WAMC GPA: 3.4, MCAT: 499

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beemed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm only applying to DO this cycle for obvious reasons and going to start prepping for an MCAT retake for next cycle.

GPA: Haven't submitted my primary yet but my cumulative is 3.4 and my science should be very similar.
MCAT: 499: 125/124/125/125
State of residence: FL
Ethnicity and/or race: ORM
Undergraduate institution: FL
Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): Scribe: 2,000+ hours, Hospital volunteer: 30 hours, Medical brigade: 50 hours
Research experience: None
Shadowing experience and specialties represented: OB/GYN: 20 hours, Surgery: 20 hours, Plastic surgeon: 25 hours
Non-clinical volunteering: Tutor: 75 hours
Paid employment: Tutor: 250 hours, Server: 4,000+ hours

I need help with my school list. Thank you to anyone in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

With a 499 MCAT you will need to apply broadly including the newer schools. I suggest all these:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
ATSU-SOMA
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LUCOM
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
KHSC-COM (new school)
Noorda-COM
ICOM
There may also be a new school opening in Orlando later this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
With a 499 MCAT you will need to apply broadly including the newer schools. I suggest all these:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
ATSU-SOMA
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
LUCOM
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
KHSC-COM (new school)
Noorda-COM
ICOM
Thank you so much @Faha!! Do you think I would have a chance at Nova DO since I'm in FL?

VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
ATSU-SOMA
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
LUCOM
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
KHSC-COM (new school)
Noorda-COM
ICOM
Of this list, I can't recommend, ICOM, NOORDA, LMU, LUCOM, BCOM, ARCOM. Also skip those schools that haven't graduated a class yet.

Of this list, I can't recommend, ICOM, NOORDA, LMU, LUCOM, BCOM, ARCOM. Also skip those schools that haven't graduated a class yet.
Why don't you recommend those schools? Is it because of my stats or is it specific to the school?

With a MCAT of 499 you cannot be too fussy about where you apply to. Some schools are more desirable than others but if you end up with only one acceptance that is where you go to medical school. The GPA-MCAT grid for DO schools shows that less than 60% of applicants with your stats matriculate to a DO school.

Reactions: 1 user