WAMC 3.3 cGPA/ 3.6 sGPA 508 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronicShine

Reaction score
3.3 cGPA 3.6 sGPA
The grades that brought down my GPA were made during my first 11/2 of college when I was 16-17. Since then, I have only had A's and B's.
I am applying as a disadvantaged student from a small rural town in Missouri. I am applying as disadvantaged because I have had extenuating circumstances that prevented me from giving my full attention to academics. Long story short, I grew up in an underemployed, single parent household, I was then left at a poor family member's house. Since the age of 16, I have both attended full-time college and worked a full-time job. I help the family I was left at pay for bills and to buy the necessities. In addition, I also assist my mother and siblings by paying for the things that they need. The fact that I have to work so much has negatively affected my ability to focus on classes, which is a factor in my subpar GPA.
508 MCAT: 126 chem/physics, 128 biology, 128 cars, 126 psych (Should I retake? Most of my fl practice tests were 510-513. I think I got nervous for the mcat. The power went out while I was taking the official MCAT too during the chemistry section)
Healthcare work hours: 1500+
Non-Healthcare work hours: 700+
Clinical volunteer hours: 300
Non-Clinical volunteer hours: 150 (At an organization that helps families of low socioeconomic status)
Research projects: 5 (2 are published and I am the primary researcher on one of them)
Shadowing Hours: 100 (Orthopedic surgeon, family medicine, internal medicine, and pathology)
I took a gap year to take more classes and to work more. I have taken all of the prerequisites and I have even taken the recommended courses.
I was the vice president of the environmental society at my College and I was an active member of the Wildlife society. Additionally, I was on my County's Red Cross Advisory board. I want to work in areas that do not have access to healthcare. Eventually, I would like to join organizations like Doctors without borders.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Your Missouri state public schools:
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
NOVA MD
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
If you are applying this year you need to submit your application in the next week and all your secondaries by September.
You should also apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
CCOM
MU-COM
BCOM
UIWSOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Your Missouri state public schools:
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
NOVA MD
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
If you are applying this year you need to submit your application in the next week and all your secondaries by September.
You should also apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
CCOM
MU-COM
BCOM
UIWSOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM
Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP: How did you do?
A lot of my stats and background are similar and so I am curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.