-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Washington State c/o 2020
Started by battie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hope you guys hear soon!Shhhhhhh...... We want it to be invites!! lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So does "All first round letters sent out" mean they are sending interview invites and/or deferrals of admission to everyone who applied? It makes it sound like everyone will be notified of SOMETHING.
Mine too!Now it says they received my VMCAS application on 11/25....weird.
One day I want to work in admissions for vet schools, it's such a mystery to meMine too!
Now it says they received my VMCAS application on 11/25....weird.
Mine too!
Mine too. Weird!
Most come over email, I think. The mail folks were all WICHE being notified that they had the option to interview.So basically tomorrow...but now the question is email or snail mail? some folks had interview invites via mail but i feel like thats a tad bit old school?
Wait, you think only WICHE people were via snail mail? That would be killer if they emailed us!!!Most come over email, I think. The mail folks were all WICHE being notified that they had the option to interview.
Wait, you think only WICHE people were via snail mail? That would be killer if they emailed us!!!
WA and ID have definitely received email/portal updates first. And I think MT, too? No one from UT had posted, but I'd assume they did as well.
WICHE people have said their letters have said something around the lines of "you're accepted if you receive funding, otherwise we'd like to interview you as OOS," so I imagine that's why they haven't had portal updates with the news.
Last year OOS people who had invites had emails, so I imagine they will this year, too.
Hopefully you guys hear soon!
@PrincessButterCup, today and tomorrow would have been interview days for us if they had kept the original schedule.... 🙁 haha
Thanks for this info! So do you think we'll hear regardless if it's good or bad? They'll send interview invites as well as deferrals?WA and ID have definitely received email/portal updates first. And I think MT, too? No one from UT had posted, but I'd assume they did as well.
WICHE people have said their letters have said something around the lines of "you're accepted if you receive funding, otherwise we'd like to interview you as OOS," so I imagine that's why they haven't had portal updates with the news.
Last year OOS people who had invites had emails, so I imagine they will this year, too.
Hopefully you guys hear soon!
@PrincessButterCup, today and tomorrow would have been interview days for us if they had kept the original schedule.... 🙁 haha
WA and ID have definitely received email/portal updates first. And I think MT, too? No one from UT had posted, but I'd assume they did as well.
WICHE people have said their letters have said something around the lines of "you're accepted if you receive funding, otherwise we'd like to interview you as OOS," so I imagine that's why they haven't had portal updates with the news.
Last year OOS people who had invites had emails, so I imagine they will this year, too.
Hopefully you guys hear soon!
@PrincessButterCup, today and tomorrow would have been interview days for us if they had kept the original schedule.... 🙁 haha
I'm actually relieved we have more time. I haven't found interview clothes yet, or mentally prepared myself . . . though I do have a lab final tomorrow, and if I was interviewing I could reschedule it. That would be nice.

Thanks for this info! So do you think we'll hear regardless if it's good or bad? They'll send interview invites as well as deferrals?
I think they sometimes do a second interview invite wave, if enough people decline their invitation. I don't think they send out rejections right away. In case they need to invite more people.
Or I read that for a different school, and WSU doesn't do it that way. I don't remember. Anyone else have an idea?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TODAY PEOPLE. May the odds be ever in your favor.
When I applied here two cycles ago, they sent out the invites via snail mail and that's when I got my rejection. It's nice to see that they sent out e-mails last year instead.
Trying to resist the urge to check my email every 5 minutesTODAY PEOPLE. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Trying to resist the urge to check my email every 5 minutes
That's exactly what I'm doing D: I've already started, now I can't stop haha.
Good luck everyone! 🙂
My gmail is linked to my phone and I don't know if that's an advantage or not. It means I don't have to constantly refresh my e-mail.... but it means I freak out a little on the inside if I get an e-mail...... lol. All the SDN e-mails are driving me crazy! lol.
If it's anything like Davis, they'll go out late tonight. Which is smart if you think about it - then people can't flood their phone lines.
Edit: Well, that was disappointing
Got an email newsletter from them just now and my heart skipped a beat when I saw WSU...that was disappointing 😕
Mine was sent before 2 pm.
Got an email newsletter from them just now and my heart skipped a beat when I saw WSU...that was disappointing 😕
I just had that happen. I feel you.
Me too! Every time my phone dings for an email I frantically check! 😛My gmail is linked to my phone and I don't know if that's an advantage or not. It means I don't have to constantly refresh my e-mail.... but it means I freak out a little on the inside if I get an e-mail...... lol. All the SDN e-mails are driving me crazy! lol.
My roommate applied to Dental school and they said December 1st.. they weren't kidding, she received her acceptance email at 12:02 AM! 😴If it's anything like Davis, they'll go out late tonight. Which is smart if you think about it - then people can't flood their phone lines.
Hope we get the emails today!
That dang newsletter.... I just had a heart attack
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seriously...why would they do that?! ...Maybe they just wanted to make sure everyone read the newsletter 

so i just called the admission office and she said "All letters will be in the mail today." And i clarified " So in the regular mail?" and she responded yes. So I guess we can put our phones down now and quietly stalk the mailman this week instead
Wait, did you ask about emails too? My letter was dated and post marked the day before I got an email, so I don't think that necessarily means OOS won't get emails too.
And are we sure "first round letters" mean OOS interview invites?
Arghhh snail mail . . . I live in northern New England, so I'm just going to assume that any potential letter will be here in approximately a month!

Fingers crossed for emails too!

Fingers crossed for emails too!
And are we sure "first round letters" mean OOS interview invites?
not 100% sure but OOS interviews are scheduled to take place January 25th-29th so they have to tell us soon in order to book travel arrangements
Thanks for calling!not 100% sure but OOS interviews are scheduled to take place January 25th-29th so they have to tell us soon in order to book travel arrangements
so i just called the admission office and she said "All letters will be in the mail today." And i clarified " So in the regular mail?" and she responded yes. So I guess we can put our phones down now and quietly stalk the mailman this week instead
Our poor mailmen.
Got an email newsletter from them just now and my heart skipped a beat when I saw WSU...that was disappointing 😕
Haha me too! My heart skipped especially because it had WSU Vet Med as the title. I was like 'Why is this happening today of all days???'
I also got the dang newsletter email 😕 Checked my portal and it still says complete and under review. 







Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an AZ WICHE applicant. I never received a letter in the mail a few weeks ago when everyone else did. I just got an email that says I have been granted a personal interview and will receive details in a letter that will be sent in the mail shortly. 🙂
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!! Got my interview invite. OOS. Refreshed my email about 30 times in 2 minutes 

Are you WICHE?Got an email for an interview! OOS. Also, my portal was updated at the same time, I put my phone down after checking for the millionth time and it chimed for an email. I was like seriously give it a rest girl. Good luck everyone!
