This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

highdesertarcher95

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT - 505 -->128/125/127/125
cGPA- 3.57 sGPA- 3.54

Science major, non-trad applicant (entering 4th gap year), Hispanic, good Spanish, from Rural community with interest in working in rural community after residency.
Worked as peer-mentor in undergrad. Was a member of Pre-med fraternity for 3 years.
At time of application over 4500 hrs of paid clinical experience as an Orderly and Anesthesia Technician. Over 4000 hours as a caregiver for an individual with special needs. Volunteered with food kitchen and Healthcare clinic for homeless around 120 hours, plan to continue volunteering with homeless shelters/food kitchens. Completed a post-bacc this spring with a 3.95 GPA. Recently started work as a medical assistant for a pain management clinic. Looking for help with an MD school list, I am applying to my state schools and wondering about neighboring state public med schools, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, Washington, Arizona (Tucson)? If anyone has any insights to potential schools, that would be greatly appreciated.

Should I apply DO as well or roll the dice on MD only? I'm already verified and have received secondaries from my state schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Your 2 Nevada MD schools
Arizona (Tucson and Phoenix)
Colorado
Kaiser
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Einstein
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Georgetown
George Washington
NOVA MD
Miami
Tulane
If you have not received at least 3 interviews by November apply to DO schools also and include TUNCOM, AZCOM and UIWSOM.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro do you recommend these schools as well? I am looking into the mission statements of some of the schools and will try to finalize my list by tomorrow so I can submit my application to those schools. Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.