Washington State c/o 2020

Started by battie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The only ones who haven't received emails/portal updates first about interview invites have been WICHE people. So yes, there are portal updates 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So does "All first round letters sent out" mean they are sending interview invites and/or deferrals of admission to everyone who applied? It makes it sound like everyone will be notified of SOMETHING.
 
So basically tomorrow...but now the question is email or snail mail? some folks had interview invites via mail but i feel like thats a tad bit old school?
 
So basically tomorrow...but now the question is email or snail mail? some folks had interview invites via mail but i feel like thats a tad bit old school?
Most come over email, I think. The mail folks were all WICHE being notified that they had the option to interview.
 
Wait, you think only WICHE people were via snail mail? That would be killer if they emailed us!!!

WA and ID have definitely received email/portal updates first. And I think MT, too? No one from UT had posted, but I'd assume they did as well.

WICHE people have said their letters have said something around the lines of "you're accepted if you receive funding, otherwise we'd like to interview you as OOS," so I imagine that's why they haven't had portal updates with the news.

Last year OOS people who had invites had emails, so I imagine they will this year, too.

Hopefully you guys hear soon!

@PrincessButterCup, today and tomorrow would have been interview days for us if they had kept the original schedule.... 🙁 haha
 
WA and ID have definitely received email/portal updates first. And I think MT, too? No one from UT had posted, but I'd assume they did as well.

WICHE people have said their letters have said something around the lines of "you're accepted if you receive funding, otherwise we'd like to interview you as OOS," so I imagine that's why they haven't had portal updates with the news.

Last year OOS people who had invites had emails, so I imagine they will this year, too.

Hopefully you guys hear soon!

@PrincessButterCup, today and tomorrow would have been interview days for us if they had kept the original schedule.... 🙁 haha
Thanks for this info! So do you think we'll hear regardless if it's good or bad? They'll send interview invites as well as deferrals?
 
WA and ID have definitely received email/portal updates first. And I think MT, too? No one from UT had posted, but I'd assume they did as well.

WICHE people have said their letters have said something around the lines of "you're accepted if you receive funding, otherwise we'd like to interview you as OOS," so I imagine that's why they haven't had portal updates with the news.

Last year OOS people who had invites had emails, so I imagine they will this year, too.

Hopefully you guys hear soon!

@PrincessButterCup, today and tomorrow would have been interview days for us if they had kept the original schedule.... 🙁 haha

:arghh:

I'm actually relieved we have more time. I haven't found interview clothes yet, or mentally prepared myself . . . though I do have a lab final tomorrow, and if I was interviewing I could reschedule it. That would be nice. :laugh:
 
Thanks for this info! So do you think we'll hear regardless if it's good or bad? They'll send interview invites as well as deferrals?

I think they sometimes do a second interview invite wave, if enough people decline their invitation. I don't think they send out rejections right away. In case they need to invite more people.

Or I read that for a different school, and WSU doesn't do it that way. I don't remember. Anyone else have an idea?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it's anything like Davis, they'll go out late tonight. Which is smart if you think about it - then people can't flood their phone lines.

search


Edit: Well, that was disappointing
 
My gmail is linked to my phone and I don't know if that's an advantage or not. It means I don't have to constantly refresh my e-mail.... but it means I freak out a little on the inside if I get an e-mail...... lol. All the SDN e-mails are driving me crazy! lol.
Me too! Every time my phone dings for an email I frantically check! 😛
If it's anything like Davis, they'll go out late tonight. Which is smart if you think about it - then people can't flood their phone lines.
My roommate applied to Dental school and they said December 1st.. they weren't kidding, she received her acceptance email at 12:02 AM! 😴

Hope we get the emails today!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i just called the admission office and she said "All letters will be in the mail today." And i clarified " So in the regular mail?" and she responded yes. So I guess we can put our phones down now and quietly stalk the mailman this week instead
 
so i just called the admission office and she said "All letters will be in the mail today." And i clarified " So in the regular mail?" and she responded yes. So I guess we can put our phones down now and quietly stalk the mailman this week instead

Wait, did you ask about emails too? My letter was dated and post marked the day before I got an email, so I don't think that necessarily means OOS won't get emails too.
 
maybe its both? because why would they said in states emails and not out of state, thats bizarre. But she said mail
 
I also got the dang newsletter email 😕 Checked my portal and it still says complete and under review. :xf::xf::xf::xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an email for an interview! OOS. Also, my portal was updated at the same time, I put my phone down after checking for the millionth time and it chimed for an email. I was like seriously give it a rest girl. Good luck everyone!
Are you WICHE?