Waitlist for 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was ranked #12 OOS in the final update (4/11) for LSU's alternate list. I had asked Donnie how long we would have to make a decision if called off, as I never visited and although I had already committed to Penn, I wanted to leave no stone unturned so to speak (okay... really I think I just wanted an excuse to fly to New Orleans for a few days ;)). He said they would give 48 hour notice and that they wouldn't start calling additional people off until the 20th. I removed myself from the list because I knew I couldn't arrange plans to visit this week. Hope that helps and that you hear something soon!
thanks so much!! i hope so too haha and congrats on penn!

Members don't see this ad.

Received an offer (OOS) for UFCVM and accepted this morning! This also means I have pulled my name off the OOS waitlists at UGA, WSU Pullman, and Cornell. I've also declined acceptances to WSU Logan and Guelph OVC. Hope that helps somebody get in!

As an aside for anyone on the OOS WSU waitlist, when I spoke to them last, they said they do not anticipate offering anyone on the waitlist a spot at Pullman but that they are still trying to fill OOS at Logan.

Reactions: 11 users
I just accepted my OOS seat this morning. Goodluck to everyone still waiting too hear!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got pulled off of CSU’s waitlist today... after I accepted my offer to UW this past Friday. I don’t think I’ll be accepting CSU’s offer, but now I’m just wondering if I’m making the right choice by going to UW!

I just got pulled off UF's in state waitlist!!! YAY IM GOING TO BE A VET!! at my first choice school!!! Im so incredibly happy right now

Reactions: 27 users
I just got pulled off UF's in state waitlist!!! YAY IM GOING TO BE A VET!! at my first choice school!!! Im so incredibly happy right now
I’m so happy for you. I’ve been following your posts. Go gators!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got pulled off of CSU’s waitlist today... after I accepted my offer to UW this past Friday. I don’t think I’ll be accepting CSU’s offer, but now I’m just wondering if I’m making the right choice by going to UW!
You’re going to get a great education at whichever school you go to. Go for the cheaper one so you’re drowning in a smaller pool of debt at the end. Even if someone else is paying your tuition, go to the cheaper one.

Reactions: 6 users
I received an email early this afternoon from CSU saying my application portal had been updated. When I looked, it said I had been accepted off the OOS alternate list. Even though I already put my deposit down at Iowa State, I accepted my position at CSU as it is my first choice school. I will be letting Iowa know that I am giving up my seat there. I never received a phone call.

Just a note but the acceptance letter did mention that I have until 5pm EST on the 22nd to respond to them. That means they're giving people almost 6 days to make a decision. I was quick to respond but I can see how people would take their time and that might lead to a longer wait for those still on the alternate list. So be patient and try not to lose hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email early this afternoon from CSU saying my application portal had been updated. When I looked, it said I had been accepted off the OOS alternate list. Even though I already put my deposit down at Iowa State, I accepted my position at CSU as it is my first choice school. I will be letting Iowa know that I am giving up my seat there. I never received a phone call.

Just a note but the acceptance letter did mention that I have until 5pm EST on the 22nd to respond to them. That means they're giving people almost 6 days to make a decision. I was quick to respond but I can see how people would take their time and that might lead to a longer wait for those still on the alternate list. So be patient and try not to lose hope!

Woohoo!!! I'll probably be seeing you there in the fall :D

Reactions: 1 user
Just got called off Oregon State’s IS waitlist (#3)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Does anyone know how long UGA gives each alternate to accept or reject the offer?

Hey y'all, I'm officially freakin!! I'm on the K-State waitlist and this week is definitely stress level x50000. Someone come commiserate with me lmao

Reactions: 4 users
Ditto.
I just would like to know? What's going on? Please, schools? Tell me?

Reactions: 2 users
A 607 number popped up on my screen earlier and my heart rate shot up. Turns out it was a test of the Cornell campus emergency alert system (I'm a Cornell staff member).

:yeahright:

A 607 number popped up on my screen earlier and my heart rate shot up. Turns out it was a test of the Cornell campus emergency alert system (I'm a Cornell staff member).

:yeahright:
Every day that there's been potential phone calls I have gotten automated spam messages. I know UMN's area code so I knew it wasn't them but that didn't stop my adrenaline rush.

The waitlists I’m on are both unranked :( I wish they were so i’d know if I need to start making other plans or not, this is torture :arghh:

YUP. I'm on two waitlists and I'm (im)patiently waiting for that wonderufl phone call!
Also freaking out over here. I'm on four waitlists and I'm basically going crazy I check on this constantly to see if there's any movement and have my phone glued to my hip but it's fine I'm fine everything is fineeee

Also freaking out over here. I'm on four waitlists and I'm basically going crazy I check on this constantly to see if there's any movement and have my phone glued to my hip but it's fine I'm fine everything is fineeee
Sameeee, I jump at every email. (Also love your avatar picture....I have that as a tattoo on my foot haha)

Reactions: 1 users
Basically how I feel. Everything is fine. Totally fine. I just check my email, phone, APVMA facebook, and sdn about a hundred times a day.

Reactions: 5 users
Sameeee, I jump at every email. (Also love your avatar picture....I have that as a tattoo on my foot haha)
Thanks! I actually just got off the waitlist for LMU (received an email about ten minutes ago) and I AM CRYING like an idiot at work right now hahaha but oh my gosh what a relief !

I was called off of UPenn's waitlist Friday and accepted on Monday, and 24 hours later on Tuesday received an offer from Florida. I absolutely fell in love with Florida, but ultimately made the decision to turn them down because being closer to home at UPenn is important to me. I also withdrew from Illinois as I was originally accepted there but chose UPenn after getting off the waitlist. I hope this helps any OOS people for Illinois or Florida! I had one acceptance and was on 7 waitlists so I totally know the struggle! Good luck to everyone!

Is there anyone who has accepted a seat somewhere but is holding out hope on a waitlist spot? if yes where? I accepted a seat to St. Georges but am waiting to see if anything happens with LMU

Is there anyone who has accepted a seat somewhere but is holding out hope on a waitlist spot? if yes where? I accepted a seat to St. Georges but am waiting to see if anything happens with LMU
I accepted a seat at SGU but holding out for Western

Me! Accepted my spot at CSU but hoping for a call from Cornell. Honestly though, I am super grateful to be in a situation where I am headed to vet school in the fall regardless. Not everyone is in that same boat, and I feel super fortunate! Sending my positive energy and good vibes for all of you who are waiting to get that call with your first acceptance! It's an amazing feeling and so worth the wait in the end

Reactions: 6 users
Me! Accepted my spot at CSU but hoping for a call from Cornell. Honestly though, I am super grateful to be in a situation where I am headed to vet school in the fall regardless. Not everyone is in that same boat, and I feel super fortunate! Sending my positive energy and good vibes for all of you who are waiting to get that call with your first acceptance! It's an amazing feeling and so worth the wait in the end

I feel the same way !! congrats on CSU

Me! I accepted ross and am hoping for Iowa or to hear something from midwestern

So I'm on the wait-list for Florida and they were sending me emails every week up until April 10th telling me my app was still active. Haven't heard anything since then. Is that basically a no or do I still have a chance? This is my first time through the process so I don't know what to expect in that regard.

I accepted a seat to Ross, but am eagerly awaiting a response from Midwestern. Thankfully my Ross start is in January, so it definitely gives me plenty of time to hear from them; to plan the move itself (health certificate for me and my pets, notifying my employer, etc.)

I'm about to offer everyone $200 to relinquish their spot at UW Madison so I can be callllllled!!!

I'm confused about the whole "accepting a spot" situation. I thought if you accept a spot, that means you are officially committed to going to that school. What does accepting a spot actually mean if people are still waiting to hear from other places after having already picked a school? I guess I thought it was an official letter of intent but now I'm confused

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm confused about the whole "accepting a spot" situation. I thought if you accept a spot, that means you are officially committed to going to that school. What does accepting a spot actually mean if people are still waiting to hear from other places after having already picked a school? I guess I thought it was an official letter of intent but now I'm confused

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They can eat the deposit for the accepted school if they get called off to their dream school!

Reactions: 2 users