#WaitListedAndProud2016_A Post-April 30th Saga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FOR REALS? I thought they were trying to screen out self-absorbed rich kids.
So did I...
He had ridiculous stats. I want to say his MCAT was 36? He got a 3.9 or some such thing in our ridiculously brutal program too. That being said, he's a gunner through and through. He shredded my notes once, and then after I started locking them up, he moved on to sending out study guides the night before tests that were full of incorrect information. I swear he must have spent more time gunning than he did studying...
This literally hurts me to read
I do feel somewhat sorry for him. He applied to med school but his numbers are too low to ever be accepted, barring several years of dramatic improvement. The amount of things he's wasted money on...it's like buying things is the only thing that makes him happy. What I truly can't wrap my mind around is the concept of money being so worthless to someone that they don't even bother to open their paychecks. That's true madness.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sounds like maybe there was more to it... some deep seated psychological issues going on
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright y'all it's Friday.

This week we had good news come for @donutgoon (I hope you made it to orientation on time after having so little notice. Though this doesn't seem like an efficient way to walk ) and @datingdoc. Who will it be next week? My personal vote is for @Spector1 , but if any of you get in, I'll drink to you. And also to my sorrows. But mostly to you.

Lmao I completely forgot about that video. I haven't seen that since high school.
 
Alright y'all it's Friday.

This week we had good news come for @donutgoon (I hope you made it to orientation on time after having so little notice. Though this doesn't seem like an efficient way to walk ) and @datingdoc. Who will it be next week? My personal vote is for @Spector1 , but if any of you get in, I'll drink to you. And also to my sorrows. But mostly to you.

Thanks XD hopefully next week will be good for you too!
 
Alright y'all it's Friday.

This week we had good news come for @donutgoon (I hope you made it to orientation on time after having so little notice. Though this doesn't seem like an efficient way to walk ) and @datingdoc. Who will it be next week? My personal vote is for @Spector1 , but if any of you get in, I'll drink to you. And also to my sorrows. But mostly to you.

My vote is for you. Tulane why won't you let @splishsplash2305 in? If nothing else, he'll bring some humor and a positive attitude. Hopefully he'll leave his music video preferences at home though....
 
Tomorrow's Monday! ^.^

12583-Willem-Dafoe-s-Creepy-Smile..gif
 
I'm glad to see other people haven't lost hope despite how late it is in the game. Come on Monday!!!
It always helps when you see someone like @donutgoon get accepted right at the last second. The game isn't over yet. Hell, we've still got 2 weeks. I know most of the movement has slowed to a crawl by this point, but @gyngyn said UCLA was poaching people last week. It's not over until it's over.
 
Did you hack my webcam? How did you get that video of me compulsively checking my email, then sdn, then my email again?

I always marvel at Ye Who Refresh Thine Email -- I see it posted on SDN all of the time, from so many people. Who still productively exists in the modern world without syncing their phone with their email account?

'Ping'
"Oop! There's an email!"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I always marvel at Ye Who Refresh Thine Email -- I see it posted on SDN all of the time, from so many people. Who still productively exists in the modern world without syncing their phone with their email account?

'Ping'
"Oop! There's an email!"
Mine is fully synced. Unfortunately I have no service at work because I work in what is essentially a giant block of granite, so I check it every hour or so. Plus that's about how often I take a break anyway. Come to think of it, I don't really do very much work throughout the day....
 
😳 When does school start?

Are you on any other wait lists?

I'm rooting for you!
Orientation starts August 1st [emoji32]. I'm also on two other WLs, one also starts the 1st, the other the 11th.

But the good news is this school does offer seats in next year's class if the WL doesn't move enough. I'm hoping being in the top 5 means I'm at least going to be considered for 2021, I'm 100% over the application process lol.

Sent from my HTC One using SDN mobile
 
Orientation starts August 1st [emoji32]. I'm also on two other WLs, one also starts the 1st, the other the 11th.

But the good news is this school does offer seats in next year's class if the WL doesn't move enough. I'm hoping being in the top 5 means I'm at least going to be considered for 2021, I'm 100% over the application process lol.

Sent from my HTC One using SDN mobile

What?!?!? That's incredible! I wish that was a universal thing because it would be a game changer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally got the axe to my one and only WL school. 🙁

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I was there last week. The feeling sucks, but I'm really glad I'm not in waiting flux anymore because that was undoubtedly the most stressed out I've been in my entire life. I've finally been able to take my mind away from waiting and started working towards reapp and I have to say it's been way better on this side. Get a good night's rest and then get to work tomorrow! When you're 65 and your colleagues are 63-64 it won't make a difference, so think of the next year or two as a stepping stone towards bigger and better things 🙂
 
Wishing my WL school would see my new MCAT and jump me to the top of the WL :arghh:

I think that any support you can provide that strengthens your file is totally legitimate. My adcom wanted to see RECENT academic accomplishments, so I updated them on grades throughout this year and sent them a letter of rec from a professor, vouching for said success, on Friday. Sometimes those Hail Mary passes work...................I've heard. I'm still not accepted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can now stop obsessively checking this thread. I've checked it almost daily from inception.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Banana got in, whatsupdr got in, chocolate got in, xxthatdog got in, cmo. I am sad that angelyka, bisonbison, takeonme, splishsplash, madscientist, aki, mastiffs and beachblondie (did I miss someone) haven't yet got in but am confident that you will.

And I just want to remind bananafish that I knew you were going to get in. Wish I'd bet you money.
 
I can now stop obsessively checking this thread. I've checked it almost daily from inception.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Banana got in, whatsupdr got in, chocolate got in, xxthatdog got in, cmo. I am sad that angelyka, bisonbison, takeonme, splishsplash, madscientist, aki, mastiffs and beachblondie (did I miss someone) haven't yet got in but am confident that you will.

And I just want to remind bananafish that I knew you were going to get in. Wish I'd bet you money.
Someone remembers me! [emoji1] are you on the Tulane admissions committee by chance?