DO WAMC 3.456 gpa; 3.153 sgpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

venuskiwi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a CT Resident
3.45 cGPA (2.83, 3.72, 3.51 ~took orgo this year)
3.153 sGPA (2.58, 3.46, 3.26 ~took orgo this year)
507 MCAT - 125/126/126/130

ECs:
~150 hours at rural free health clinic
~30 hours shadowing (half DO family doc, half MD anesthesiologist)
~300 hours as Safe Rides driver, captain, and then head captain at my school (free rides on Fri and Sat nights for drunk college kids)
~150 hours helping refugee family near my hometown
~Member of martial arts club at school

I'd definitely prefer to apply this year, but I know I'm likely looking at a gap year. But for this year, which schools should I apply? Really figure only DO.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
UNECOM
NYITCOM (both schools)
Touro-NY
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ACOM
UIWSOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
ARCOM
You are fine to apply this month and should receive several interviews.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
UNECOM
NYITCOM (both schools)
Touro-NY
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
ACOM
UIWSOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
ARCOM
You are fine to apply this month and should receive several interviews.
@Faha thank you so much!
@Goro, Oh Goro the wise, your thoughts?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro, sorry for the bump, do you agree that I've got a shot this round, or should I consider an SMP/Post-Bacc?

Hey @Goro,

So far I've gotten one interview (LECOM) and am still waiting to hear from that. Senior year is going well grade-wise, but...
I got accepted to KCU's SMP. If I end this year pretty well (I could get my SGPA up to 3.25-3.3) and increase my MCAT to 510 or so do you think I could apply this summer and get schools my SMP grades from first semester and have that help me?

Hey @Goro,

So far I've gotten one interview (LECOM) and am still waiting to hear from that. Senior year is going well grade-wise, but...
I got accepted to KCU's SMP. If I end this year pretty well (I could get my SGPA up to 3.25-3.3) and increase my MCAT to 510 or so do you think I could apply this summer and get schools my SMP grades from first semester and have that help me?
if you get shut out this cycle, do the special master's program and then apply once you are finished with it,. And of course don't forget to Ace the program as well

If you don’t get accepted this cycle, do the SMP and then apply when you complete it. There would be no point in applying without the grades from the SMP. Good luck and here’s hoping you get that A this cycle.

Last edited: