Waitlist Survivors c/o 2018!

Started by jwliu86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too guys! I'm suppose to start at Ross in May if I don't hear anything from my wait listed #1 choice. Do you think we will hear immediately on the 15th or 16th? Not too sure how soon we will know the numbers.
 
Well i made the top 51% of the iowa waitlist -_- lol they emailed our waitlist positions today.
Waiting to hear from one more school before making my decision.
 
Well i made the top 51% of the iowa waitlist -_- lol they emailed our waitlist positions today.
Waiting to hear from one more school before making my decision.
You did better than me lol. I'm spot 91 so I'm just considering them a lost cause. Good luck to you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aw. Well, at least you guys know where you're at! AVC won't release the positions on the wait list. I honestly don't see the benefit in keeping it secret. But oh well, nothing to do but wait!
 
You did better than me lol. I'm spot 91 so I'm just considering them a lost cause. Good luck to you!
Thanks, you too! yea I almost feel like anything higher than 30 is REALLLY stretching it. but I don't know, most schools over accept in addition to keeping waitlists, so its always hard to gauge where you are at in reality.... although who knows... they do have a really big class size....
Aw. Well, at least you guys know where you're at! AVC won't release the positions on the wait list. I honestly don't see the benefit in keeping it secret. But oh well, nothing to do but wait!
yea colorado does that. They don't release rankings. LAME.
 
Aw. Well, at least you guys know where you're at! AVC won't release the positions on the wait list. I honestly don't see the benefit in keeping it secret. But oh well, nothing to do but wait!
WSU doesn't even rank supposedly until they need someone. They try to fill the gap accurately according to who denied the position? So I am just floating in this little pond of people, just hoping lol
 
Thanks, you too! yea I almost feel like anything higher than 30 is REALLLY stretching it. but I don't know, most schools over accept in addition to keeping waitlists, so its always hard to gauge where you are at in reality.... although who knows... they do have a really big class size....

yea colorado does that. They don't release rankings. LAME.

Actually, Iowa State flies through their waitlist. It doesn't seem like they overaccept (or at least not as much) as other schools. If you look at a few other threads from previous years, they went to the mid 60s one year and the mid 70s-80s the other. So it's possible!
 
Do you guys think we will actually even hear stuff on the 15th? Wouldn't it be a few days after?
I haven't read last years thread for any schools but AVC but it looks like they were calling as early as the 11th. But, I think it will probably be a few days after for most.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out that my waitlist number for iowa state is #12. I'm starting to get anxious because I am waitlisted for two other schools, purdue (#?) and michigan (#30). Fingers crossed for movement in waitlists for all! :xf::xf:
 
I just found out that my waitlist number for iowa state is #12. I'm starting to get anxious because I am waitlisted for two other schools, purdue (#?) and michigan (#30). Fingers crossed for movement in waitlists for all! :xf::xf:

I wish I knew my number for anywhere! All I know is I'm in the top 50 for LSU...
 
I just found out that my waitlist number for iowa state is #12. I'm starting to get anxious because I am waitlisted for two other schools, purdue (#?) and michigan (#30). Fingers crossed for movement in waitlists for all! :xf::xf:
From the sound of it (previous posts on here^^^) you have a great chance of getting a call from Iowa! I'm so excited to watch this thread go crazy soon!!
 
I just found out that my waitlist number for iowa state is #12. I'm starting to get anxious because I am waitlisted for two other schools, purdue (#?) and michigan (#30). Fingers crossed for movement in waitlists for all! :xf::xf:

Just out of curiosity, which school is your first choice (assuming you got off the wait list at all 3)?? I'm also wait listed at Iowa State and Michigan State and can't decide which I would choose if I get off those lists. I'm leaning towards MSU but Iowa state is significantly cheaper!!!
 
Hey everyone - congrats to those who have been accepted to Iowa State!!!!!! I am looking for someone to rent a bedroom in my mobile home next to the vet school. Email me at [email protected] if you're looking for a place to live! Good luck to everyone!!!!
 
Just out of curiosity, which school is your first choice (assuming you got off the wait list at all 3)?? I'm also wait listed at Iowa State and Michigan State and can't decide which I would choose if I get off those lists. I'm leaning towards MSU but Iowa state is significantly cheaper!!!

From my point of view.....if it's significantly cheaper --- choose the cheaper one! You won't regret that later on haha!!!
 
Just out of curiosity, which school is your first choice (assuming you got off the wait list at all 3)?? I'm also wait listed at Iowa State and Michigan State and can't decide which I would choose if I get off those lists. I'm leaning towards MSU but Iowa state is significantly cheaper!!!
For me, I think that I will also choose which ever one is cheaper. I know that Iowa is less expensive and the cost of living out west is pretty low. My top choice though is Purdue because it is a program that I felt really fit me and they also have a low cost of living and tuition compared to Michigan.
 
For me, I think that I will also choose which ever one is cheaper. I know that Iowa is less expensive and the cost of living out west is pretty low. My top choice though is Purdue because it is a program that I felt really fit me and they also have a low cost of living and tuition compared to Michigan.
If I don't get a call off of my waitlist then I'll be going to Purdue! We could be classmates ^_^
 
Anybody else on here waiting to hear from OSU??? I never see any talk about OSU on wait-list forums or especially wait-list survivor forums. Hopefully the list moves a little more than it seems to have moved in the past
 
Anybody else on here waiting to hear from OSU??? I never see any talk about OSU on wait-list forums or especially wait-list survivor forums. Hopefully the list moves a little more than it seems to have moved in the past
I haven't heard anything yet... Just a waiting game!! lol I'm sure you will hear something relatively soon, because your pretty high up!! 👍👍
 
Anybody else on here waiting to hear from OSU??? I never see any talk about OSU on wait-list forums or especially wait-list survivor forums. Hopefully the list moves a little more than it seems to have moved in the past
I haven't heard much about them either. Same for WSU... I wish I knew more about the process!
 
Anybody else on here waiting to hear from OSU??? I never see any talk about OSU on wait-list forums or especially wait-list survivor forums. Hopefully the list moves a little more than it seems to have moved in the past
For out of state?

If I get called off the waitlist from either UF or Mizzou I'm going to decline my seat for OSU. Hope that helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For out of state?

If I get called off the waitlist from either UF or Mizzou I'm going to decline my seat for OSU. Hope that helps!
I'm IS unfortunately! I am towards the top but it is the only school I applied to so I'm super nervous! I love my job, and working in research but I'm ready to get started with my veterinary career!
 
I'm IS unfortunately! I am towards the top but it is the only school I applied to so I'm super nervous! I love my job, and working in research but I'm ready to get started with my veterinary career!
Good luck!!!


And omg people are starting to hear. I'm suddenly nauseous.
 
Last edited:
Congrats to those that have gotten off of waitlists! For me every day that gets closer to April 15th is starting to feel longer and longer....hopefully I will hear shortly after April 15th, I can't imagine how long those days are going to feel! Good luck everyone!
 
Iowa State has started to go through their wait list! I was #4 and just received an offer. Not sure if I will be accepting, as I am hoping to get into Michigan State!
 
Omg congrats to everyone who got good news this week!! I'm starting to get so nervous.. I can't believe people are already hearing back!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad