WAMC: Please help me!!!! Chances in PhD!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabbbby16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, so I have a few questions about admission into clinical psychology PhD programs (hopefully with a specialty in pediatric neuropsych) and PhD programs in Neuroscience! I am very interested in both and was wondering what my chances are on admission. I am a good test taker and will probably get a good/very good grade on the GREs, I am a certified Peer Health Educator at my school (which is a top tier university) where I travel and go to conferences speaking in front of hundreds of other schools. I also am running a social psychology independent research study, I have experience in an emotion and cognition research lab and will have experience in a top neurology lab at a medical school prior to graduating as well. I had an internship at my schools counseling center and am a volunteer (almost similar to a dr shadow) in the Neurology department Boston Children's Hospital (the premier teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School). During my volunteer hours, I work with patients between the ages 3-7 one on one at bedside as well as observe Drs throughout the department. I have other volunteer experience involving children as well. My references and I have a strong relationship and are well respected professionals from top universities such as Oxford University and Harvard Medical School. I currently have a 3.2 (I know, it's really bad), but I am planning on retaking a course that would automatically boost that to a 3.3. My GPA (although appearing lower) has always been consistent in the sense that it is always above a 3.0. If I get all A's this next year and boost my GPA to above a 3.6, as well as have research experience as an assistant in a full time lab prior to applying the winter after graduation, would I have a strong chance of getting accepted? I can't picture myself in any other field and I truly adore clinical pediatric neuropsych/neuroscience.

Members don't see this ad.

May get a better response in the WAMC thread up top.
Thank you! I am doing this from my phone and have never used this website before, how do I add it into the WAMC thread?