*~*WAMC (what are my chances?) Megathread*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your chances are slim, to be honest. Do you have an upward grade trend? That would definitely help a lot. Do you have an explanation for having poor grades?

Members don't see this ad.

The problem is that if you don't get good grades, it's hard to convince people that you know what you're talking about.

I'm graduating with my undergrad spring 2013, and I'm taking a year off to get everything together, so I can be ready to apply for pharmacy schools.
--However, I never tried so hard getting good grades, because I was unsure on what I really wanted to do. & when I got a job as a pharmacy technician, I realized how much I love the pharmacy environment and I wanted to be more than just a technician. By the time I realized, my GPA is way low. I was at 2.0 :scared: GPA when I transferred to a CSU, and now at a 2.5 GPA.:confused:

Ochem I : B
Ochem I lab :C
Ochem II : B-
Ochem II lab : C
Biochem I : B
BIochem I LAB : A-
Biochem II : in progress
Biochem II lab In progess
Biology I : B
Biology II : C+
Chem I : C
Chem II: B-
Anatomy & physiology : B
Anatomy in progress
Physiology in progress

I don't know if there is anyone that actually got into school with a low GPA, recently & with at least 2-3 years of experience, and great LOR's.

In addition, I have not taken the PCAT, which I planned on to.

since you are planning on taking a year off you have plenty of time to retake classes at CC while gaining some pharm experience. I left school with a 2.3 and got it to a 2.8 after 1 year.

Members don't see this ad :)
The problem is that if you don't get good grades, it's hard to convince people that you know what you're talking about.

Agreed. Experiences and great LORs won't help if you can't show adcoms you can handle a demanding course load in pharm school.

since you are planning on taking a year off you have plenty of time to retake classes at CC while gaining some pharm experience. I left school with a 2.3 and got it to a 2.8 after 1 year.

I did this and I feel it greatly improved my chances. Doing really well on the PCAT helped as well.

Since you go to a CSU, I'm assuming that you'll be applying to schools in California. Keep in mind that many of these schools have a minimum GPA cutoff of 2.8 and require at least a 3.3 for you to be competitive. If you don't get in this time around, my suggestion would be to retake the prereqs which you earned a C+ or lower at a CC. I would also study as hard as possible for the PCAT and apply broadly to out of state schools to maximize your chances of getting accepted.

I would not only be concerned about convincing the adcom that you can handle pharmacy school, I would really consider whether YOU think you can do well. Pharmacy school is a lot more difficult than undergrad. If you really think you can make positive changes to your academic behaviors, I say go for it. But the main point is that you have to be real with yourself so you don't enter pharmacy school, get behind, and drop out with wasted time and money. I don't mean to crush your dreams, I promise! I just want you to be sure this is a rational decision.

Yes, but you will need to bump that 2.5 to 2.8+. Take some of the classes again at CC and get A's in them. You can also take some easy Humanities courses also to boost the cum gpa. Score a 70+ on pcat. Join some clubs at CC and try to get leadership position. Work hard as a technician and get promoted/recognized. Volunteer if you have time on weekends. You can do it man just keep focus because a year goes by real fast.
Just remember some schools have a science prereq of 2.75+ so make sure you know what the requirements are for the schools u choose.
Good luck

Yes, but you will need to bump that 2.5 to 2.8+. Take some of the classes again at CC and get A's in them. You can also take some easy Humanities courses also to boost the cum gpa. Score a 70+ on pcat. Join some clubs at CC and try to get leadership position. Work hard as a technician and get promoted/recognized. Volunteer if you have time on weekends. You can do it man just keep focus because a year goes by real fast.
Just remember some schools have a science prereq of 2.75+ so make sure you know what the requirements are for the schools u choose.
Good luck

I would focus more on the science GPA than anything. Some schools will even replace a low grade if you retake the course and do better. This would probably be the best option since a few C's could be changed to A's and you are presumably familiar with the material already.

Good luck

Would taking and retaking classes actually factor into overall GPA or would it just give you units? I was thinking about retaking some classes that I got C's in during my freshman year at a university.

Would taking and retaking classes actually factor into overall GPA or would it just give you units? I was thinking about retaking some classes that I got C's in during my freshman year at a university.

For pharmcas, your GPA will stay low as they count every course towards your GPA and do not replace. The schools will be able to see your courses and may calculate your GPA based on best grades per course.

Hi

Applied to: UW-Madison, UW-Seattle, USC, U of I at Chicago, and Concordia Univ. in Wi.
Have interviews at Concordia and Madison already.

Currently studying at UW-Madison; getting B.S. in genetics in spring
GPA: 3.72
PCAT: composite: 89
Writing: 4
Chemistry: 93
Verbal: 90
Biology:92
Reading: 73
Math: 45

3 years research exp in genetics lab
3.5 years ESL tutoring
2nd year as RA in residence hall
1 year volunteering in UW Hospital Pharmacy

what do you think my chances are at getting interviews at the other places?

Hi

Applied to: UW-Madison, UW-Seattle, USC, U of I at Chicago, and Concordia Univ. in Wi.
Have interviews at Concordia and Madison already.

Currently studying at UW-Madison; getting B.S. in genetics in spring
GPA: 3.72
PCAT: composite: 89
Writing: 4
Chemistry: 93
Verbal: 90
Biology:92
Reading: 73
Math: 45

3 years research exp in genetics lab
3.5 years ESL tutoring
2nd year as RA in residence hall
1 year volunteering in UW Hospital Pharmacy

what do you think my chances are at getting interviews at the other places?

Looks really good, I would love to have those experiences on my app. I think you'd get in anywhere.

Your chances are slim, to be honest. Do you have an upward grade trend? That would definitely help a lot. Do you have an explanation for having poor grades?

Yes, my grades has been growing upward, and the poor grades are due to the lack of interest in school. However, once I found out that I really love working in the pharmacy, I became more serious about the grades I received. Unfortunately, by the time I realized, my GPA was already all screwed up

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. Experiences and great LORs won't help if you can't show adcoms you can handle a demanding course load in pharm school.

I did this and I feel it greatly improved my chances. Doing really well on the PCAT helped as well.

Thanks, ill definitely take that into consideration

Since you go to a CSU, I'm assuming that you'll be applying to schools in California. Keep in mind that many of these schools have a minimum GPA cutoff of 2.8 and require at least a 3.3 for you to be competitive. If you don't get in this time around, my suggestion would be to retake the prereqs which you earned a C+ or lower at a CC. I would also study as hard as possible for the PCAT and apply broadly to out of state schools to maximize your chances of getting accepted.

Yes, I planned on taking the PCAT; so, I would have a range of places to apply to.

Oh wow, what classes did u retake within that year ? From 2.3 to 2.8 is a huge jump

Oh wow, what classes did u retake within that year ? From 2.3 to 2.8 is a huge jump

i took bio 1 and 2, gchem 1 and 2, ochem 1, calc 1, physics 1, a&p 1 and 2, med term, nutrition, spanish, sociology, speech, wine appreciation :barf: and health all in 1 year.

I'm currently retaking like two classes I didn't do so well in and finishing my pre-reqs with these for the Fall/Spring.

General Bio I
General Bio II
Gen Chem I
Gen Chem II
Organic Chem I
Organic Chem II
Genetics
Biology Seminar
Statistics
Physics II
American Government

So its duble basically. :)

I was in a similar, if not worse, situation like this a couple of years ago because I lost motivation while attending community college. I didn't even bother dropping a couple of classes and took some F's. So I chose to transfer to a university and finish out a bachelors in biochemistry before applying to pharm school.
While attending the university i rekindled my competitive spirit and relearned how to study. I retook the classes i failed and started my biochem curriculum with a 2.7. It hasn't been easy but I'm set to graduate with a 3.35. Knowing my transcript was blemished, I knew I had to ace the pcat. I took it for the first time this past october and got a 99 composite. Having turned things around like this I'm pretty confident I could handle the material pharm school throws at you.

But is it possible to get in if you ruined your gpa early? Check in a couples months to see if I get accepted.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar situation to the person above me. Failed a whole year freshman year, list my scholarship. Stared with a 0.065 gpa when I went back to school. Now I have a 3.21, scored a 97 on the pcat last July. I've gotten 5 interview invites, went to 2 already and gotten 1 acceptance.

Take your time and have faith if this is what you want to do.

I'm in a similar situation to the person above me. Failed a whole year freshman year, list my scholarship. Stared with a 0.065 gpa when I went back to school. Now I have a 3.21, scored a 97 on the pcat last July. I've gotten 5 interview invites, went to 2 already and gotten 1 acceptance.

Take your time and have faith if this is what you want to do.
Wow O_O Thats an amazing turnaround. What made you switch like that?

a. UCSF, UOP, UCSD, USC, Touro
b. Overall: 3.33
BS Molecular Toxicology
UC Berkeley

c. Math/Science GPA: 3.35

d. last 2 years gpa: 3.63

e. California schools don't require PCAT scores

f) pharm experience
3 years volunteering at a county hospital and became a lead volunteer. Shadowed, helped improve efficiency, and etc.

g) Date submitted: 11/1

h) LOR's: 1 Pharmacist, 1 Pharmacy Manager, 1 research director

I) non-pharmacy work

1 year teaching math and science at a middle school and elementary school
1 year ecology lab
1 year independent research lab working on PCBs

The realization I wanted a real career. I'd always done well in school but when I hit college I found I had no motivation since I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do in the future. I just happened to find my calling in pharmacy. Mind you I didn't come to the conclusion immediately. I've worked as a technician for 5 years now.

I don't know if I'll get into a pharmacy school but i got 5 interview invites and waiting for more so far with 2.7 overall and 2.5 science.. My interviews are in January

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

I have a 2.65 GPA and was accepted. It's only part of what they look at. It really is a whole package deal.

The realization I wanted a real career. I'd always done well in school but when I hit college I found I had no motivation since I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do in the future. I just happened to find my calling in pharmacy. Mind you I didn't come to the conclusion immediately. I've worked as a technician for 5 years now.
I say my story is nearly identical except 7 years as a tech for me.

Do you mind me asking what school? how was your pcat?

I only took the PCAT once and got a 65. I had interviews at the University of Colorado and Oklahoma. Got accepted to Oklahoma four days after my interview!

Do you mind me asking what school? how was your pcat?

They look at more then that though. I worked 40 hours a week and took 15 hours a semester all through college. So in my personal statement I addressed the fact that my GPA was low, gave the reasons why, and told them how I have learned and grown from that situation. I am also 30 going back to school, so my work experience in a hospital was also a plus. Talk to the admissions counselor at the school you want to go to. They told me to retake some core classes at a community college just to show that now I can get good grades. I did not get to apply to school right away, but the extra classes really helped strengthen my application.

Are the GPA that people are posting the PharmCAS GPA, or their own calculations?

BS Molecular Toxicology
UC Berkeley

f) pharm experience
3 years volunteering at a county hospital and became a lead volunteer. Shadowed, helped improve efficiency, and etc.

I) non-pharmacy work

1 year ecology lab

Applying to the same schools as me (you look more competitive than me:thumbup:) . Good luck!

a. Schools you are applying to

UT, Texas Tech, Houston, University of Washington, University of Florida, Texas A&M Kingsville, USC

b. Overall GPA

3.62 double majoring in piano performance and biochemistry at UT Austin
- although I don't know how they factor in +/-, because my overall and math/science GPA are from a +/- scale, with a majority of A minuses...

c. Math/Science GPA

d. GPA in last one or two school years

3.7-3.8sh (with +/-)

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite)

Verbal: 54
Biology: 57
Reading: 54
QA: 93
Chemistry: 81
Composite: 76

... yeah :\

f. Pharmacy experience obtained

Worked as a pharmacy technician full time and part time over the summer and currently part time over winter break at Albertson's.

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary)

Not applying until next round (2013)!

h. LOR's

1 from pharmacist, 1 from pharmacy manager, 2- one each from music and science prof (if necessary)

i. Non-pharmacy work

1.5 years volunteering at the hospital in the lab, rehabilitation center, and emergency room.
I accompany singers that need a pianist, I do piano competitions, recitals, weddings, etc. though I don't know how much music activities will attribute to anything...
I'm also planning on volunteering at the Center for Music Therapy for this semester and beyond (hopefully)

I'm kinda freaking out because of my horrible PCAT scores and seemingly lack of extracurriculars. Also, I'm a bit blah about my grades... they don't seem high enough for the schools I'm applying to. Any help/advice/comments would be much appreciated!!!

Last edited:
I am in the same boat. As long as you are showing improvements, and decent score on PCAT, schools will consider you. Make sure you show a lot of leadership/extracurricular activities. I am struggling right now, the only thing I need is to score high on PCAT... since my GPA isn't considered competitive.. Good luck!!

But most schools have a cut off for a minimum GPA and I think its usually around 2.8 or so. Are there schools with a cut off lower than that?

Yes lots at 2.5

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

Where have all the standards gone...

I agree. Seeing all these low GPAs AND PCATs getting accepted has become the norm now instead of being an exception. Looking at the whole applicant is a good thing but when its so low that anyone paying enough tuition money and filling the application fees can get in worries me greatly.

I only took the PCAT once and got a 65. I had interviews at the University of Colorado and Oklahoma. Got accepted to Oklahoma four days after my interview!

They look at more then that though. I worked 40 hours a week and took 15 hours a semester all through college. So in my personal statement I addressed the fact that my GPA was low, gave the reasons why, and told them how I have learned and grown from that situation. I am also 30 going back to school, so my work experience in a hospital was also a plus. Talk to the admissions counselor at the school you want to go to. They told me to retake some core classes at a community college just to show that now I can get good grades. I did not get to apply to school right away, but the extra classes really helped strengthen my application.

I have a similar story too! My science GPA was a 2.72 (according to OU) and I got a 61 on my PCAT. I think was saved me the most was l got a 97 on my biology section. I'm 27 and I have 2 yrs experience working as a tech in retail. I got accepted to OU a week ago but this goes to show that GPA isn't the absolute deciding factor.

Where have all the standards gone...

I agree. Seeing all these low GPAs AND PCATs getting accepted has become the norm now instead of being an exception. Looking at the whole applicant is a good thing but when its so low that anyone paying enough tuition money and filling the application fees can get in worries me greatly.

My response to you is people are not just numbers. Now according to the both of you I shouldn't have been accepted b/c my stats were too low. What if I were to tell you that I have a Master's degree in biochemistry (thesis based) finishing with 3.52 GPA in grad school and now I'm qualified to teach bio 1 &2 along with gen chem 1 &2 at the collegiate level. My graduate advisor was very skeptical that I would finish the program b/c my undergrad GPA was low and I'll admit I was a poor student during my undergrad years. However I defied the odds and finished my program strong.

What I have found problematic about pharmacy schools and their "standards" is that graduate work is not taken into account which is something that med schools would never do. Luckily I have found some schools that are willing to look past the GPA and the PCAT scores and look at my whole application. I believe that I'm a well qualified applicant even though my stats don't show it but I have ample experience in retail as a tech, taking graduate level classes, doing research & writing for it, and teaching. In the real world no one cares what grades you made in school; all they care about is work history and experience.

My response to you is people are not just numbers. Now according to the both of you I shouldn't have been accepted b/c my stats were too low. What if I were to tell you that I have a Master's degree in biochemistry (thesis based) finishing with 3.52 GPA in grad school and now I'm qualified to teach bio 1 &2 along with gen chem 1 &2 at the collegiate level. My graduate advisor was very skeptical that I would finish the program b/c my undergrad GPA was low and I'll admit I was a poor student during my undergrad years. However I defied the odds and finished my program strong.

What I have found problematic about pharmacy schools and their "standards" is that graduate work is not taken into account which is something that med schools would never do. Luckily I have found some schools that are willing to look past the GPA and the PCAT scores and look at my whole application. I believe that I'm a well qualified applicant even though my stats don't show it but I have ample experience in retail as a tech, taking graduate level classes, doing research & writing for it, and teaching. In the real world no one cares what grades you made in school; all they care about is work history and experience.

It's great that you were able to do well in graduate school after having a 2.7. Obviously people are more than just a collection of statistics. But your graduate school experience should be the standard, not some rare turnaround. The idea is that those of us who want to be pharmacists should be the cream of the crop. And despite the greatest of challenges (e.g. working, supporting a family, extenuating circumstances) should be pulling at least a 3.0. Being a "poor student" is never a valid excuse. And you're right, in the "real" world (whatever that means!), grades don't matter. But in school, grades do matter. And school matters, because there's a difference between pharmacy technician and pharmacist. And I agree about the grad school GPA, it makes no sense to ignore grades from a graduate program, which is inherently more difficult than undergrad.

What if I were to tell you that I have a Master's degree in biochemistry (thesis based) finishing with 3.52 GPA in grad school and now I'm qualified to teach bio 1 &2 along with gen chem 1 &2 at the collegiate level. My graduate advisor was very skeptical that I would finish the program b/c my undergrad GPA was low and I'll admit I was a poor student during my undergrad years. However I defied the odds and finished my program strong.

Yes, both your undergraduate GPA and PCAT scores are indeed low. However, you do possess a 3.52 graduate GPA. Add on to this your experiences in the pharmacy field, doing research, and teaching puts you in the exception area and not the norm.

The people who I am referring to are those with both low GPAs, PCATs, and does nothing extraordinary to say that sets them apart. All it says is that they are underachieving students. Doesn't mean they are bad students or people but they did nothing extra that proves their scores otherwise. For example, one new school's (which shall remain nameless but does in fact exist) most recent group of students have an average GPA of 3.3 and average composite PCAT of 34.

From my personal experience, it doesn't take much to make a 34 PCAT provided you somewhat paid attention in your pre-req classes and didn't study anything else and winged it on the exam. This was not the case in the past but it definitely is now.

UT, Texas Tech, Houston, University of Washington, University of Florida, Texas A&M Kingsville, USC

b. Overall GPA

- although I don't know how they factor in +/-, because my overall and math/science GPA are from a +/- scale, with a majority of A minuses...

c. Math/Science GPA

3.7-3.8sh (with +/-)

Worked as a pharmacy technician full time and part time over the summer and currently part time over winter break at Albertson's.

h. LOR's

1 from pharmacist, 1 from pharmacy manager, 2- one each from music and science prof (if necessary)

i. Non-pharmacy work

1.5 years volunteering at the hospital in the lab, rehabilitation center, and emergency room.
I accompany singers that need a pianist, I do piano competitions, recitals, weddings, etc. though I don't know how much music activities will attribute to anything...
I'm also planning on volunteering at the Center for Music Therapy for this semester and beyond (hopefully)

I'm kinda freaking out because of my horrible PCAT scores and seemingly lack of extracurriculars. Also, I'm a bit blah about my grades... they don't seem high enough for the schools I'm applying to. Any help/advice/comments would be much appreciated!!!

You'd probably get into USC.

b. Overall GPA

c. Math/Science GPA

3.7-3.8sh (with +/-)

h. LOR's

i. Non-pharmacy work

Applying to the same schools as me (you look more competitive than me:thumbup:) . Good luck!

Honestly, even though your PCAT is a little lower, you will be fine. Your ECs are also great! I can't imagine the PCAT being the only reason keeping you out of your dream school. Rock the interview and you will be fine! Good luck.

BS Molecular Toxicology
UC Berkeley

f) pharm experience

I) non-pharmacy work

1 year ecology lab

Looks great! Make sure to apply early and do well in the interviews.

Here are my stats so far. and applying for 2014 class.

a. Schools I am applying to:

Texas Tech,
Texas A&M,
UH
University of Austin,
TSU
University of the Incarnate Word
Regis
Midwestern(both campus)
Appalachian College of Pharmacy
Shenandoah University
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences – Worcester
Howard University

b. Overall GPA: 3.0

c. Math/Science GPA: 2.9

d. GPA in last one or two school year:3.5

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite): not yet taken

f. Pharmacy experience obtained; 6 years Pharmacy tech, retail pharmacy national certified technician

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary): June 2013

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
h. Number of LORs and source of LORs: 3 from Pharmacists, 1 probably from Professor

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience: Worked at Korger for 2 years as Manager, volunteer:,for organizations such as Pre-Pharmacy, National leadership society, Active Mind, Pre-Biology volunteer at clinic to help patients.

j. Self-perception of interview skills: Average

k. Overall impression of personal statement quality: average

Right now I am a fourth year and I am taking a year off to hopefully work as a pharmacy technician somewhere to get more experience. So that means I haven't applied yet, but I feel like I am borderline of being a good applicant. Any feedback or advice is GREATLY appreciated! :)

a. Schools you are applying to:
University of the Pacific, Western University, UCSF, UCSD, USC, Touro, Northstate

b. Overall GPA: 3.4

c. Math/Science GPA: ~3.1 - 3.2

d. GPA in last one or two school years:
3.5 past two years
3.6 past year

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite):
None because California schools don't need PCAT

f. Pharmacy experience obtained:
A few months shadowing/volunteering at a compounding pharmacy
A few trips to a clinic in Mexico giving patients their medications.
So far ~80 hours as a volunteer pharmacy technician at a clinical pharmacy (still volunteering here).

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary):
Not yet, applying this summer.

h. Number of LORs and source of LORs
One from my research PI
One from the pharmacist at where I volunteer at
Hopefully another from a professor

i. Non-pharmacy work and/or volunteer experience
Board member of a mentorship organization for high school students (2 years).
Immunology research (2 years).

j. Self-perception of interview skills
I need a lot of preparation to feel confident. So obviously I will be looking online and asking around for advice for these interviews.

k. Overall impression of personal statement quality
Haven't written one yet. I have an upward trend in my grades. Was not involved with extracurriculars my first two years of college, but starting 3rd year I got very involved in multiple things (research, clubs, and some pharmacy experience).

Right now I am a fourth year and I am taking a year off to hopefully work as a pharmacy technician somewhere to get more experience. So that means I haven't applied yet, but I feel like I am borderline of being a good applicant. Any feedback or advice is GREATLY appreciated! :)

a. Schools you are applying to:
University of the Pacific, Western University, UCSF, UCSD, USC, Touro, Northstate

b. Overall GPA: 3.4

c. Math/Science GPA: ~3.1 - 3.2

d. GPA in last one or two school years:
3.5 past two years
3.6 past year

e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite):
None because California schools don't need PCAT

f. Pharmacy experience obtained:
A few months shadowing/volunteering at a compounding pharmacy
A few trips to a clinic in Mexico giving patients their medications.
So far ~80 hours as a volunteer pharmacy technician at a clinical pharmacy (still volunteering here).

g. Date of application submission (PharmCAS/primary and secondary):
Not yet, applying this summer.

One from my research PI
One from the pharmacist at where I volunteer at
Hopefully another from a professor

Board member of a mentorship organization for high school students (2 years).
Immunology research (2 years).

I need a lot of preparation to feel confident. So obviously I will be looking online and asking around for advice for these interviews.

Haven't written one yet. I have an upward trend in my grades. Was not involved with extracurriculars my first two years of college, but starting 3rd year I got very involved in multiple things (research, clubs, and some pharmacy experience).

You have a lot of great experiences but an unimpressive GPA. Stats like these are only good in the right hands. If you're intelligent, compassionate, and obviously a cut above your average college student, then you'd get in anywhere. The red flags for me are the GPA and LORs. Undergrad really isn't that hard, so a B average tells me you might not be what a school like UCSD is looking for. And you're going to need killer LORs to make these experiences legitimate. For each of my extracurriculars, I had a LOR which confirmed the extent of my involvement and my performance. If you want the best possible prediction I think you could get in anywhere; the worst, you at least get into UOP. Remember that most CA schools have an average GPA for accepted students of 3.6. You have to compensate with LORs and experience.

I don't get it. There's obviously no formula for getting in, but here are the GPA stats from four school websites (I think UOP average GPA is like 3.5):

Western:
Average Overall GPA 3.41
Average Science GPA 3.32

UCSF: Based on the class entering in fall 2012
Pre-pharm GPA: Low 2.62, Avg. 3.55, High: 4.0
Cumulative GPA: Low 2.66, Avg 3.60, High: 4.0

UCSD: Profile of Applicants Interviewed for the Class of 2013
Avg GPA: 3.70

USC: Fall 2012 entering class
Average GPA: 3.59

So I think if you're below a 3.3 (i.e. below average), then your chances go down. Obviously a 3.4 cum. GPA is close, but a 3.1 is pushing it. Based on GPA stats alone, highest chance of acceptance is Western and lowest is UCSD. So that's why I said GPA would be an issue, otherwise OP has great shot at any school.

not sure
b. Overall GPA 3.0
c. Math/Science GPA math 3.2 / bio,chem,phys 2.8:scared:
d. GPA in last one or two school years 3.6
e. Complete PCAT scores (or just composite) 80
six months hospital volunteer (~100HRS), one research associated with pharmacy, one month intern in pharmaceutical company
still deciding

Additionally, the following will help us gauge your chances but are more optional:
1 from professor, 1 from intern boss, 1 from pharmacist
published several novels, 5-year part-time editor experience
still working on it
still working on it

p.s. i'm an international student~