• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

WAMC??

Koko18

Aug 1, 2019
    I am an AA female, Florida resident, and I am feeling bummed after just receiving my new MCAT score.
    Undergraduate : sGPA 3.18, cGPA 3.41
    Graduate (still taking courses) : sGPA 3.88 cGPA 3.88
    MCAT 497 : 125/123/124/125
    Over 400 shadowing hours, plenty of leadership, volunteering, and involvement.

I have submitted applications to all of the Florida MD schools along with the HBCU med schools. I plan to submit applications for DO schools within the next week. Any recommendations for schools that have accepted anyone with these stats?

Faha

7+ Year Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    1. Attending Physician
      You could receive interviews at these DO schools with your stats:
      ACOM
      ARCOM
      NYIT-Arkansas
      BCOM
      UIWSOM
      PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
      CUSOM
      VCOM (all 3 schools)
      UP-KYCOM
      WVSOM
      ICOM
      LECOM (all schools)
      MU-COM
      WCU-COM
      LMU-DCOM
      LUCOM
      Sam Houston State (when they begin accepting applications later this year)
      Most of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you should receive some interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.