WAMC-Low DAT score alright GPA.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Justin9068

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are my chances?
URM 👍
Lots of Shadowing Hours and experience as a dental assistant
Great LORS and Essays
3.3 GPA 3.2 Science GPA
Bilingual (Spanish)

17 AA
17 TS
21 Reading Comp
18 Bio
15 Gen Chem ( Ugh im so mad)
18 O Chem
18 PAT
15 QR

This is my Third Time taking the DAT. I just need to know if I can still pull it off with these stats. looking to apply anywhere.
 
You're getting into the danger zone of having 3+ DATs. One more attempt may close the door on many dental schools. I would definitely make sure you reach out to SNDA chapters and faculty involved with student services and academics to get a sense of whether students with your similar background and statistics have been successful graduating from dental school.
 
Did you apply to schools this year?
What are my chances?
URM 👍
Lots of Shadowing Hours and experience as a dental assistant
Great LORS and Essays
3.3 GPA 3.2 Science GPA
Bilingual (Spanish)

17 AA
17 TS
21 Reading Comp
18 Bio
15 Gen Chem ( Ugh im so mad)
18 O Chem
18 PAT
15 QR

This is my Third Time taking the DAT. I just need to know if I can still pull it off with these stats. looking to apply anywhere.
 
What are my chances?
URM 👍
Lots of Shadowing Hours and experience as a dental assistant
Great LORS and Essays
3.3 GPA 3.2 Science GPA
Bilingual (Spanish)

17 AA
17 TS
21 Reading Comp
18 Bio
15 Gen Chem ( Ugh im so mad)
18 O Chem
18 PAT
15 QR

This is my Third Time taking the DAT. I just need to know if I can still pull it off with these stats. looking to apply anywhere.
I think since your GPA is a bit below average for dental schools you will need to retake the DAT - I believe you are allowed to take it 3 times and afterwards you have to give them a reason and petition to retake it (Not sure how true this is, this is according to my friend who wanted to take a 4th time). Make sure you take as much time you need for your DAT and think of what you did last time/what mistakes were made.