WAMC for matching this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RocLee

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
URM, US MD at T20, no red flags
Step 1: First time pass
Step 2: 250

Preclinical: (P/F) All Pass
Clinical Grades: All HP, but clinically 75% were honors
Research: 4 pubs, one first author and anesthesia related
Volunteering: Soup kitchen volunteer, minority mentoring
Good LORs

Anyone have any ideas for what programs to target?

(The stickied WAMC thread seemed dead, so I apologize in advance for creating this thread)
 
I guess we’ll see how competitive it is when the next charting outcomes comes out, but I just wanted to see if anyone on here had some recent experience and could tell me how competitive I was. I feel like what people are saying about the competitiveness online is a little overblown, but who knows
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess we’ll see how competitive it is when the next charting outcomes comes out, but I just wanted to see if anyone on here had some recent experience and could tell me how competitive I was. I feel like what people are saying about the competitiveness online is a little overblown, but who knows
Recent exp will likely have to be someone from this cycle or the last cause even 2 years ago it was not this competitive/people were not as neurotic or concerned with your stats
 
Recent exp will likely have to be someone from this cycle or the last cause even 2 years ago it was not this competitive/people were not as neurotic or concerned with your stats
It seems there was a bit of a spike in competitiveness in this most recent match. There were quite a few candidates who were competitive on paper yet went unmatched. Perhaps they didn’t interview well. Always tougher on Zoom to really get to know a person, IMO.
It’s competitive enough that people who may be considered a risk with interpersonal skills despite being good on paper may get passed over by a few programs. All candidates (especially if they went unmatched) should have a trusted advisor/friend who will help them identify blind spots so they can understand and actively work on those. I was probably 40 before I recognized a few of mine. They are still there, but I know about it now and can actually address it in real time, when needed.
 
It’s gotta be the money. Compared to when some of us finished and 400k was considered a good job now they got starting offers in the mid Fives. It’s gotta be the money cuz God knows I would rather be in the bed than doing a damn CSection right now!!