johnhelldiver501
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y’all, I would appreciate any input on my school list; I’ve put together a fairly broad list of schools I think. I know some of these schools are not OOS friendly but I just figured why not.
WAMC
(At time of submission)
1. GPA: 3.82
2. MCAT: 511 (127/128/128/128)
3. NC resident
4. Asian male
5. Undergrad: state school
6. 460 clinical hours as a CNA
7. 500 research hours, 1 publication currently in processing
8. 150 hours volunteering at a food pantry
9. 60 hours inventory coordinator at food pantry (I eventually got a job where I volunteered at)
10. 100 tutoring hours, 60 TA hours
11. 400 leadership hours, co-founded a prehealth organization at my university to improve access to information and opportunities for lower SES students (the school I went to has a considerable low SES demographic)
Other impactful experiences: wrote about how my mother worked night shifts as a RN to support a family of 8 people when I was younger (multigenerational household) and my experiences with getting diagnosed with Crohn’s disease during COVID.
Any thoughts on the list? Thanks in advance!
School list
MD:
UMass
SUNY Downstate
VCU
EVMS
UVermont
NYMC
Lewis Katz
UNC
Quinnipiac
West Virginia
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland
ECU
Wake
Albany
Thomas Belmont
Medical College Wisconsin
Penn state
Wright state
DO:
MSUCOM
ROWAN
DUQCOM
CUSOM
PCOM
WVCOM
NYITCOM
VCOM Carolinas
WAMC
(At time of submission)
1. GPA: 3.82
2. MCAT: 511 (127/128/128/128)
3. NC resident
4. Asian male
5. Undergrad: state school
6. 460 clinical hours as a CNA
7. 500 research hours, 1 publication currently in processing
8. 150 hours volunteering at a food pantry
9. 60 hours inventory coordinator at food pantry (I eventually got a job where I volunteered at)
10. 100 tutoring hours, 60 TA hours
11. 400 leadership hours, co-founded a prehealth organization at my university to improve access to information and opportunities for lower SES students (the school I went to has a considerable low SES demographic)
Other impactful experiences: wrote about how my mother worked night shifts as a RN to support a family of 8 people when I was younger (multigenerational household) and my experiences with getting diagnosed with Crohn’s disease during COVID.
Any thoughts on the list? Thanks in advance!
School list
MD:
UMass
SUNY Downstate
VCU
EVMS
UVermont
NYMC
Lewis Katz
UNC
Quinnipiac
West Virginia
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland
ECU
Wake
Albany
Thomas Belmont
Medical College Wisconsin
Penn state
Wright state
DO:
MSUCOM
ROWAN
DUQCOM
CUSOM
PCOM
WVCOM
NYITCOM
VCOM Carolinas