WAMC of getting accepted to any school? Low GPA/Good DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMK77

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
First time applicant. I just want to know if I have any chance of getting accepted into any school out there.

Overall GPA: 3.33
Science GPA: 3.24
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 23-AA, 23-B, 25-GC, 25-OC, 22-RC, 21-QR, 23-PA
State of Residence: Washington

Undergrad Attended: University of Washington
Major: Biochemistry
Minor: None
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: ~300 hours
Volunteering Experience: ~400 hours (volunteer DA/library tutor)
Employment: Business Manager
Research: ~400 hours dental pulp stem cell research
Other Extracurriculars: Pretty much nothing. Full-time employee throughout my college years.
LOR type and strength: 2 from close science instructors/1 from art instructor/1 from dentist from my volunteer
Misc Info: Bit of an excuse for my lower than average GPA, but I was a full-time employee throughout my college years due to family illness.

Please be harsh and crush my dream if you think I don't have a chance.

Members don't see this ad.

You're fine as long as your school list is reasonable, and UW should be your number one choice due to that IS tuition. Good luck this cycle

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
First time applicant. I just want to know if I have any chance of getting accepted into any school out there.

DAT score (include AA and all sections): 23-AA, 23-B, 25-GC, 25-OC, 22-RC, 21-QR, 23-PA

Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Other Extracurriculars: Pretty much nothing. Full-time employee throughout my college years.
LOR type and strength: 2 from close science instructors/1 from art instructor/1 from dentist from my volunteer
Misc Info: Bit of an excuse for my lower than average GPA, but I was a full-time employee throughout my college years due to family illness.

apply broadly and wisely and you should be fine
of course, you should be doing all you can to get into UW
have you been volunteering at the school and attending as many events as you can?
is your research at UWSOD?

Members don't see this ad :)
apply broadly and wisely and you should be fine
of course, you should be doing all you can to get into UW
have you been volunteering at the school and attending as many events as you can?
is your research at UWSOD?

I have some experience volunteering at their endo clinic. But most of my volunteering was done at non-profit dental clinic in my community because that's where my passion lies. I met with an UW dental advisor before and attended their workshop. Nothing too extensive.

Money is not that big of an issue to me right now so I plan to apply to about 30+ schools to see if I can get a shot. If I can happen to get multiple acceptance (wishful thinking), I plan to look at tuition and their community outreach programs to decide. (not sure how busy I will be but I plan to volunteer when I can.) Fortunately, UW has a really extensive program called RIDE so I'm hoping I can get into their program.

I have some experience volunteering at their endo clinic. But most of my volunteering was done at non-profit dental clinic in my community because that's where my passion lies. I met with an UW dental advisor before and attended their workshop. Nothing too extensive.

Money is not that big of an issue to me right now so I plan to apply to about 30+ schools to see if I can get a shot. If I can happen to get multiple acceptance (wishful thinking), I plan to look at tuition and their community outreach programs to decide. (not sure how busy I will be but I plan to volunteer when I can.) Fortunately, UW has a really extensive program called RIDE so I'm hoping I can get into their program.

30+ is massively overkill. But if the cash is burning a hole in your pocket, send some my way. It seems you have everything ready, have you applied?

30+ is massively overkill. But if the cash is burning a hole in your pocket, send some my way. It seems you have everything ready, have you applied?

I think it is a good investment if I can increase my chance of getting accepted to one this cycle instead of spending a year preparing for the next one. I'm planning to apply within a week and get everything together. Just need to send transcript and LoR.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

What's it like to look back on this WAMC post with 5 interviews under your belt lol