Wayne State Univ SOM 2005 Entering Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everybody!

I too will be attending Wayne State in the fall, and I'm getting excited for that! I haven't recieved anything from them in like a month, which is sort of wierd. Have you guys gotten anything about financial aid, and whether they have any preferred lenders or something like that? I'm soo confused on this whole financial aid thing, I was lucky and didn't need any for undergrad so now I have no idea what I'm doing.
As far as living, I'm pretty sure I'll just get an apartment at Lafayette towers or something in Detroit, since I don't want to commute. If anyone is looking for a female roomate and wants to be in Detroit, feel free to PM me! If I can find someone I'd like to get a 2 bedroom, and if not I guess I'll probably end up in a studio or something.

Members don't see this ad.

ambrosia said:
Hi everybody!

I too will be attending Wayne State in the fall, and I'm getting excited for that! I haven't recieved anything from them in like a month, which is sort of wierd. Have you guys gotten anything about financial aid, and whether they have any preferred lenders or something like that? I'm soo confused on this whole financial aid thing, I was lucky and didn't need any for undergrad so now I have no idea what I'm doing.
As far as living, I'm pretty sure I'll just get an apartment at Lafayette towers or something in Detroit, since I don't want to commute. If anyone is looking for a female roomate and wants to be in Detroit, feel free to PM me! If I can find someone I'd like to get a 2 bedroom, and if not I guess I'll probably end up in a studio or something.

hi, i am in your same situation- never needed financial aid and really have no idea what i'm doing. i'll assume that you submitted your fafsa. Besides that, you will need to send a confirmation form w/ parents' and your own tax information (W2s, 1040, schedules,etc) on it, your birth certificete, and a vertification sheet. You will have to login to your pipeline account from campus pipeline (http://pipeline.wayne.edu ??), click the student tab, click 'financial aid' on left column, 'my eligibility', 'student requirements', 2005-2006.... this should show you what you need to do yet.

For anything else, you will have to call the admissions office and find out what you need to do. But as far as I know... .this is what you needed to do. I have had everything turned in for like 3 weeks and am still not verified... so the finianical aid office seems to be taken their time (i suppose 270 students + M2-4s, is a lot of students to deal with...). You will also need to turn in a physical form (from doc) and tb test results.

If anyone else knows something else...or if you find out something, please let me know, because i have been kind of wonderng about this myself.

fun8stuff said:
Besides that, you will need to send a confirmation form w/ parents' and your own tax information (W2s, 1040, schedules,etc) on it, your birth certificete, and a vertification sheet.

Maybe I have just been lucky, but I haven’t had to come through with all of that. All that I remember having to do is FAFSA, picking a lender, and going on pipeline to accept my fin aid (might be simpler for me since I chose to not include my parents data on my FAFSA – no campus based aid for me :( ).

fun8stuff said:
I have had everything turned in for like 3 weeks and am still not verified... so the finianical aid office seems to be taken their time (i suppose 270 students + M2-4s, is a lot of students to deal with...).

If you have any questions specifically about your financial aid, contact the fin. aid office. Like most things at WSU if you wait for them to do something you’ll be waiting quite a long time (partly due to the large size of the school) but if you take the initiative and address an issue yourself they are pretty good about helping you with it (all of my visits to Fin Aid have been rather painless).

fun8stuff said:
If anyone else knows something else...or if you find out something, please let me know, because i have been kind of wonderng about this myself.

As has been alluded to in the past, this is WSU-SOM so please prepare yourself to deal with a lack of communication. Don’t worry, they’ll make sure that you are informed before you need to be somewhere/do something (might be the night before, but you’ll be informed :rolleyes: ).

Members don't see this ad :)
fun8stuff said:
hi, i am in your same situation- never needed financial aid and really have no idea what i'm doing. i'll assume that you submitted your fafsa. Besides that, you will need to send a confirmation form w/ parents' and your own tax information (W2s, 1040, schedules,etc) on it, your birth certificete, and a vertification sheet. You will have to login to your pipeline account from campus pipeline (http://pipeline.wayne.edu ??), click the student tab, click 'financial aid' on left column, 'my eligibility', 'student requirements', 2005-2006.... this should show you what you need to do yet.

For anything else, you will have to call the admissions office and find out what you need to do. But as far as I know... .this is what you needed to do. I have had everything turned in for like 3 weeks and am still not verified... so the finianical aid office seems to be taken their time (i suppose 270 students + M2-4s, is a lot of students to deal with...). You will also need to turn in a physical form (from doc) and tb test results.

Yea, I already did most all of that, and pipeline already says I'm verified, and basically I can get a lot of stafford loans. I want to accept the loans, but not in the full amount, so I'm not sure how to do that. And then I guess I have to find a lender on my own or something? I don't really know anything about what to look for, but the financial aid forum seems to suggest that Total Higher Education is a good lender to go through, so I may just take thier word for it and go with them. I think I'm going to call the financial aid office on Monday and figure out exactly what I need to do.

Do you know where to get the form for the physical?

ambrosia said:
Yea, I already did most all of that, and pipeline already says I'm verified, and basically I can get a lot of stafford loans. I want to accept the loans, but not in the full amount, so I'm not sure how to do that. And then I guess I have to find a lender on my own or something? I don't really know anything about what to look for, but the financial aid forum seems to suggest that Total Higher Education is a good lender to go through, so I may just take thier word for it and go with them. I think I'm going to call the financial aid office on Monday and figure out exactly what I need to do.

Do you know where to get the form for the physical?

did you put down your parents info? how long did it take u to get verified? I have called them twice and they keep telling me that they will have it done by the end of june... here i was accepted back in the beginning of october..

about the phyical- i contacted dawn street and she said that they are not suppoose to mail the forms, but you can pick them up at the office if u are in town. however, other people seem to be saying that they are mailing them out. dawn also said that you can just have your doctor use a generic (sports) physical form.

oldjeeps said:
Maybe I have just been lucky, but I haven’t had to come through with all of that. All that I remember having to do is FAFSA, picking a lender, and going on pipeline to accept my fin aid (might be simpler for me since I chose to not include my parents data on my FAFSA – no campus based aid for me :( ).
Don’t worry, they’ll make sure that you are informed before you need to be somewhere/do something (might be the night before, but you’ll be informed :rolleyes: ).

Thanks for the advice :) So could u summarize the process of choosing a lender?

fun8stuff said:
did you put down your parents info? how long did it take u to get verified? I have called them twice and they keep telling me that they will have it done by the end of june... here i was accepted back in the beginning of october..

about the phyical- i contacted dawn street and she said that they are not suppoose to mail the forms, but you can pick them up at the office if u are in town. however, other people seem to be saying that they are mailing them out. dawn also said that you can just have your doctor use a generic (sports) physical form.

Oh, cool, I'll probably just do the generic thing, that sounds easier.
For the financial aid thing, I did put down my parents info, and it took about 3 weeks for me to get verified.

ambrosia said:
Oh, cool, I'll probably just do the generic thing, that sounds easier.
For the financial aid thing, I did put down my parents info, and it took about 3 weeks for me to get verified.

FYI:

"Not a problem to email me with any questions. Your physician can either use a
generic physical form (sports) or you can contact the Registrar's office at 313
5771470. Because of HIPAA we don't send them from our office because students send them back to us instead of bringing them to registration.

Dawn"

Random question for you all...

Does anyone know know if Wayne State has a gym for its students?? And is it nice? I'm thinking about joining Lifetime, but I'm not sure yet if it would be worth it.
Thanks!

I plan on using the Fitness Center that's on the main camps. I haven't seen it yet, but the pictures look nice and I think most activities are free for students.

Here's the link:
http://www.rfc.wayne.edu/index.php

Soleil9 said:
I plan on using the Fitness Center that's on the main camps. I haven't seen it yet, but the pictures look nice and I think most activities are free for students.

Here's the link:
http://www.rfc.wayne.edu/index.php

Ohhh, wow, thanks! That looks way nicer than what I've had for the past 4 years! I'll probably use that as well!

Let's see....

Gym- Yes, the med students use the main campus fitness center. Your med school parking allows you to park in a garage over there and the facilities are pretty new and real nice. There is absolutely no need to be paying for Lifetime.

Lenders- Basically, you get a list of preferred lenders and decide from that. Some of them are more well known vs. others. Some have different repayment benefits, like interest rate discounts if you regularily make payments. They have fees, and some take those out of your original checks, while others plug it into the repayment. Basically, just pick one and go with it.

gbiz said:
I would definatly say its better for your career to choose WSU over MCO. I dont mean anything negative about MCO, but its just not really known. WSU isnt really known outside of the midwest, but it is known around here. It is respected around here.

hi guys,

i am a native michigander but am in philly right now. i am moving back in a couple of weeks. i am looking for housing. i was thinking about living at chatsworth towers since its not too expensive. do you guys know about chatsworth towers, is it clean, quiet, do you know if other med students live there?

i would really appreciate it if someone could help me out because i have to sign the lease soon.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know if you all got the email re: PDAs, but they sent out a link to Dell for their pockect pc - it is www.dell.com/Wayne. However, apparently the minimum specs that the university sent out were wrong, so the RAM and ROM requirements were switched - should be 128 MB ROM, and 32 MB RAM. Just an FYI

I'll post my site again becuase more people are coming to this thread.

I have some pictures I took (as well as pricing and opinions) of a bunch of downtown detroit apartments. Its pretty rough, but it should give an idea about them.

Detroit Downtown Apartments

Good luck finding places.

Hello and Welcome to Wayne State University School of Medicine,

I'm a rising MIV and have had a great experience thus far at Wayne. I've remained active in all of the classes because I know that school can get hectic and its always nice to have someone with experience to get advice from.

I just signed up today and haven't taken the time to read the entire thread and I'm a little busy right now so if you have a question or comment just repost so I can answer them.

A little background on myself: I grew up in the northern suburbs of Detroit went to Michigan and am now at Wayne. Needless to say I know the area pretty well. I currently live in the city and am a strong advocate for the city.

Current advice to everyone: Have fun before school starts....as much fun as you can because grad school is a step up from undergrad.

Good Luck and I look forward to meeting you all.

Evil X said:
A little background on myself: I grew up in the northern suburbs of Detroit went to Michigan and am now at Wayne. Needless to say I know the area pretty well. I currently live in the city and am a strong advocate for the city. I grew up privileged but have maintained humility due to my upbringing and my drive to understand and give.

This is good to hear, because I also grew up in the suburbs, and went to Michigan, so I've lived in Ann Arbor for the past 4 years. I'm planning on living in the city, mainly because I just really don't want to deal with the commute, but I am a little nervous about it, just because it will be my first time living in a city like that. Just out of curiousity, where did you live and what would you recommend? I'm looking at some apartments on the riverfront and also laffayete and windsor tower this weekend so hopefully one of those will work out well!
Thanks a lot!

ambrosia said:
This is good to hear, because I also grew up in the suburbs, and went to Michigan, so I've lived in Ann Arbor for the past 4 years. I'm planning on living in the city, mainly because I just really don't want to deal with the commute, but I am a little nervous about it, just because it will be my first time living in a city like that. Just out of curiousity, where did you live and what would you recommend? I'm looking at some apartments on the riverfront and also laffayete and windsor tower this weekend so hopefully one of those will work out well!
Thanks a lot!

I do not know windsor tower so I will not be able to comment on that location.

I lived in Trolley Plaza my first two years of medical school. I had a one bedroom at $600/mo + $60/mo(parking). It was a little on the expensive side but it was a good location and I lived on the 28th floor and was able to look into Comerica Park. I was a little isolated and knew 4-5 other students in the building. Personally, it was good for the first two years to put my nose down and grind it out in seclusion. But, from what I have seen and heard the place has gone down hill since I've left. Management changed and it was not for the better. Plus there is massive construction going on in the area for preparations for the Super Bowl so it gets a little noisey and there is no visitors parking.

Currently I live in Lafayette Towers with two roommates and I love it. I've been here for a year and have had no problems. During third year you learn more on the job instead of reading for hours on end so its nice to come home and chill with people. Plus there are around 20-30 med students in the complex. I pay 1150/mo divided by 3 and 90/mo for parking divided by 3 so a total of 412/mo for a three bedroom with a killer view of the city. People have actually used our apartment as a backdrop for a movie. There is visitor's parking available. Security has not been an issue. School is about 5-7 minutes away.

Riverfront: I took a look at it when I first started. It is really nice and has a great view of the River and Windsor but the rent is a little more expensive. I don't know the current figures. Security is quite tight. Visitor's partking is available. There are probably as many or a little bit more med students who live there. I have heard some rumors that they are converting some of the units into condos. School is about 7-10 minutes away.

Other places you may want to look into are Millender Center and Lafayette Pavillion.

You have to be comfortable and happy with where you live because added stress is the last thing you want.

Happy hunting.

If anyone's interested, we (two rising fourth-years pending an OSCE this weekend) have a room opening up in our townhouse in Saint Clair Shores as soon as August or as late as November 2005. ~$325/month, e-mail me at [email protected] with questions or specifics. Congrats to all of you on choosing Wayne, it's an experience. :D

[QUOTE='86 LeBaron]If anyone's interested, we (two rising fourth-years pending an OSCE this weekend) have a room opening up in our townhouse in Saint Clair Shores as soon as August or as late as November 2005. ~$325/month, e-mail me at [email protected] with questions or specifics. Congrats to all of you on choosing Wayne, it's an experience. :D[/QUOTE]

haha... i like how u said, "it's an experience", w/o saying whether it was bad or good...

i'm from Grand Rapids (west michigan) and just found an apt in downtown detroit. i thought about living in one of the suburbs, but i just don't want to spend so much time communting in rush-hour traffic.
the place i'll live is very, very secure (definitely not in ghetto where wayne is located). it's on the river, is a gated community, with security points at the main entrance (the gate) & each of the buildings. plus, a security alarm system is in every apartment. i feel very comfortable about moving there and it's only 10 minutes from campus (with NO highway driving). :)

rae

i'm also from westside... muskegon area.

Hey how’s it going future warriors… I know a lot of you are scrambling around for housing right now, but I have another problem that I don’t think has been discussed. I was wondering what everyone is doing for a car. I am going to live with my brother next year since he bought a house in Royal Oak. Therefore, I need a car. Having cheap rent next year (I’m giving my brother 225 dollars/month including utilities) I think I would have enough in my financial aid package to either get a cheap used car or a cheap lease. GM has a discount for everyone in June, so the Pontiac G6 would be a little over 200/month for 3 years. I was wondering what everyone else had done for a car? I’m leaning toward the lease because if anything breaks it will still be covered on warranty. However, the three-year lease won’t even get me through med school and that 200 dollars a month adds up quickly.

quiksilver3 said:
Hey how’s it going future warriors… I know a lot of you are scrambling around for housing right now, but I have another problem that I don’t think has been discussed. I was wondering what everyone is doing for a car. I am going to live with my brother next year since he bought a house in Royal Oak. Therefore, I need a car. Having cheap rent next year (I’m giving my brother 225 dollars/month including utilities) I think I would have enough in my financial aid package to either get a cheap used car or a cheap lease. GM has a discount for everyone in June, so the Pontiac G6 would be a little over 200/month for 3 years. I was wondering what everyone else had done for a car? I’m leaning toward the lease because if anything breaks it will still be covered on warranty. However, the three-year lease won’t even get me through med school and that 200 dollars a month adds up quickly.

While there are some advantages to leasing, I have never been a fan of it. The main reason for that is that I have always heard (and when I did the math it was the case) that leasing is a horrible financial move.
Related to the financial issues is the fact that owning your vehicle has some benefits as well – including the freedom to make any modifications to the vehicle that you want and no limit on the number of many miles you drive (might become an issue while interviewing for residency during fourth year).
Also, something to consider is that your insurance will be most likely be higher for a leased vehicle vs. a used car. Before you go car shopping you might give your insurance company a call and get a quote for each of the cars that you are considering (helped me to save major $ by ruling out a car last time I was car shopping).

Disclaimer: I have always owned my cars, so my opinion is coming from that standpoint.

P.S. on the housing issue, I have some open bedrooms in a house I am renting in Grosse Pointe (about 15 – 20 minutes from school); if anyone would like some more information about it PM me.

quiksilver3 said:

getting a car is a bad investment no matter what, heh... no matter what it is going to depreciate in value. except when you lease, you dont get to keep what you paid for!

i really am biased though bc i have never leased a car, although my parents have leased plenty. i know my parents like it bc at the end of the 3 years or whatever, they get a new car which is what they planned on anyways. however, i think unless you have stable income, it is probably best to buy a car because you might not be able afford making payments forever. you can buy a car for $200-300/month over 2-3 years.. this is what i am doing and i will be done paying within the next year and i only have 17k miles on it... so i am fairly certain my 2003 car will last me a while longer and i will have no payments except maintenance, fuel, insurance, etc

bah...i still have not received my finanical aid package... it's been over a month since i turned things in. i have called them once a week since and still the same old, "we are really behind", blah blah... :confused:

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd post and say hello. I will be headed to Wayne this year and am definitely looking forward to meeting everyone. I am originally from Bloomfield (MI) and will probably commute this year and see how that works. Any one else commuting? If so, what are you all doing about parking during the day?

Also, has anyone received any finaid info at all??? I also turned in my stuff ages ago, and have been getting the run around. :confused:

OK here's the deal:

i finally called the finaid office yesterday to see what the delay was all about and it turned out that they claimed to have never even received my stuff!

Now, I had it sent regular USPS but I actually went in and handed it to a postal worked and had them postmark it, just to avoid the odd possibility that it gets stuck in the mailbox or something. In my opinion i think they just lost it :thumbdown: due to carelessness.

So yesterday I Fed-Exed in a whole new set of documents, and I just got a call saying that page 2 of my tax form was missing, when I proceeded to tell the woman that page one and page two were on the same page so how could it be missing (double sided printing :D ) she finally admitted that she accidently shredded the form and needed me to send it again! UGH! :eek:
At this point I'm thinking well at least it was shredded 'cause who knows where my first batch of tax forms with SSN, address, passport, and income are? I'm just hoping no one steals my (or my parents) iddentity.

bottom line: CALL AND CHECK ON THESE PEOPLE!

Scrubz67 said:
Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd post and say hello. I will be headed to Wayne this year and am definitely looking forward to meeting everyone. I am originally from Bloomfield (MI) and will probably commute this year and see how that works. Any one else commuting? If so, what are you all doing about parking during the day?

Also, has anyone received any finaid info at all??? I also turned in my stuff ages ago, and have been getting the run around. :confused:

I'll be living in Detroit, a few miles from campus, so although I won't be commuting nearly as far as you, I will be driving to classes. I actually emailed them yesterday to ask about parking, and was told that you can purchase a parking pass during orientation, so thats what I'm planning on doing. Not sure how much it costs, but hopefully no more than 400-500 dollars for the year!

Scrubz67 said:
Hi everyone!

i'll have a 20-25 mile commute from belleville... not looking forward to the driving, but i am glad that i will be living in a much better area, with better facilities, and a much better price!

Hey everyone, I was really excited about starting this August, but I recently received an offer to stay in Canada for school and made a very difficult decision to withdraw from WSU.

Hopefully someone on this board still waiting got some happy news.

ambrosia said:
I'll be living in Detroit, a few miles from campus, so although I won't be commuting nearly as far as you, I will be driving to classes. I actually emailed them yesterday to ask about parking, and was told that you can purchase a parking pass during orientation, so thats what I'm planning on doing. Not sure how much it costs, but hopefully no more than 400-500 dollars for the year!

There is a structure right across the street from school that you can access during the day. Your information is correct that it will be between 400-500 for the year(may be a little more due to inflation). With this pass you also get access to a parking structure near main campus and the Recreation and Fitness Center.

peace

so i'm not sure my parents will have the money to loan me for all of these preliminary bills that are due before financial aid come in... parking, insurance, first month rent, balh blah... did anyone put this kinda thing on a credit card? i have some money saved up, but not enough given i have had to make car payments, car insurance payments, balh blah blah....

have u guys received any mail lately from wayne? do we need any immunizations or anything? do we need to send them any of htat? i havent gotten anything in months.... does anyone have a schedule yet?

I haven’t received anything in months either. I don’t know what immunizations we need or what our schedule is. I called about the immunizations and they told me that we need the standard shots that we needed for school and I believe a hep B shot as well. I’m getting my physical this week and hopefully a hep B shot too. I’m hoping that’s all I have to do. I guess we’ll see. Wayne doesn’t seem to be that big on sending out information. I guess I’m used to Michigan who sent out letter after letter as an undergrad.

quiksilver3 said:
I haven’t received anything in months either. I don’t know what immunizations we need or what our schedule is. I called about the immunizations and they told me that we need the standard shots that we needed for school and I believe a hep B shot as well. I’m getting my physical this week and hopefully a hep B shot too. I’m hoping that’s all I have to do. I guess we’ll see. Wayne doesn’t seem to be that big on sending out information. I guess I’m used to Michigan who sent out letter after letter as an undergrad.

Seriously. This non-communication is keeping me in denial about starting school in LESS THAN 3 WEEKS!!!!!!

I got my physical last week, and told the nurse/doctor that I needed a general physical and that it would be ok to use a general sports physical form... Well, they used the MHSAA (MI high school athletic ass.) form, and it seems kind-of lame. Most of it is a sports permission form for parents to sign, while a small portion is used to indicate any health problems. Will this work? What a pain......

fun8stuff said:
have u guys received any mail lately from wayne? do we need any immunizations or anything? do we need to send them any of htat? i havent gotten anything in months.... does anyone have a schedule yet?

For what it is worth:
Before I started at WSU-SOM I was told that they tend to function under a “need-to-know” mentality. Which means you will hear nothing :mad: until they think you need to know it – which sometimes is the morning of :eek: .
I will admit that there were a few exceptions to that, but if you plan on that happening then you’ll be pleasantly surprised on the occasions when you get adequate advance notice.

As for your schedule, I think that you can plan on starting orientation on the first Monday of August, with classes starting the following Monday.

Also, do not send them any of your medical records/physical forms. Just bring copies (for them) with you to registration, that way they won’t get as much of a chance to loss them but if they truly need them you can just leave the copy with them.

One other bit of wisdom: always keep a copy of anything that you submit a hard copy of (especially class assignments). That way when they loss your stuff you won’t get burned too badly.

The MHSAA sports physical will work just fine even though it is kind of lame to use. Last year, I also brought my little book listing of all my immunizations and the sheet verifying that my ppd skin test was negative. If you are looking for a place to get your skin test, you can get it at the occupational health area at UHC for $15. I made sure I had copies of everything because as was said before, Wayne holds no responsibility for losing things. They are gunhoe about charging $180 for anyone who has not had or started the HepB series yet so either start the series before registration or bite the bullet.

Hope that helps!

so u guys all have your pda's already? i heard from a few friends at wayne that the pda's really arent that necessary for the first 2 years, and that if we bought them now, they would be outdated by yrs 3&4. i was kind of holding off, but now i ran acrossed a good deal....

oldjeeps said:
For what it is worth:
Before I started at WSU-SOM I was told that they tend to function under a “need-to-know” mentality. Which means you will hear nothing :mad: until they think you need to know it – which sometimes is the morning of :eek: .
I will admit that there were a few exceptions to that, but if you plan on that happening then you’ll be pleasantly surprised on the occasions when you get adequate advance notice.

As for your schedule, I think that you can plan on starting orientation on the first Monday of August, with classes starting the following Monday.

Also, do not send them any of your medical records/physical forms. Just bring copies (for them) with you to registration, that way they won’t get as much of a chance to loss them but if they truly need them you can just leave the copy with them.

One other bit of wisdom: always keep a copy of anything that you submit a hard copy of (especially class assignments). That way when they loss your stuff you won’t get burned too badly.

haha... thanks for the advice!

I know this was probably discussed before but I was curious what lender everyone chose? … because there doesn’t seem to be that big of a difference.

… and to go along with fun8stuff's post, I was also wondering if we really needed the PDA for year one?

Hey guys. Congrats to all of you who r in med school and good luck to those trying to get in. I will be applying to WSU this year and had a few questions.

Does WSU prefer instate students?

What kind of questions did they ask you during the interview?

How much does extra curricular matter at Wayne state?

Thanks in advance.

medstu2006 said:
Hey guys. Congrats to all of you who r in med school and good luck to those trying to get in. I will be applying to WSU this year and had a few questions.

Does WSU prefer instate students?

What kind of questions did they ask you during the interview?

How much does extra curricular matter at Wayne state?

Thanks in advance.

1) they accept more instate applicants than out of state. see their website for details.
2) Past Interiew Questions: http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview/interview_read.asp
3) ECs matter a good amount, the most important being clinical experience and research. There is no objective way to know this, but if you read their site they tell a great deal about what kind of ECs are favorable.

In regards to the administrative inefficiency at Wayne, it works both ways. You can get away with a lot of stuff too. I know someone who didn't even pay tuition until May. So, don't get too stressed out, you will know if they really need something.

is anyone going to that pre-orientation day on the 29th?

raeshine said:
is anyone going to that pre-orientation day on the 29th?

what is "pre-orientation day"? Is that something new this year? I do not recall hearing anything about such a think a year ago.

If you are thinking to show up to register during "regular registration" (vs. the early registration that some of us did after our last exam a couple of months ago) for second year's I do not think that they'll let you do that.

oldjeeps said:
what is "pre-orientation day"? Is that something new this year? I do not recall hearing anything about such a think a year ago.

If you are thinking to show up to register during "regular registration" (vs. the early registration that some of us did after our last exam a couple of months ago) for second year's I do not think that they'll let you do that.
I think they are referring to the Study workshop on July 29. Apparently some people got an email while others didn't. I didn't set the email, Rut I worid like to go..

Dear Class of 2009,

During Orientation Week, there will be parties organized for ya'll. Please take advantage of this opportunity to meet your classmates and to explore your new surroundings. You'll be around the area for 4 years so get comfortable right off the bat. Plus you don't really need to full consciousness for orientation.

Welcome to Detroit.

just sitting in orientation .. so do u guys find this as exciting as me?