Waitlisted at USUHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how admissions determines the waitlist order? Is it the date that you are put on the waitlist that they use or is there some formula using GPA, MCAT, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

:rolleyes:
Slugbutton said:
Hello all! I just got the letter today saying that I too am in the waitlist game. :) (Don't worry Bohica-Figmo, Army not AF). I'm accepting the HPSP this weekend just in case. Let's hope that list moves fast! :luck:

Just been reading some of the posts and have a few comments (hopefully helpful).

1. Officially accepting a HSPS scholarship will disqualify you from USUHS. You have to pick one or the other. This is a little secret that some recruiters may not tell you. This does not mean that you can't apply for both concurrently. I had acceptances for both but once you've signed the dotted line for HPSP you can't take it back if your USUHS acceptance letter is delayed.

2. H/W vs. body fat%: The process usually is you get weighed...then you get taped. The story does not end there. Once accepted you go to your respective service basic course (OBC, OIS, COT) - one of the first fun activities is the weigh-in/ BF% (those not in standard) if your not with in standards when reporting to this command you run the risk of be sent home. The moral of the story - just stay within standards it will make life much easier in the end. Just keep in mind that if your not within standards prior to school starting you can easily be replaced with someone that is. I have not heard of that occuring but it would not surprise me. Some may fall threw the cracks but do you want to take that risk for yourself?

3. Active duty vs. civilian acceptances: It was once explained to me and I have to admit that I did not totally graps the concept. It appears that there are two seperate pools of applications those AD and Civilians. There are a good mixture of the two groups in the class. It seems that the AD compete against each other and civilians compete within their respective group. I am sure there is overlap in between the two too. But admissions have a lot of respect for prior-service individuals.

4. Waitlist: One of my classmates did not get off the wait list until late May/ Early june time frame. The key is to have all the DODMERB paperwork done and waivers in place.

Good luck to all and I hoped that helped

Just curious: does currently being on active duty carry any weight regarding wait list placement? It wouldn't seem right to make a 33 year old O-4 with 11 years on active duty go HPSP while some baby-faced 22 year old, fresh out of State U. with no military experience, goes to USUHS. That would be just wrong...ooh so wrong...

I'm not sure what you mean by this, nor why you'd have an advantage...although I guess it would suck to have to go from O-4 pay to a HPSP stipend.

rotatores
USUHS 2006

Members don't see this ad :)
rotatores said:
I'm not sure what you mean by this, nor why you'd have an advantage...although I guess it would suck to have to go from O-4 pay to a HPSP stipend.

rotatores
USUHS 2006

I would agree with him. I think someone who has already paid some dues to the service should get preferential admission, but that's just an opinion of course. I doubt it actually works like that.

BOHICA-FIGMO said:
Just curious: does currently being on active duty carry any weight regarding wait list placement? It wouldn't seem right to make a 33 year old O-4 with 11 years on active duty go HPSP while some baby-faced 22 year old, fresh out of State U. with no military experience, goes to USUHS. That would be just wrong...ooh so wrong...

Sorry, I had another thought after I'd submitted that last post. If you've already got 11 years in, then you go through USUHS for 4, residency for about 3, and then owe 7, you'd have 25 years in, at least 21 of which count for retirement, wouldn't you?

AubreyMaturin said:
Good info,
Out of curiosity, why did you decide not to join the Navy and go to USUHS?

I decided against USUHS because:

1. I got accepted to a medical school that I liked more.

2. I decided that I didn't want to be a career military doctor which is what USUHS sets you up to be. By the time I'd have finished USUHS, completed residency (in my case a minimum of 5 years), completed a GMO tour (which at the time was de rigeur for the navy), and fulfilled the service obligation, I would have been in my 40s...

3. I wasn't confident that the military would offer me the choices for residency/fellowship that I planned on completing.

MoosePilot said:
Sorry, I had another thought after I'd submitted that last post. If you've already got 11 years in, then you go through USUHS for 4, residency for about 3, and then owe 7, you'd have 25 years in, at least 21 of which count for retirement, wouldn't you?
Yep, then they supposedly tack the 4 USUHS years on the end after you make 20. Therefore, I could retire at 25 years once my commitment is up :thumbup: Or I could stay till 26 when the pay tables for O-5 and O-6 max out :thumbup: :thumbup:

OhioCraig said:
Does anyone know how admissions determines the waitlist order? Is it the date that you are put on the waitlist that they use or is there some formula using GPA, MCAT, etc.?

Any word on this question?

RYANSADS said:
Any word on this question?

I could not find the exact answer to this question on the USUHS website. You could try emailing the admissions office. It is probably a little bit of both. Most places more-or-less rank thier applicants, the top 150 get acceptances the rest get waitlisted according to rank. But USUHS is unique becase of branch waitlist, so I imagine that branch waitlist would be first-come-first-serrve. If no one else can answer this question, send them an email. If you still don't get an answer (it may take some time for them to respond), let me know and I will ask one of my contacts there.

AubreyMaturin said:
I could not find the exact answer to this question on the USUHS website. You could try emailing the admissions office. It is probably a little bit of both. Most places more-or-less rank thier applicants, the top 150 get acceptances the rest get waitlisted according to rank. But USUHS is unique becase of branch waitlist, so I imagine that branch waitlist would be first-come-first-serrve. If no one else can answer this question, send them an email. If you still don't get an answer (it may take some time for them to respond), let me know and I will ask one of my contacts there.

I'm a USUHS MSIV. I can tell you that there is not the emphasis on branch waitlist portrayed in this post. This really only applies for people who have a tie to a particular service, ROTC, current active duty, academy etc. They accept you based on merit, and offer you which branch is available. They will try to satisfy your branch preference if they can. But if you ranked army#3, and the Air Force and Navy are full, you will be offered an Army slot. Or you will be given the option of staying on the waitlist for your preferred service.

The exact waitlist mechanics are unknown to me, but I can tell you there is no definite formula. It is based on your entire application with no preference to prior service, MCATs etc. Of course, having prior service likely made you a strong candidate to begin with, but there are probably people in front and behind you on the waitlist who do not have prior service.

The main message is that if you are without any ties to one of the services your branch preference does not effect your acceptance only which service you are offered.

Hope that helped.

BlackFrancis(almost)MD

3. Active duty vs. civilian acceptances: It was once explained to me and I have to admit that I did not totally graps the concept. It appears that there are two seperate pools of applications those AD and Civilians. There are a good mixture of the two groups in the class. It seems that the AD compete against each other and civilians compete within their respective group. I am sure there is overlap in between the two too. But admissions have a lot of respect for prior-service individuals

This isn't actually the case...both prior service and civilians compete against each other...although...there appears to be an advantage to prior service.

Although prior service is a plus you've got to remember...prior service=less time to retirement AND the military pays you more when you graduate USUHS b/c of prior service pay/dependents...in addition you will make O4 faster. So being a civilian with no prior service is actually a benifit to the military pay wise.

rotatores
USUHS 2006

BlackFrancisMD said:
I'm a USUHS MSIV. I can tell you that there is not the emphasis on branch waitlist portrayed in this post. This really only applies for people who have a tie to a particular service, ROTC, current active duty, academy etc. They accept you based on merit, and offer you which branch is available. They will try to satisfy your branch preference if they can. But if you ranked army#3, and the Air Force and Navy are full, you will be offered an Army slot. Or you will be given the option of staying on the waitlist for your preferred service.

The exact waitlist mechanics are unknown to me, but I can tell you there is no definite formula. It is based on your entire application with no preference to prior service, MCATs etc. Of course, having prior service likely made you a strong candidate to begin with, but there are probably people in front and behind you on the waitlist who do not have prior service.

The main message is that if you are without any ties to one of the services your branch preference does not effect your acceptance only which service you are offered.

Hope that helped.

BlackFrancis(almost)MD

Just to clarify: since I have ties to the USAF (current AD), then I'm SOL for the other services? I would seriously consider taking an offer from the Navy for USUHS vs. USAF HPSP. Tough call, but I would consider it.

BOHICA-FIGMO said:
Just to clarify: since I have ties to the USAF (current AD), then I'm SOL for the other services? I would seriously consider taking an offer from the Navy for USUHS vs. USAF HPSP. Tough call, but I would consider it.

I thought if you were active duty you had to go into that service unless you arranged for a cross commission.

Members don't see this ad :)
MoosePilot said:
I thought if you were active duty you had to go into that service unless you arranged for a cross commission.

Depends on what your Letter of Authorization says.......

BOHICA-FIGMO said:

Unless you have made previous arrangements to switch services, you probably are SOL as far as Navy, Army at USUHS. This depends on your situation, but I'm sure you know better than me how difficult it is to switch services.

AF always fills first, but there is a lot of movement on that waitlist historically. Good luck.

BF(almost)MD

BlackFrancisMD said:

Then regarding my earlier post, things must have changed dramatically since I went through the admission cycle in '98-'99. At that time I was told by the adcom that there are separate waitlists for each branch. And that, at least initially, you will be considered for admission into the branch that you listed as your top choice. At that time I was on the navy waitlist, and was asked if I wished to be placed on the faster-moving army waitlist. I was a civilian then (and now), with no military ties.

Whether or not this dynamic has truly changed, I would think that to be on the safe side (assuming you have no true preference for branch) it would be best to place army as your #1 choice.

Furthermore, when I interviewed I was "advised" by students to go see Dr. Val Hemmings in his office sometime during the interview day and chat with him. And although this dynamic was not explicitly spelled out to me by Dr. Hemmings, he emphasized to me the importance of the preference list.

Best of luck, and congratulations on your impending graduation.

USUHS called me last week and told me I was off of the waitlist and to expect my acceptance packet soon. I was so happy I forgot to ask if my acceptance was for Army, Navy, or Airforce. The packet arrived today and it doesn't say, it is just a booklet with generic information about things like pay and housing. Does anyone know how long it will be before USUHS sends me more specific information?

OhioCraig said:
USUHS called me last week and told me I was off of the waitlist and to expect my acceptance packet soon. I was so happy I forgot to ask if my acceptance was for Army, Navy, or Airforce. The packet arrived today and it doesn't say, it is just a booklet with generic information about things like pay and housing. Does anyone know how long it will be before USUHS sends me more specific information?

I would call them and ask. They usually tell you during the call. Congratulations!

OhioCraig said:

Congrats on getting the acceptance. So they called you to let you know as opposed to sending you a letter? Interesting. Good luck this year. Hopefully my phone will be ringing shortly.

JOE

Congratulations! It's not surprising some calls went out since the deadline for medical clearance was April 15th. Still got my fingers crossed!

Thank you to everyone who congratulated me here. I hope we all get in. I think that the April 15th deadline for the physical bumped a few people who had acceptances. I suspect that many more applicants will be picked up off of the waitlist as May 15th approaches. I will definitely call USUHS tommorow to ask which service I was accepted for. Although I am a little embarrased that I didn't think to ask any questions when they called me the first time.

I was just told by the admit comm that a batch of unconditional acceptences goes out this week, I hope that some of you who are waitlisted recieve letters as well. The letters should arrive by the begining of next week. Does anyone know how long it takes to get your orders after the unconditional acceptance? Should I pester military personel to have them sent? Or are they pretty good about this? One poster said that he got his commission before his unconditional acceptance.

OhioCraig said:

Craig, I forgot to ask this earlier, but when did you interview, when did you get placed on the waitlist and did you rank the services or say you'd take an acceptance in any? Just a couple questions from an inquisitive mind.

JOE

jtriplet said:
Craig, I forgot to ask this earlier, but when did you interview, when did you get placed on the waitlist and did you rank the services or say you'd take an acceptance in any? Just a couple questions from an inquisitive mind.

JOE
JOE, I interviewed on February 10th, which I believe was the second to last interview day. I was put on the waitlist on March 18th. I put Army as my #1 choice. I called admissions and they told me that I was accepted for Army. Right now my acceptance is only conditional while I wait for the security clearance. I'm worried about the security clearance. I had a serious psychological reaction to taking an anti-malaria drug called mefloquine. The Army made everyone take mefloquine before heading to Iraq. The psychological problems went away as soon as I stopped taking it, but my behavior at the time got me a trip to see the wizard. I was totally honest about it on my security clearance questionaire. I just hope my honesty doesn't end up costing me my acceptance. I hope you hear good news soon Joe but keep in mind that most of the movement on the waitlist occurs around May 15th and you might not get accepted until after that date. I have a feeling that you will get in though considering your obvious enthusiasm for USUHS.
Craig

rotatores said:
Congrats

As long as you get qualified prior to the April 15th deadline you can still get in prior to classes beginning (Army has to make up OBC the following summer...Navy doesn't have to make up OIS)...but in my class I hadn't heard of anyone being accepted after June.

rotatores
USUHS 2006

btw...I have no idea how the waitlist moves...I had a friend waitlisted in January who never got an invite...she was a solid applicant.

Rotatores, what branch was your friend waitlisted for? And was it her only choice for branch?

JOE

Nixie said:

Just been reading some of the posts and have a few comments (hopefully helpful).

1. Officially accepting a HSPS scholarship will disqualify you from USUHS. You have to pick one or the other. This is a little secret that some recruiters may not tell you. This does not mean that you can't apply for both concurrently. I had acceptances for both but once you've signed the dotted line for HPSP you can't take it back if your USUHS acceptance letter is delayed.

2. H/W vs. body fat%: The process usually is you get weighed...then you get taped. The story does not end there. Once accepted you go to your respective service basic course (OBC, OIS, COT) - one of the first fun activities is the weigh-in/ BF% (those not in standard) if your not with in standards when reporting to this command you run the risk of be sent home. The moral of the story - just stay within standards it will make life much easier in the end. Just keep in mind that if your not within standards prior to school starting you can easily be replaced with someone that is. I have not heard of that occuring but it would not surprise me. Some may fall threw the cracks but do you want to take that risk for yourself?

3. Active duty vs. civilian acceptances: It was once explained to me and I have to admit that I did not totally graps the concept. It appears that there are two seperate pools of applications those AD and Civilians. There are a good mixture of the two groups in the class. It seems that the AD compete against each other and civilians compete within their respective group. I am sure there is overlap in between the two too. But admissions have a lot of respect for prior-service individuals.

4. Waitlist: One of my classmates did not get off the wait list until late May/ Early june time frame. The key is to have all the DODMERB paperwork done and waivers in place.

Good luck to all and I hoped that helped

Same question for you, Nixie. What branch was your friend?

JOE

Nixie said:

I've been thinking about this one lately. What are the deadlines? I don't want to get stuck giving up one option totally, but if I had to, I'd probably give up HPSP to avoid screwing up USUHS. It all depends on the deadlines....

Anyone have an idea?

MoosePilot said:
I've been thinking about this one lately. What are the deadlines? I don't want to get stuck giving up one option totally, but if I had to, I'd probably give up HPSP to avoid screwing up USUHS. It all depends on the deadlines....

Anyone have an idea?

Back during the 2002 application cycle, I was accepted to one program in Oct. I was subsequently waitlisted at USUHS in Dec. I was active duty, so when I was notified that I received the HPSP scholarship in April I was told that I had 2 weeks to decide whether I wanted to accept the scholarship and withdraw from USUHS or stay on the USUHS waitlist and give up the scholarship. I chose the sure thing, and before I, myself, withdrew from USUHS, the AFPC POC for HPSP sent me an email saying that I was already removed from waitlist status at USUHS.

Hope this was the info you wanted.

cdreed said:
Back during the 2002 application cycle, I was accepted to one program in Oct. I was subsequently waitlisted at USUHS in Dec. I was active duty, so when I was notified that I received the HPSP scholarship in April I was told that I had 2 weeks to decide whether I wanted to accept the scholarship and withdraw from USUHS or stay on the USUHS waitlist and give up the scholarship. I chose the sure thing, and before I, myself, withdrew from USUHS, the AFPC POC for HPSP sent me an email saying that I was already removed from waitlist status at USUHS.

Yes. So if I get accepted to HPSP, then I'll have two weeks. Yuck. That's exactly the situation I don't want. I hope USUHS moves faster than HPSP.

cdreed said:

Wow. How did HPSP notify you of the scholarship? Voice, e-mail, or letter? Maybe HPSP won't be under such tight deadlines this year since there were only 12 folks competeing for 14 AD slots.

BOHICA-FIGMO said:
Wow. How did HPSP notify you of the scholarship? Voice, e-mail, or letter? Maybe HPSP won't be under such tight deadlines this year since there were only 12 folks competeing for 14 AD slots.

Got my notification by snail mail. Of course, my squadron commander said that he knew I received the scholarship a week or two before I did but wasn't allowed to say anything until the official notification.

Good luck to you all. I hope that you get what you want.

By the way, I think that my situation may have been affected by the Iraq situation at that time. Hopefully, they will have relaxed the decision timeline for you at least until 15 May when the USUHS waitlist will show some movement.

MoosePilot said:

Anyone have an idea?

I think that the branch you choose will play a big role in this. AF is very competitive and may fill all of its spots more quickly. However, Navy is different. I don' tthink that the Navy fills all of its scholarships, so deadlines my be more flexible. Also, you can fill out all the paperwork and become "profesionaly reccomended", which means that everything is in place for HPSP, all you have to do is sign on the dotted line once you have decided.

In my case: I have been dragging my feet with my recruiter all year because I have been waiting for my unconditional acceptance from USUHS. Even this late in the game, the Navy is still trying to get me into an HPSP. Perhaps the AF and Army fill their sholarships by now, but I know that the Navy has not. So you could get all the administrative stuff out of the way for HPSP and wait until USUHS gives you the yay or nay.

I think that it is less a matter of deadlines and more a matter of supply and demand.

Hope to see you at USUHS

Bump.

Have any of you that have been waiting heard yet? I keep checking here hoping to hear that you got what you wanted.

AubreyMaturin said:
Even this late in the game, the Navy is still trying to get me into an HPSP. Perhaps the AF and Army fill their sholarships by now, but I know that the Navy has not.

I just got a call last week from the recruiter asking if I was still interested in the Navy HPSP, so the chances are good that they're not full up yet.

Well folks, it official. I got my letter of conditional acceptance for this years entering class today. I gotta say, I'm pretty pumped right now. Now there's so much to do.....OBC (yeah, by the way, it's an Army appointment), find a new residence, move across country, etc.

If anyone can please fill me in on how all this works, especially that short time b/w OBC and reporting to school, I woul really appreciate it (ie how does it work with orders, getting your stuff moved, are you still getting paid for those 2 weeks, and the rest of the minutia that I can't even comprehend at the moment.) Trying to figure out this stuff w/o any info is driving me batty.

I'm sure I'll be posting more very soon and often.

JOE

jtriplet said:
Well folks, it official. I got my letter of conditional acceptance for this years entering class today. I gotta say, I'm pretty pumped right now. Now there's so much to do.....OBC (yeah, by the way, it's an Army appointment), find a new residence, move across country, etc.

If anyone can please fill me in on how all this works, especially that short time b/w OBC and reporting to school, I woul really appreciate it (ie how does it work with orders, getting your stuff moved, are you still getting paid for those 2 weeks, and the rest of the minutia that I can't even comprehend at the moment.) Trying to figure out this stuff w/o any info is driving me batty.

JOE

I can't answer your questions, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

jtriplet said:

JOE

Congrats! I will being going through the same stuff this summer, so I don't have exact experience, but I can tell you what I know.

You'll be getting a package emailed to you from Ms. Louise Taylor ([email protected]) which you'll have to fill out. Make sure you have room in your inbox as it is large. When she receives notice of you unconditional acceptance, she'll cut you orders.

You'll have two sets of orders this summer, TDY for OBC and PCS for USUHS. Once you have PCS orders, call up your local transportation office (not necessarially army) and arrange a household goods (HHG) shipment. I would do this the day you receive your PCS orders, as the dates on the calendar fill up quick. The movers will pack up your stuff and ship to DC, where they will be stored until you are read for them (up to 6 months). There are limits by pay grade and dependants for how much you can ship, but I don't know them off the top of my head.

See you June 12th!

jtriplet said:

JOE
Joe,
Congratulations! I got my unconditional acceptance yesterday. See you at Fort Sam on June 12th.
-Craig

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I hope the waitlist keeps moving.

JOE

deegs said:
Congrats! I will being going through the same stuff this summer, so I don't have exact experience, but I can tell you what I know.

You'll be getting a package emailed to you from Ms. Louise Taylor ([email protected]) which you'll have to fill out. Make sure you have room in your inbox as it is large. When she receives notice of you unconditional acceptance, she'll cut you orders.

You'll have two sets of orders this summer, TDY for OBC and PCS for USUHS. Once you have PCS orders, call up your local transportation office (not necessarially army) and arrange a household goods (HHG) shipment. I would do this the day you receive your PCS orders, as the dates on the calendar fill up quick. The movers will pack up your stuff and ship to DC, where they will be stored until you are read for them (up to 6 months). There are limits by pay grade and dependants for how much you can ship, but I don't know them off the top of my head.

See you June 12th!

Deegs, have you received orders already? I am still waitiing for orders from Army HRC and Ms. Taylor requested them April 4th. I was told they are waiting on a fund site. How long between when Ms. Taylor told you she requested orders and when you actually received them?

mh5358 said:
Deegs, have you received orders already? I am still waitiing for orders from Army HRC and Ms. Taylor requested them April 4th. I was told they are waiting on a fund site. How long between when Ms. Taylor told you she requested orders and when you actually received them?

Hey I got the same info from Ms. Taylor. I guess I'm not the only one concerned that the May 15th deadline is near and we don't have orders yet. Hopefully they will come this week. Oh, and the website for the OBC in San Antonio is finally up and running. I'm thinking that it was the "fund site" that Ms. Taylor was talking about. Who knows... Anyway, see everyone June 12th!!! :eek:

BabyHuey said:
Hey I got the same info from Ms. Taylor. I guess I'm not the only one concerned that the May 15th deadline is near and we don't have orders yet. Hopefully they will come this week. Oh, and the website for the OBC in San Antonio is finally up and running. I'm thinking that it was the "fund site" that Ms. Taylor was talking about. Who knows... Anyway, see everyone June 12th!!! :eek:
A "fund cite" is a code that indicates where the money is coming from to pay for the expenses associated with your accession orders: travel, moving, meals, lodging, etc.; think of it like a bank routing number and account number. Ms. Taylor can cut the orders, but she has no control over the fund citation, and must wait for it to be issued to her by whomever's footing the bill for your accession travel with TDY-enroute.

jtriplet said:
Thanks for the congrats everyone. I hope the waitlist keeps moving.

JOE

See, I told you that you would get in. Congradulations!!! I look foward to meeting you next year.

Congrat's Joe!
I just gotta keep hoping that the waitlist keeps moving! I was also wondering if you reordered your priority list for the three branches? I know USUHS (regardless of what branch I may be offered) is my top choice and I want to do anything to maximize my chances of getting in off the waitlist. Thanks and congrats again!
Corey

Aubrey, cmossop - thanks for the congrats. It is a huge weight off my shoulders. Now I just have to wait for the unconditional and the orders.

By the way cmossop, I did indeed change my waitlist preference. I switched to Army about a week and a half before I was notified of my acceptance. When I spoke with Dr Macri about my decision to change, she said that it was a smart move and definitely helped my chances. So take it for what it's worth.

I'm hoping that that list keeps moving.

JOE

HEY CONGRATS everybody,

I had a question since I'm still here on the waiting list. I've been asking and calling often about my status on the waitlist. I was wondering if anybody was giving their chances... or ranking on the waiting list or anything of any sort?

freelancer said:
HEY CONGRATS everybody,

I had a question since I'm still here on the waiting list. I've been asking and calling often about my status on the waitlist. I was wondering if anybody was giving their chances... or ranking on the waiting list or anything of any sort?

I spoke with the office a number of times and I never was given any insight into where I was on the list or what my chances looked like. In fact, one of the ladies told me that from their end they couldn't even answer that info. Basically, they have the waitlist for each service in alphabetical order with no attention payed to actual position on the list, so they can't answer those questions. Hope this helps and that the list keeps moving.

JOE

deegs said:

See you June 12th!

I just got that email from Ms Taylor today. You weren't kidding that thing is frickin' huge. Anyway, how hard was it to fill out completely? I just looked at it briefly while at work and couldn't really get a sense for how long it would take me. I'm hoping I can get it done tonight and in the mail first thing in the morning.

Anyone else hear from USUHS? I'm really hoping that waitlist keeps moving for all those waiting to hear.

See all you Army folk June 12th!

JOE

I just want to congratulate all of you on your acceptance to USU! Especially those of you going Army! ;) You made the right choice--this is coming from a second year USU student. Please be encouraged, that I understand that is is frustrating waiting on orders and waiting on the "waitlist". I will also tell you that we have had people accepted in June (people drop out of training--NEVER give up hope), but especially now that the May 15th deadline has passed, a lot of slots open up. Many of my classmates were accepted off the "waitlist".
Also, unfortunately, the Army (military) moves slow and this beginning process of orders moves slow. For those whom this is first time, I can imagine how frustrating and nervewracking this must be, not knowing when you will get your order. Hang in there! You will get them. I got mine 5 days before I was supposed to leave (HIGHLY unusual) and I still made it to OBC. I would not be too worried about moving your goods--because at Ft. Sam, they will have this done for you. As long as you are either going back for them, or you have someone at home who can serve sign for them for you, you can do this all at Ft. Sam--it doesn't even need to be done before you go down! As far as housing, the hardest part is if you want a townhome/house because these go fast and they are expensive. You'll have time to find these. Let me know if you have any questions (Better reached by email--I don't wander on here to often).

ENJOY your summer---YOU MADE it. USUHS is an awesome school. I am prejudice in saying it, but I believe you cannot beat the education here. No other school gives you the opportunities that you will have here--enjoy San Antonio. Go down with a good attitude, and you will have a blast, and enjoy yourself and get paid to do it. Best of luck!

hey ya fellas,
I'll now be joining you guys soon!!! :) Soo I'll see you all in June and also when school starts!!!