WAMC? Low undergrap, high SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

awfulpremed

Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I wanted to ask what my chances are and help building a school list

Undergrad
cGPA: 2.74
sGPA: 2.82

SMP is at Tulane University (not the ACLP)
SMP GPA: 3.74
MCAT: 508

Washington state residence
Asian
Clinical experience: 500 hours CNA on night shift during senior year of undergrad
Shadowing: 70 hours between 4 doctors (all IM)
Research: 400 hours in undergrad, 100 in SMP
Extracurriculars: I played in the university's wind ensemble (I played french horn) and we got to go on a tour around China right before the pandemic hit. 3 years in undergrad.

School list so far:

UW
WSU
PNWU
OHSU
KCUCOM
LSU
Tulane
WesternU
UCSF
Baylor
AT still
ICOM
PCOM

I could use some more help with the school list, especially since my chances are more suited towards DO. Thank you in advance!
90% of Baylor’s class is comprised of TX residents. Why do you have an interest in Baylor?

Members don't see this ad :)
90% of Baylor’s class is comprised of TX residents. Why do you have an interest in Baylor?
I actually have an interest in all of the texas schools but I am not sure which ones will accept me since it is so in state heavy. I have a job lined up to be working in Texas, but I won't be considered a resident by the time of application

I actually have an interest in all of the texas schools but I am not sure which ones will accept me since it is so in state heavy. I have a job lined up to be working in Texas, but I won't be considered a resident by the time of application
If you’re not a TX resident yet, none of them will accept you. Baylor matriculates a class with a 518 average MCAT.

Applying to TX schools is kind of a waste of money without any real ties to the state. By law, at least 90% of students must be from TX, and most of the time the number ends up being 95%+.

Hi everyone I wanted to ask what my chances are and help building a school list

Undergrad
cGPA: 2.74
sGPA: 2.82

SMP is at Tulane University (not the ACLP)
SMP GPA: 3.74
MCAT: 508

Washington state residence
Asian
Clinical experience: 500 hours CNA on night shift during senior year of undergrad
Shadowing: 70 hours between 4 doctors (all IM)
Research: 400 hours in undergrad, 100 in SMP
Extracurriculars: I played in the university's wind ensemble (I played french horn) and we got to go on a tour around China right before the pandemic hit. 3 years in undergrad.

School list so far:

UW
WSU
PNWU
OHSU
KCUCOM
LSU
Tulane
WesternU
UCSF
Baylor
AT still
ICOM
PCOM

I could use some more help with the school list, especially since my chances are more suited towards DO. Thank you in advance!
UCSF values social justice oriented candidates. Does that describe you?