Weirdest attire choices observed during your interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Suits can be cheap and still pass muster.

Seriously, the day after I paid $400 at Jos A Bank for a cheap suit I saw one in Wal Mart for $80. It looked the same to me. I am an engineer, and not very fashion forward, but still!! At my interviews, most peeps have had wrinkled suits anyways because they are trying to get off the plane and come straight to the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Men's Wearhouse has suits for about 250 that look great. For another 30 bucks they tailor it perfectly to you. Its well worth the investment.

I got a $300 ralph lauren (sp?) suit from my cousin for free and spent 60 bucks to tailor it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Picked mine out for $150 at Sears.

personally got a 300 dollar suit for 90 at Mens Warehouse... Parents had a boatload of coupons sitting around.

This one girl at my interview wore really really tight and really really short skirt...she was very very hot brunette.

Luckily she wasn't wearing underwear :)eek: ) so we fu**ed in the bathroom (back side attack).

:cool:

This one girl at my interview wore really really tight and really really short skirt...she was very very hot brunette.

Luckily she wasn't wearing underwear :)eek: ) so we fu**ed in the bathroom (back side attack).

:cool:

This would be more impressive if you hadn't already admitted in another thread that you've never even kissed a girl.:rolleyes:

This would be more impressive if you hadn't already admitted in another thread that you've never even kissed a girl.:rolleyes:

I'm going to call an ambulance, because someone just got a 3rd degree BURN!!! :laugh:

skin-burn.gif

At my UTSW interview, there was this girl with blonde hair who wore a pink blouse (? i'm thinking of the button up shirts girls wear?) and really tight, black pants. Anyways, during the tour (and I'm sure during her interview), her bare midriff was showing and all the guys in my tour group (myself included) were eyeing it. It was a bit white-trashy, but I have to admit, staring at this as well as her nice butt the entire tour was definitely pleasing. :)

From my interview days: At Northwestern, I interviewed with a girl who spent the morning mincing about in a pair of teetering stillettos. That was amusing enough, but the best was when, during the tour, she reached into her massive purse, pulled out a pair of flip-flops, put them on, and dumped the heels in her purse. I was like, wtf?

From my interviewing days: this only sort-of counts, because it wasn't really want the interviewee was wearing, it was her accessory. She brought her mother to the interview. Well, I'm sure the mother didn't accompany her daughter to the actual interview, but this was when everyone was sitting right outside the office of admissions, waiting for us student interviewers to get out of class so we could do our interviews. I really wasn't expecting a parent to be *that* involved. I actually thought the mother was an interviewee; she was older, sure, but she was dressed in a red suit, and I thought, maybe she's just trying to be different. But no, when we did introductions, she was all, "I'm Mom," and smiled at her daughter. I was pretty floored.

And lastly, a tip to all of you who are jet-setting your way into medical school: if your suit is wrinkled and you don't have a steamer on hand, hang it up in the bathroom while you shower. If your suit is wool (or even if it's polyester), the steam will relax the fabric and the wrinkles will fall out.

Members don't see this ad :)

Some one call the cops because he got "al capOWNED":laugh:

Seriously, the day after I paid $400 at Jos A Bank for a cheap suit I saw one in Wal Mart for $80. It looked the same to me. I am an engineer, and not very fashion forward, but still!! At my interviews, most peeps have had wrinkled suits anyways because they are trying to get off the plane and come straight to the interview.

Ok, the way to avoid WRINKLING is to buy 100% wool suits, and it should be a nice wool... no, not wool flannel, but actual wool. Try to crumple it in the store in your hand, and when you uncrumple, there should be no wrinkles. That's wool that packs really well = no wrinkles.

The biggest faux pas I saw here was a guy wearing WHITE SPORTS SOCKS with his suit... gross. I just wanted to waitlist him then and there! :laugh:

I've been on a few interviews...

I saw one guy bring his brother. That was pretty interesting. He looked just like another applicant. But he just hung out with the group for the rest of the day.

Again, there's the guy that tries to slide by wearing only a blazer and tie... Don't do this. You can spring for the suit. It costs as much as an interview, and you'll use it for all of them. It'll make you look like a professional. Everyone's wearing them anyway, you don't want to look like you don't respect the school.

I saw one guy that wore slacks and a white, button-up shirt. I figured the airline lost his luggage. But then he introduced himself and it turned out he was from the area... no one could be that clueless, could they :confused:

Well I saw two brothers, happened to be fraternal twins, who both spoke with a heavy heavy accent, and they were wearing the SAME exact thing from tie, to shoes. It was kind of eerie to say the least.

Obligatory photo of Ally McBeal. I hereby dub thee with SDN's "Phrase of the Day" award.

Thank you for the honor...because I blatantly lied and made that term up on the fly. I never actually used that until my fingers typed it. ;)

I really feel disadvantaged when it comes to cheap suits. I am 6'5" and they just don't assume too often that people my height wear suits I guess. I do get lots of discounts at men's warehouse though so maybe it works out in the end....Still cost me around 500 for my "cheap" suit. With the shoes, shirts, and a few ties (I like to splurge a little on the ties) it was another 250 bucks. I had to special order the frickin shoes too though.

I saw one guy that wore slacks and a white, button-up shirt. I figured the airline lost his luggage. But then he introduced himself and it turned out he was from the area... no one could be that clueless, could they :confused:

i figure some proportion of applicants don't seek advice from sdn, books, or other pre-med resources, and interview invites don't tell them how they should dress.

i figure some proportion of applicants don't seek advice from sdn, books, or other pre-med resources, and interview invites don't tell them how they should dress.

A lot of people have less than helpful premed advisers (or no premed adviser at all)... It may not be obvious to people that in that case they should seek help from a career services adviser or other outside sources.

i wonder if the people who wear slutty clothes or t-shirts or whatever actually get in. i bet some do.