WAMC as a low GPA Canadian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

onion_ring

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have already applied to DO this year but I will most likely not get in. How can I improve my chances? It's tricky because I'm Canadian but I'm open to any options honestly. I am very stuck and would appreciate any advice.
  1. cGPA: 3.33 & sGPA 3.22 (upward trend in undergrad)
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown. Include all (non-voided) attempts.
  • 495 (in 2021)
  • 507 (in 2023)
  • Planning to retake (in May 2025)
  1. Country of citizenship: Canada
  2. Ethnicity and/or race: South Asian
  3. Undergraduate institution or category: McMaster
  4. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer):
  • 400 hrs medical office clerk
  • 4000 hrs pharmacy assistant
  1. Research experience: none
  2. Shadowing experience:
  • 170 hours shadowing family medicine, will increase before next application cycle
  1. Non-clinical volunteering:
  • 500 hours event coordinator for non-profit organization
  1. Other extracurricular activities:
  • 650 hrs president and 400 hrs as marketing manager of a club (volunteer)
  • 300 hrs newsletter writer for another club (volunteer)
  • 120 hrs marketing manager of another club (volunteer)
  • 80 hrs event coordinator for another club (volunteer)
  • 640 hrs marketing coordinator for non-profit (volunteer)
  • 1200 hrs doing instacart (paid)
  • 1000 hrs training AI (paid)
  1. Relevant honors or awards:
  • honors in undergrad & high school, 1 undergrad scholarship
  1. Anything else not listed you think might be important:
  • 800 hrs painting and doing photography as a hobby
 
Which DO schools did you apply to ? Any interviews?
AZCOM, CCOM, MSUCOM, KCUCOM, Rowan, NSU-KPCOM, Western, and Marian (still have to submit secondary for this school tho). I interviewed at KCU but there was a technical difficulty during it and I ended up getting an R.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad