This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

main467

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have a BA degree, but at this point I want nothing more than to redo the last few years and study science instead, because I have realized that medical school was the right path for me. It's something that I've wanted to do all my life, but for various personal reasons in high school, I didn't take science courses and didn't feel that I was cut-out for a career in science. Since then, my personal life and my opinions have changed, and I am now more than willing to take the many difficult science courses that are required for medical school. And although I haven't taken a science course in a while, and math and science are certainly two very different subjects, I have always been very good at math, which leads me to believe that, with effort and hard work, I have the potential to succeed in science as well.

Unfortunately, I did not take science courses while completing my BA, and I graduated a few years ago. I am wondering if there is any possible way to fix my mistake?

Is there any way for me to take the science pre-requisites I need to take for a med school acceptance and a good MCAT score?

Of course, I could do another bachelor's degree, but this is an expensive option that will take up another 4 years of my life.

I've been looking into another other existent options to take these science courses myself. As I understand it, there are post-bacc programs in the USA that will allow me to do this - as I am Canadian, paying tuition in the USA as a foreign student would be very expensive.

(Of course, if I get into med school, that will also be very expensive, but I'd rather not pay any more money than is necessary).

I wanted to check if there happens to be any other option?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why are you going to the US?

A quick Google search would tell you there are almost no pre-reqs for Canadian med schools, although you'd want some for the MCAT. What you would need is a 3.9+ GPA though, at least in your last few years