Weight loss in update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoSteelers96

Reaction score
Hi all. I’m going to be sending in an update letter to a school that I’m waitlisted at soon. I’m wondering if it would be appropriate to include my weight loss/weight training/diet in the letter?

Since June, I’ve lost 20 lbs through weight training, diet, and consistent walking. It’s been a big part of my gap year and this is a lifestyle change I plan to continue throughout my life. It’s taken a lot of work, dedication, and time to meal prep and fit in all of the exercise throughout my week while working full time and volunteering. Do you think I should include it? If I do, can I include a picture of my progress?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all. I’m going to be sending in an update letter to a school that I’m waitlisted at soon. I’m wondering if it would be appropriate to include my weight loss/weight training/diet in the letter?

Since June, I’ve lost 20 lbs through weight training, diet, and consistent walking. It’s been a big part of my gap year and this is a lifestyle change I plan to continue throughout my life. It’s taken a lot of work, dedication, and time to meal prep and fit in all of the exercise throughout my week while working full time and volunteering. Do you think I should include it? If I do, can I include a picture of my progress?
No

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would see what an adcom says but everything about this seems like a no

Reactions: 1 users

No, no, no

Reactions: 5 users
Whoever said there are no dumb questions....

I'm just gonna leave it there