You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WAMC low gpa/high mcat URM
Started by notsurewhattowrite
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Where is your state of residence ? What schools did you apply to ?
notsurewhattowrite
New Member
.
I know there are some pretty big reaches, but what are your thoughts overall? Should I consider adding any?
I know there are some pretty big reaches, but what are your thoughts overall? Should I consider adding any?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You do have many reaches. Consider adding these schools:
SUNY Buffalo
New York Medical College
Einstein (Bronx is 60% Hispanic)
Seton Hall
George Washington
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Temple
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
SUNY Buffalo
New York Medical College
Einstein (Bronx is 60% Hispanic)
Seton Hall
George Washington
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Temple
TCU-UNT
Medical College Wisconsin
notsurewhattowrite
New Member
Thank you! In your opinion/experience what do you think my chances of getting an interview are at some of the schools in my original list and from your suggestions?
You should receive several interviews. Schools such as UCSF and Northwestern are unlikely but it is fine to have some reaches.Thank you! In your opinion/experience what do you think my chances of getting an interview are at some of the schools in my original list and from your suggestions?
notsurewhattowrite
New Member
Ok, thank you very much for the feedback
You should have many IIs. Add in WashU, Stanford, Northwrstern, Einstein and all NYC Titans. If African American, add the HBCs as well.NY res
Mayo
UCSF
NWestern
Icahn
Pitt
Emory
Tufts
Georgetown
Jefferson
BU
Rochester
Dartmouth
Colorado
Hofstra
Wake Forest
Quinnipiac
SUNY Downstate
SUNY upstate
Stony Brook
Rosalind Franklin
Drexel
Albany
I know there are some pretty big reaches, but what are your thoughts overall? Should I consider adding any?
notsurewhattowrite
New Member
You should have many IIs. Add in WashU, Stanford, Northwrstern, Einstein and all NYC Titans. If African American, add the HBCs as well.
.
Last edited:
Here's the key question: which Hispanic??? Not all Hispanics are URMThank you for the suggestions. I am Hispanic. I am just worried that my low GPA will, in many cases, take me out of the running since it is below 10th percentile for all of these higher tier schools, and even some of the mid-tiers. Either way, I appreciate your advice and will consider adding these to my application.
Also Nova MD?
notsurewhattowrite
New Member
Here's the key question: which Hispanic??? Not all Hispanics are URM
.
Last edited:
Might the low service hours kill the OP? 60 hours of clinical volunteering and no nonclinical volunteering isn't even box checking.
Any networking with SNMA or LMSA chapter officers at the med schools you are interested in attending?
notsurewhattowrite
New Member
Might the low service hours kill the OP? 60 hours of clinical volunteering and no nonclinical volunteering isn't even box checking.
.
Any networking with SNMA or LMSA chapter officers at the med schools you are interested in attending?
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Include that. That might be enough, but still pretty low. You could scrape by like that UNLESS it was a mission trip.
notsurewhattowrite
New Member
.
Last edited:
It's never too late for networking.I believe I have received two letters in the mail but haven't connected with them yet. Is it too late in the application process at this point to reach out?