#WaitListedAndProud2016_A Post-April 30th Saga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FOR REALS? I thought they were trying to screen out self-absorbed rich kids.
So did I...
He had ridiculous stats. I want to say his MCAT was 36? He got a 3.9 or some such thing in our ridiculously brutal program too. That being said, he's a gunner through and through. He shredded my notes once, and then after I started locking them up, he moved on to sending out study guides the night before tests that were full of incorrect information. I swear he must have spent more time gunning than he did studying...
This literally hurts me to read
I do feel somewhat sorry for him. He applied to med school but his numbers are too low to ever be accepted, barring several years of dramatic improvement. The amount of things he's wasted money on...it's like buying things is the only thing that makes him happy. What I truly can't wrap my mind around is the concept of money being so worthless to someone that they don't even bother to open their paychecks. That's true madness.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sounds like maybe there was more to it... some deep seated psychological issues going on

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I can''t believe I am saying this but I just got the call ~20 hours before orientation starts! So excited but equally scared. So many emotions right now. Also, no acceptances before this one.
Congrats! Woo! Woo!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can''t believe I am saying this but I just got the call ~20 hours before orientation starts! So excited but equally scared. So many emotions right now. Also, no acceptances before this one.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright y'all it's Friday.

This week we had good news come for @donutgoon (I hope you made it to orientation on time after having so little notice. Though this doesn't seem like an efficient way to walk ) and @datingdoc. Who will it be next week? My personal vote is for @Spector1 , but if any of you get in, I'll drink to you. And also to my sorrows. But mostly to you.

Reactions: 7 users

This week we had good news come for @donutgoon (I hope you made it to orientation on time after having so little notice. Though this doesn't seem like an efficient way to walk ) and @datingdoc. Who will it be next week? My personal vote is for @Spector1 , but if any of you get in, I'll drink to you. And also to my sorrows. But mostly to you.

Lmao I completely forgot about that video. I haven't seen that since high school.

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks XD hopefully next week will be good for you too!

My vote is for you. Tulane why won't you let @splishsplash2305 in? If nothing else, he'll bring some humor and a positive attitude. Hopefully he'll leave his music video preferences at home though....

Reactions: 5 users
Tomorrow's Monday! ^.^

12583-Willem-Dafoe-s-Creepy-Smile..gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad to see other people haven't lost hope despite how late it is in the game. Come on Monday!!!
It always helps when you see someone like @donutgoon get accepted right at the last second. The game isn't over yet. Hell, we've still got 2 weeks. I know most of the movement has slowed to a crawl by this point, but @gyngyn said UCLA was poaching people last week. It's not over until it's over.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you hack my webcam? How did you get that video of me compulsively checking my email, then sdn, then my email again?

I always marvel at Ye Who Refresh Thine Email -- I see it posted on SDN all of the time, from so many people. Who still productively exists in the modern world without syncing their phone with their email account?

'Ping'
"Oop! There's an email!"

I always marvel at Ye Who Refresh Thine Email -- I see it posted on SDN all of the time, from so many people. Who still productively exists in the modern world without syncing their phone with their email account?

'Ping'
"Oop! There's an email!"
Mine is fully synced. Unfortunately I have no service at work because I work in what is essentially a giant block of granite, so I check it every hour or so. Plus that's about how often I take a break anyway. Come to think of it, I don't really do very much work throughout the day....

Just got the top 5 email from my #1 choice DO school. Praying hard someone gets into their supreme top choice and gives me their seat lol!

Sent from my HTC One using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the top 5 email from my #1 choice DO school. Praying hard someone gets into their supreme top choice and gives me their seat lol!

:oops: When does school start?

Are you on any other wait lists?

I'm rooting for you!

:oops: When does school start?

Are you on any other wait lists?

I'm rooting for you!
Orientation starts August 1st . I'm also on two other WLs, one also starts the 1st, the other the 11th.

But the good news is this school does offer seats in next year's class if the WL doesn't move enough. I'm hoping being in the top 5 means I'm at least going to be considered for 2021, I'm 100% over the application process lol.

Reactions: 3 users

I'm praying hard for GT's wait list to move and/or IIs for this cycle.
But kind of scared I won't get either.... *sigh - more waiting*

Orientation starts August 1st . I'm also on two other WLs, one also starts the 1st, the other the 11th.

But the good news is this school does offer seats in next year's class if the WL doesn't move enough. I'm hoping being in the top 5 means I'm at least going to be considered for 2021, I'm 100% over the application process lol.

What?!?!? That's incredible! I wish that was a universal thing because it would be a game changer

UCLA is still moving, as of this afternoon!

Reactions: 4 users
UCLA just had another acceptance this afternoon. That's 3 now in the past week. UCLA is proving to be a very good waitlist to be on! Not sure if there will be a ripple effect depending on if they took someone holding an acceptance somewhere else.

UCLA just had another acceptance this afternoon. That's 3 now in the past week. UCLA is proving to be a very good waitlist to be on! Not sure if there will be a ripple effect depending on if they took someone holding an acceptance somewhere else.
I wish I got an interview at ucla.....

Reactions: 8 users
Good luck to whomever is on UCLA's wait list! I emailed Tufts yesterday saying I'm still interested and if the class was full. Received a response saying there has yet to be any wait list movement. All my positive vibes your way, guys and gals!

Plz
Wfo8M4g.jpg

I just got off the NYU waitlist recently, I almost hit the withdraw button the day before to take control back into my own hands!

Good luck all!

Reactions: 21 users
I just got off the NYU waitlist recently, I almost hit the withdraw button the day before to take control back into my own hands!

Good luck all!
Congrats!! I needed that good news. Slightly more hopeful for the last two weeks.

Congrats!! I needed that good news. Slightly more hopeful for the last two weeks.

Definitely! I thought news of any WL movement whatsoever might provide some hope and sanity for all you guys. Been following this thread a little, good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Definitely! I thought news of any WL movement whatsoever might provide some hope and sanity for all you guys. Been following this thread a little, good luck!
you didn't perhaps happen to release a seat at tulane or buffalo did you?
images

Reactions: 9 users
Finally got the axe to my one and only WL school. :(

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

sorry to hear that, did they send you a rejection or did orientation start already?

I was there last week. The feeling sucks, but I'm really glad I'm not in waiting flux anymore because that was undoubtedly the most stressed out I've been in my entire life. I've finally been able to take my mind away from waiting and started working towards reapp and I have to say it's been way better on this side. Get a good night's rest and then get to work tomorrow! When you're 65 and your colleagues are 63-64 it won't make a difference, so think of the next year or two as a stepping stone towards bigger and better things :)

Albany moved yesterday as well, crew. So, there's still some shifting to be had.

EDIT: I also see that NEOMED pulled about 6 in last week and anticipate a similar amount in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Wishing my WL school would see my new MCAT and jump me to the top of the WL :arghh:

Albany moved yesterday as well, crew. So, there's still some shifting to be had.

EDIT: I also see that NEOMED pulled about 6 in last week and anticipate a similar amount in the coming weeks.

pls poach from buffalo

Wishing my WL school would see my new MCAT and jump me to the top of the WL :arghh:

I think that any support you can provide that strengthens your file is totally legitimate. My adcom wanted to see RECENT academic accomplishments, so I updated them on grades throughout this year and sent them a letter of rec from a professor, vouching for said success, on Friday. Sometimes those Hail Mary passes work...................I've heard. I'm still not accepted.

Thank you everyone! I will surely update them :)

i'm very sorry to hear that :( i hope you reapply, i have faith that it'll work out for you in the end :)

I can now stop obsessively checking this thread. I've checked it almost daily from inception.
Banana got in, whatsupdr got in, chocolate got in, xxthatdog got in, cmo. I am sad that angelyka, bisonbison, takeonme, splishsplash, madscientist, aki, mastiffs and beachblondie (did I miss someone) haven't yet got in but am confident that you will.

And I just want to remind bananafish that I knew you were going to get in. Wish I'd bet you money.

Reactions: 11 users
I can now stop obsessively checking this thread. I've checked it almost daily from inception.
Banana got in, whatsupdr got in, chocolate got in, xxthatdog got in, cmo. I am sad that angelyka, bisonbison, takeonme, splishsplash, madscientist, aki, mastiffs and beachblondie (did I miss someone) haven't yet got in but am confident that you will.

And I just want to remind bananafish that I knew you were going to get in. Wish I'd bet you money.
Someone remembers me! are you on the Tulane admissions committee by chance?

Reactions: 2 users