Waitlisted at USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrET

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just found out I am officially waitlisted at USC. Is this a waitlist that has a lot of movement and does anybody know rough numbers (waitlisted/accepted) from past years?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I just got waitlisted yesterday as well. I'd also like to know my chances if anyone has any info.

I interviewed in mid-Feb, but didn't get a letter...is this good or bad???

Members don't see this ad :)
DrET said:
So I just found out I am officially waitlisted at USC. Is this a waitlist that has a lot of movement and does anybody know rough numbers (waitlisted/accepted) from past years?

when did u guys interview?

+1 on waitlist, interviewed mid january

I interviewed back in October

received waitlist letter on 4/4, interviewed in November

october, got my waitlist monday

So, is there a waitlist-list, ie. You are number X on the list?

Did any of you have a handwritten note from Dr. Quinn on your waitlist letter?

I interviewed back in November and I have not heard back yet. I live in Southern California, anyone else in this position or did everyone get the waitlist letter by now.

CanuckRazorback said:

Did you, CanuckRazorback?? that must be a good thing, right? =)

CanuckRazorback said:

What did the handwritten note say??

Did anybody have a small circular sticker on the bottom of the reply envelope (bottom right corner)? Mine was yellow, I wonder if anybody got a different color and what that means.

my letter contained a twenty dollar bill, could it be signifigant or did that hot lady at the admin office just drop her lunch money into my lette on accident?

I interviewed in November and I haven't heard a thing! I called yesterday and they said "A decision hasn't been made yet on your file." Has anyone else interviewed a long time ago and not heard a thing?

pdcheung said:
I interviewed in November and I haven't heard a thing! I called yesterday and they said "A decision hasn't been made yet on your file." Has anyone else interviewed a long time ago and not heard a thing?

Interview 2/11...same response today

DrET said:
Did anybody have a small circular sticker on the bottom of the reply envelope (bottom right corner)? Mine was yellow, I wonder if anybody got a different color and what that means.

mine had that too! I was thinking, "hmm..maybe this is an indicator of how we're ranked. so when they're received, they'll know where to put us." haha, but then I thought, well, that whole system would be shot if students decided to fax in the form (instead of mailing it), or if it fell off in-transit. reading waaaay to into it. call me paranoid. :laugh:

Got the waitlist letter today. =/
Yes, it had a yellow sticker. No, I don't think it means much.

btw. I interviewed 2/18

Add one more....interviewed late March

The note from Dr. Quinn said to be patient, that she would talk to me soon. I emailed her and she said that the waitlist will begin to move in early June. I also had a yellow dot on the bottom right corner of my return envelope. I don't think it means a thing.