Aug 3, 2016
I currently have a BA degree, but at this point I want nothing more than to redo the last few years and study science instead, because I have realized that medical school was the right path for me. It's something that I've wanted to do all my life, but for various personal reasons in high school, I didn't take science courses and didn't feel that I was cut-out for a career in science. Since then, my personal life and my opinions have changed, and I am now more than willing to take the many difficult science courses that are required for medical school. And although I haven't taken a science course in a while, and math and science are certainly two very different subjects, I have always been very good at math, which leads me to believe that, with effort and hard work, I have the potential to succeed in science as well.

Unfortunately, I did not take science courses while completing my BA, and I graduated a few years ago. I am wondering if there is any possible way to fix my mistake?

Is there any way for me to take the science pre-requisites I need to take for a med school acceptance and a good MCAT score?

Of course, I could do another bachelor's degree, but this is an expensive option that will take up another 4 years of my life.

I've been looking into another other existent options to take these science courses myself. As I understand it, there are post-bacc programs in the USA that will allow me to do this - as I am Canadian, paying tuition in the USA as a foreign student would be very expensive.

(Of course, if I get into med school, that will also be very expensive, but I'd rather not pay any more money than is necessary).

I wanted to check if there happens to be any other option?

Last edited:

ConfusedChemist

2+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Why are you going to the US?

A quick Google search would tell you there are almost no pre-reqs for Canadian med schools, although you'd want some for the MCAT. What you would need is a 3.9+ GPA though, at least in your last few years

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.