MD & DO WAMC? Avg applicant?

Started by lala0997
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lala0997

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I just wanted some input on my likelihood of getting into a MD program. I'm also applying to 6 DOs.

Graduated from a UC in June 2019. ORM (White, female, from CA)
Major: Cell & Developmental Biology, Minor: Religious Studies
cGPA = 3.59; sGPA = 3.56
Upward trend - Freshman cGPA = 3.31, Sophomore cGPA = 3.33, Junior cGPA = 3.79, Senior cGPA = 3.80
MCAT = 511 (127/125/130/129)

Research: 3 years in a neurobiology lab, strong LOR from my PI. No pubs.

Clinical experience: Full-time caregiver for developmentally and physically disabled adults (~750 hours so far). Part-time emergency medicine scribe (~750 hours so far). I plan to be working both jobs until I attend medical school.

Non-clinical volunteering: Volunteer swim instructor at the swim club where I grew up (~250 hours)

Clinical volunteering: 50 hours at County hospital.

Shadowing: 100 hours shadowing an adult neurologist at his practice

Previous work experience: Worked part-time my junior and senior year at a Veterinary clinic.

LORs: (In addition to the one from my PI) - strong LORs from non-science (religious studies) professor, science (Genetics) professor, as well as a LOR from a MD and a DO.

Hobbies: Sewing, swimming

Thanks in advance for your help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are competitive for all DO schools. I suggest these MD schools:
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside (only if you are from that region)
Kaiser
California Northstate
California University
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
NOVA MD
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State