WAMC c/o2028 or c/o2029 - bad first transcript, little experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocolatebo

Reaction score
WAMC c/o2028 or c/o2029 - bad first transcript, little experience

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think you will do fine! Despite not having large animal experience, you have everything else under your belt and I think you should try applying for C/O 2028! Also including high school stuff doesn't hurt to add in. As for being a receptionist I'm not sure if it would count as vet experience but I still think you have a great ton of hours from your vet assistant portion so I think you will be fine!

You’ll need to apply smart. Read requirements carefully and make sure you meet any gpa cutoffs a school may have. An upward trend is good and finding schools that put value in a strong ‘last 45’ credit hours may be smart given your academic history. I don’t think it’s impossible for you to get in by any means but you need to be careful and make sure your GPA is as strong as it can be. Maybe retake some courses if your target schools do grade replacement or averaging. Large animal or research experience would be good if you can find some, but I think the low science GPA will be a bigger hurdle for you than the lack of diversified vet experiences. And yes reception work would count as vet experience.

Reactions: 1 user