• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

We did it!!!! Aahhhh!!!!

HurricaneKatt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Okay I needed my own thread for this, sorry. :p My Significant Other and I just got our acceptance calls for WWAMI!!!! Not only did we finally get in, but we got in together! To our Top Choice! I CAN be done! Ahhh! I just started bawling after I hung up the phone I was so happy. Thanks to everyone at SDN for helping me through the last 6 years! Especially the Lounge Crew!!!!

:biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

Upvote 0

Sidereum

Nov 14, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
Okay I needed my own thread for this, sorry. :p My Significant Other and I just got our acceptance calls for WWAMI!!!! Not only did we finally get in, but we got in together! To our Top Choice! I CAN be done! Ahhh! I just started bawling after I hung up the phone I was so happy. Thanks to everyone at SDN for helping me through the last 6 years! Especially the Lounge Crew!!!!

Congrats!:D:D:D

Upvote 0
About the Ads

as1212559

May 11, 2012
  1. Medical Student
Word man. My S/O is a year ahead of me. She ended up going to an oos state school that takes like a dozen people from oos each year. She was a more competitive applicant than me too. The days on which I got an interview and an acceptance at her school this year were two of the best days of my life. Couldn't beat the smile off my face.

You both deserve the feeling. Relish your hard work paying off.

Upvote 0

Congrats!

:hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy:
:hardy::hardy::hardy:
:hardy::hardy:
:hardy:

Upvote 0
About the Ads

HurricaneKatt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Word man. My S/O is a year ahead of me. She ended up going to an oos state school that takes like a dozen people from oos each year. She was a more competitive applicant than me too. The days on which I got an interview and an acceptance at her school this year were two of the best days of my life. Couldn't beat the smile off my face.

You both deserve the feeling. Relish your hard work paying off.

Congrats to you too! :love:

Thanks guys! I have been SO stressed out about this. Applying to medical school is stressful enough on it's own, then add trying to get in with your SO and it just amplifies the stress by infinity. Today is without a doubt, the Best day of my life. Ever. :soexcited: :biglove: I am so ecstatic and relieved and..there just really aren't words big enough!

Upvote 0

Black Mamba24

Ball is Life
10+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2011
The Gym
  1. Fellow [Any Field]

I believe THIS is the thread you are looking for.

Congrats! :thumbup::D

Upvote 0

911 Turbo

middle schooler aspiring doctor
Removed
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2010
mars
  1. Medical Student
Yea the lounge sucks. It's a huge spam forum and when I went in there to spam stuff everyone wanted me to get banned.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Yeah nicknaylor put it the best way:

Most of the posts consist of unfunny things, lots of inside jokes, and trolling of new people they haven't accepted as "regulars." It's really pretty stupid.

Upvote 0
About the Ads

kgpremed11

Removed
Aug 25, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
Yeah, I was aware that the lounge is an unsightly place to "hang out". Preallo works for me.

I asked a question in the lounge " do doctors have to constantly kiss nurses butts" and everyone was saying "oh my god ban this guy" then I would see threads like " ask a girl who's butt naked anything." But they wanted me banned.

Upvote 0

airplanes

10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2008
Miramar
  1. Attending Physician
Congrats HK! You should post in the lounge so everyone else from back in the day can celebrate with you,

Not that we want any of you to come back anyways but here goes:

**** the lounge, I can't think of a more unsupportive place in all of sdn tbh.

Come in acting like a dbag and everyone's gonna treat you like a dbag :idea:

Yea the lounge sucks. It's a huge spam forum and when I went in there to spam stuff everyone wanted me to get banned.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

:laugh: Actually only one of the threads is for spam. You went and did a post pad in every single thread. Try doing that here and see what kind of response you get

I asked a question in the lounge " do doctors have to constantly kiss nurses butts" and everyone was saying "oh my god ban this guy" then I would see threads like " ask a girl who's butt naked anything." But they wanted me banned.

Your feels. They must ache so hard because no one took your question seriously. :cry:

Upvote 0

airplanes

10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2008
Miramar
  1. Attending Physician
lmao

don't worry dude, no one wants to go back to a subforum filled with weird trolls who have personality disorders

:laugh:

You're right, you'd much rather debate med school prestige and DO vs MD.:thumbup:

Nice upgrade from hdsdn premed to resident. Had not heard of that SMP yet.

Upvote 0

911 Turbo

Removed
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2010
mars
  1. Medical Student
:laugh:

You're right, you'd much rather debate med school prestige and DO vs MD.:thumbup:

Nice upgrade from hdsdn premed to resident. Had not heard of that SMP yet.

5qe5n.gif

I'd rather debate DO vs. MD in pre allo any day than go into a forum where it seems that being socially awkward is a requirement for acceptance. lolz

"Nice upgrade from hdsdn premed to resident. Had not heard of that SMP yet."

lol? nice edit. were you trying to insult me with this? do you think I put my status as resident in the hopes that people would actually think I was a resident? herp derp

Upvote 0

A Nony Mouse

Aug 12, 2012
  1. Medical Student

Thanks guys! I have been SO stressed out about this. Applying to medical school is stressful enough on it's own, then add trying to get in with your SO and it just amplifies the stress by infinity. Today is without a doubt, the Best day of my life. Ever. :soexcited: :biglove: I am so ecstatic and relieved and..there just really aren't words big enough!

CONGRATZ! I can 100% empathize. I completely freaked out when I realized my boyfriend and I both got into Chicago schools :)

Upvote 0

airplanes

10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2008
Miramar
  1. Attending Physician
do you think I put my status as resident in the hopes that people would actually think I was a resident? herp derp

Who knows? who cares? I don't know you so ill go ahead and assume the worst.

Sorry your feels and ego were hurt in the lounge. Better luck next time.

Upvote 0
About the Ads

911 Turbo

Removed
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2010
mars
  1. Medical Student
Sorry your feels and ego were hurt in the lounge. Better luck next time.

stop thinking that anyone outside of the lounge actually cares about it in a good way. :laugh:

There won't be a next time, because I won't go in the lounge, because I don't want to. Is that too hard to understand for you?

Upvote 0

Pattycake25

7+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2011
  1. Medical Student

Awwww, that's awesome, congrats! And thanks for sharing with us, so we can celebrate with you!!

Upvote 0

kami333

10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2007
  1. Medical Student
Congratulations!

My SO and I also applied this year and got into the same school too, it was a huge relief since neither of us were hugely competitive. Now we just need to decide if we should stick with it or wait on our waitlist schools.

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.