Wayne State University PharmD 2010-2011 Application Cycle (For fall 2011)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think that's a great idea! Did someone already contact Tamra about it? Happy Saturday!

I didn't contact Tamra. I didn't want to do so in case somebody had an objection. I can send her an email Monday morning if you want.

Members don't see this ad.

Sure that sounds good! We've just started our second page of posts in the forum :) Haha....

congrats to those accepted. i plan to apply to wayne if i decide to stay in state. its only 10 minutes away from home too, im seriously considering it. right now im focusing on getting into msu.

Members don't see this ad :)
I added myself as well. I see all of us from Group A got accepted:cool:

Hey everyone that got accepted to wayne state and congrats!!!!!! I just recived an interview and was wondering if anyone has advice for me and what the interview entails?? Thanksss

Hey everyone that got accepted to wayne state and congrats!!!!!! I just recived an interview and was wondering if anyone has advice for me and what the interview entails?? Thanksss

Congrats on the interview. It is very straightforward. There are 3 main parts:

1. Essay: 30 minutes, likely some sort of ethical question
2. Individual interview with 2 faculty members: 30 minutes, generally basic questions. Tell me about yourself, why Pharmacy, why Wayne State, etc...
3. Facility tour with P3 or P4 student.

You will also get a chance to meet with an academic advisor. This person will give you a one page summary assessment of your pre-reqs so you will leave the interview knowing exactly what courses Wayne State says you must complete to start the program. This is great. I did not get something like this during other interviews.

You will have alot of time to ask current students questions. A P4 also gave an overview of the curriculum.

Good Luck!!

hey blondy i got accepted at Wayne and the interview was so much more laid back and stress free than U of M. I'm sure you will get in and the best thing was that they send the acceptance email after only one week. Pretty good since Wayne is known for dragging things forever. Good Luck

congrats on the interview. can u tell me when Wayne state received ur application?

I got an interview too! January 19 at 12:30! AHHHHHH I'm so excited!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
also, they got my app on 12/20/10... I'm really surprised I heard back from them so fast. Yaaayyyyy I can't wait to find out if I get in!

Hey guys, I got my interview on 19th too.. i am really excite about it.
Can we have any feedbacks about the interview?
Thanks !!

To those who have interview on Jan 19 @ 12:30, let me know if you'd like to carpool or a pickup and split the cost. PM me :)

I am taking the PCAT in july and then applying to pharmacy school this summer 2011. I go to MSU and I went to a pre-pharm counselor today and she told me that I can't apply to Wayne State unless I have all my prerequisites done beforehand. The only prerequisite I still need to complete for Wayne would be one semester of physiology. I thought I would be able to take that in Fall 2011 until she told me this.

I am hoping that this information isn't true. Help please :scared:

I am taking the PCAT in july and then applying to pharmacy school this summer 2011. I go to MSU and I went to a pre-pharm counselor today and she told me that I can't apply to Wayne State unless I have all my prerequisites done beforehand. The only prerequisite I still need to complete for Wayne would be one semester of physiology. I thought I would be able to take that in Fall 2011 until she told me this.

I am hoping that this information isn't true. Help please :scared:

It sounds like you are planning to apply this year to start the program in fall 2012. If this is the case, your plan is fine. WSU requires that science prereqs be completed by May of the year you start the program. Non-science prereqs need to be completed by August.

It sounds like you are planning to apply this year to start the program in fall 2012. If this is the case, your plan is fine. WSU requires that science prereqs be completed by May of the year you start the program. Non-science prereqs need to be completed by August.

Thats exactly right... thanks so much for the quick reply hillwilliam.

Yes, good job hillwilliam! That rumor is also going around WSU. It would have taken forever to start the program if I had to have all of the pre-reqs completed prior to applying! I'm glad that it is in fact false. Best wishes PauliReiz!

A few P1's are still finishing up non-science prereqs this semester...if that helps anyone.

i recieved an interview invite today :):) they gave me 2 options jan 31st and feb. 8th. do u guys think that my chanced of getting accepted r better if i interview earlier??

Wow, that is surprising. Did they have to request a special exception to get that?

They told me that the gen ed requirements (like the computer literacy or culture courses) just need to be completed before you can start your P2 year.

i recieved an interview invite today :):) they gave me 2 options jan 31st and feb. 8th. do u guys think that my chanced of getting accepted r better if i interview earlier??

Yes, Wayne State rolls their admissions. With each interview date that passes, more seats are filled.

They told me that the gen ed requirements (like the computer literacy or culture courses) just need to be completed before you can start your P2 year.

I would rather have them finished then have to do with them during the first year.

Yes, Wayne State rolls their admissions. With each interview date that passes, more seats are filled.
unfortunately the jan 31st date filled up already :/ so i am signed up for the feb. 8th interview now. i guess my chances r slimmer now

I have my interview tomorrow ( 13 Jan, 2011). I hope that I will hear back from WSU within one week too just like those whose interviews were in Dec.

Wish we all get in! Good luck everyone.

unfortunately the jan 31st date filled up already :/ so i am signed up for the feb. 8th interview now. i guess my chances r slimmer now

Well, earlier is better, but don't worry. A P1 posted awhile back that they had 7 interview dates scheduled this year, so I would guess you are still pretty early in the process.

Good luck, zenta! I remember we communicated this summer and I know you want to go to WSU very badly :) Be yourself and everything will go as it should.

I have my interview tomorrow ( 13 Jan, 2011). I hope that I will hear back from WSU within one week too just like those whose interviews were in Dec.

Wish we all get in! Good luck everyone.

Good Luck for your interview !! I hope it goes well

Thanks a lot for wishing me good luck! :)
The interview was good and everyone was very nice to us.

I'm so glad! You'll hear from the admissions committee via email when they make their decision :) I was kind of expecting a phone call but an email certainly made my day. It came exactly one week to the day around noon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for those of you who interviewed today!

Hey Zenta,
What did you have to write for your essay part? My interview is next Wednesday. Thks:)

Hey Zenta,
What did you have to write for your essay part? My interview is next Wednesday. Thks:)

Hi,
I don't think you have to worry about the writing. It's nothing like PCAT assay or those from other tests. Also, each row I believe we had 5 different questions.

When you got your acceptance email, did it say anything about the background check?

How long did it take the school to check your background? I hope I will hear back from WSU within one week. Waiting is just so hard now. I can't focus on my winter semester anymore.....:(

I was accepted at Mercer University in Atlanta, Georgia prior to being accepted at WSU. I received the background check email shortly after being accepted there. I believe it will come shortly after you are accepted at WSU. It's very simple....try not to stress over it. It took three business days for them to complete it and it was "free" or should I say included in the hefty price tag we paid to e-submit on PharmCAS :D. Basically it asked for your SSN, DOB, name, any and all previous addresses you've had, etc.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Keep us all updated!

When you got your acceptance email, did it say anything about the background check?

How long did it take the school to check your background? I hope I will hear back from WSU within one week. Waiting is just so hard now. I can't focus on my winter semester anymore.....:(

:D I got my acceptance email on Friday around noon too! Yeah I am very happy to be your classmate next fall. See everyone at WSU.

:D I got my acceptance email on Friday around noon too! Yeah I am very happy to be your classmate next fall. See everyone at WSU.

Hey, after your interview did you get any Thank you email for interviewing at wsu ? Thanks &
Congratulations on your acceptance !!

Hey, after your interview did you get any Thank you email for interviewing at wsu ? Thanks &

I did not. I got the congratulatory email one week after the interview....but nothing before or after that. I did receive an official letter of admission in the mail that also specified details regarding the $1,000.00 deposit to secure my spot in the program.

So has anyone recieved an invite to interview at Wayne later than Feb 9th date? I've got an interview with Michigan but I am starting to get nervous that Wayne isn't gonna happen.

I was very nervous and I did forget to ask for thier contacts. So no , I didn't send anything to them, although I really wish I did. They were so nice to me. I really liked them a lot!

So has anyone recieved an invite to interview at Wayne later than Feb 9th date? I've got an interview with Michigan but I am starting to get nervous that Wayne isn't gonna happen.

I am not very sure about that, but based on previous posts for this year and some years ago, I think it is true.
Hope it somehow helps you

The remaining interview dates are Jan. 31, Feb. 8, Feb. 17, and Feb. 24 with 2 sessions each of those days. There is definitely still time for Wayne to send you an interview invite!!

I had my interview yesterday. I think it went really well and there's no way I could have done better, IMO...but I thought it was odd that they really didn't ask me structured questions!

I walk in there and the first thing they say is, "So you want to be a pharmacist?" And I went on answering that and they sort of built off what I said and we had more of a discussion than a question-answer format.

They also didn't write anything down during my interview...:confused: Should I be anxious about this or is that a good thing?! Anyone else have interviews like that??

I had my interview yesterday. I think it went really well and there's no way I could have done better, IMO...but I thought it was odd that they really didn't ask me structured questions!

I walk in there and the first thing they say is, "So you want to be a pharmacist?" And I went on answering that and they sort of built off what I said and we had more of a discussion than a question-answer format.

They also didn't write anything down during my interview...:confused: Should I be anxious about this or is that a good thing?! Anyone else have interviews like that??

I don't recall either interviewer taking notes during my interview and I was accepted back in December.

@hillwilliam: how long before you heard back? By e-mail or U.S. mail? Thanks. :D