least 3rd time around, we will be pros at applying and interviewing-they will have to take us!

Reactions: 5 users
anyone else keep answering spam calls with LA area codes thinking they're from western? :rolleyes:

Aw I’m sorry jaboo :(
Can you do file reviews at the schools and see where they recommend improving?
Also you should apply to uiuc next cycle ;)

Sorry johnnaboo! Sending all my positive energy and good vibes your way!

I just got that email from Cornell too. I'm debating whether it's worth the anxiety of leaving myself on the Cornell waitlist for the summer or if I should just accept the spot that I have at Colorado. It felt like a relief honestly to finally get that email and know where I was going but then I read more closely and saw that spots sometimes open up... I just kind of want to move on and get housing sorted, etc.

That's a toughy picking a favorite moment, but it's definitely a 3-way tie of these :)

I love any scene from the show linking my two favorite things - Charlie and cats. :)

I just got an offer for a non-sponsor at CSU! Ahhhhhh. The only thing is CSU is my in-state school and I cant decide if I should accept or not. Of course, I would loveeee to go, but that is an extra 100,000.:oops: Anyone have advice?

I just got an offer for a non-sponsor at CSU! Ahhhhhh. The only thing is CSU is my in-state school and I cant decide if I should accept or not. Of course, I would loveeee to go, but that is an extra 100,000.:oops: Anyone have advice?

If you accept and an accepted sponsored person declines or can't attend for some reason, would they move you over to the sponsored position?

3534E025-B7EC-49BD-9E5A-CB2E6011C031.gif

Don’t put yourself in an extra HUNDRED THOUSAND dollars of debt if you don’t have to. Seriously.

If you accept and an accepted sponsored person declines or can't attend for some reason, would they move you over to the sponsored position?
Yes, if someone drops out then I could accept a sponsored spot. However, they don't release any rankings so I have no idea how many people would be ahead of me. I also do not know if that would apply for all 4 years or just until the drop deadline in August 1st year.

Yes, if someone drops out then I could accept a sponsored spot. However, they don't release any rankings so I have no idea how many people would be ahead of me. I also do not know if that would apply for all 4 years or just until the drop deadline in August 1st year.

If it's the only school you applied to, I would accept and hope for the best in terms of a sponsored position. There is a reason you wanted to apply only to CSU so try to see if those reasons outweigh reasons to not accept and try again. There is no guarantee you'll get accepted anywhere next cycle and if you don't, you might always regret losing two years to be in practice earlier. Applying and waiting for another cycle might not be worth the expense if you have a guaranteed, albeit not perfect, acceptance.

If it's the only school you applied to, I would accept and hope for the best in terms of a sponsored position. There is a reason you wanted to apply only to CSU so try to see if those reasons outweigh reasons to not accept and try again. There is no guarantee you'll get accepted anywhere next cycle and if you don't, you might always regret losing two years to be in practice earlier. Applying and waiting for another cycle might not be worth the expense if you have a guaranteed, albeit not perfect, acceptance.
That's very true, and I'm just thankful I was accepted at all. It is really the only career path I want to take and have been working on for years. CSU is my top school and I moved here so I could get residency. I just finished up a masters at CSU too and absolutely love the school/area. I'm leaning more towards taking the risk and hoping for the best. Thank you so much for your advice!!

That's very true, and I'm just thankful I was accepted at all. It is really the only career path I want to take and have been working on for years. CSU is my top school and I moved here so I could get residency. I just finished up a masters at CSU too and absolutely love the school/area. I'm leaning more towards taking the risk and hoping for the best. Thank you so much for your advice!!

Yes, congratulations, CSU is a great school! We may know each other actually haha. I've been at CSU for the last two years finishing a masters as well. :) I love the area as well. You're welcome!

Just got pulled off the CSU non-sponsored alternate waitlist yesterday...still in shock and keep reading the email because CSU was my shot-in-the-dark school and I never thought I would get in. However, I committed to my IS school (Michigan St) and am excited to attend there (and for the cheaper tuition). I hope my spot goes to someone who needs it!!! Good luck everyone.

Just got pulled off the CSU non-sponsored alternate waitlist yesterday...still in shock and keep reading the email because CSU was my shot-in-the-dark school and I never thought I would get in. However, I committed to my IS school (Michigan St) and am excited to attend there (and for the cheaper tuition). I hope my spot goes to someone who needs it!!! Good luck everyone.
Thnk u fr already goin 2 da cheeper skool
(Also congratulations on getting into both CSU and MSU!!!!!)

Are any of the waitlists still moving? I'm in the single digits on Michigan's OOS waitlist and am making myself crazy.

I'm posting this on here too.

Mmmkay so I may be hyperventilating. Had given up and planned to do a second gap year and apply for a third time.

Then yesterday a few people on here posted that UW's OOS waitlist is cruising along. I was #38 in the the last update email they sent out. Yesterday the people who were #15, #16, and #20 were offered spots and they all declined.

So in case fate has other plans for me, I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me more about UW's curriculum, environment, etc. I might pass out if I get offered a spot and plan to move to a place I know nothing about.

Also I looked at the price and it's terrifying. But if I get in, I'm going.

I wonder how WesternU choose the students from the pool if it's not ranked?
I feel like they have to have *some* sort of ranking system...like who has the time to go through each individual application on the waitlist every time a seat becomes available?:thinking:

Just called off of Purdue's waitlist!!!! Accepted my seat :cat::soexcited:

Reactions: 10 users
I feel like they have to have *some* sort of ranking system...like who has the time to go through each individual application on the waitlist every time a seat becomes available?:thinking:
From what I understand they kinda do. With the goal of ensuring that the class is diverse in background and area of interest, I think the next person called off the waitlist depends on the last person who declined their seat. For example let’s say a person interested in large animal medicine that grew up in a rural setting was offered a seat and declined. The next person called off of an unranked waitlist may be the next highest ranked applicant interested in large animal medicine. The waitlist is “unranked” because they can’t predict the demographics of the people who will decline their seat. I could be totally wrong but that’s what I’ve read in posts from previous years.

Reactions: 3 users