Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cocoabutter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

Is there anyone out there that attends Wake Forest? I am scheduled for an interview on the 24th, and I need some travel info. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

what kind of info do you need?

well, i am flying into GSO the day before my interview. i have heard that there is a shuttle that will take me to area hotels. i have a list of hotels close to the campus, but i want to stay as close as possible (for as cheap as possible) because i will be walking or taking a taxi. i would appreciate any input.

also, how do you like wake forest?

Members don't see this ad :)
There have been a few threads that went into more detail on this in the past few months. do a search since august or so on Wake Forest and you should find a bunch of info.

In terms of walkable distances, there aren't a whole lot of hotels. I think the Days Inn (I think it's a Days Inn) on Miller St. is closest, and is walkable, but might be a tad chilly. The Hawthorne Inn is more downtown but I know has a shuttle running to the hospital b/c that's where frequently family members are put up and it has an affiliation with the medical school. Whenever you call any of the local hotels, mention you are a medical student interviewee b/c they might have special rates.

As for the school, I love it but unfortunately don't have a bunch of time to go into detail. I've written a few things in the past about it so take a look at my old posts and others. If you have questions about specific hotels or anything else a bit more specific, let me know.

thanks, i'll do that.