Welcome to the Veterans Benefits Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN

Welcome to SDN
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This forum serves as a discussion base for veterans and specific military benefits.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
To start this off, I’ll insert a basic definition - terminology facts sheet many of us have used over the past few years:

Veterans, the GI Bill (Ch 30 and 33), and Vocational Rehabilitation (Ch 31)

These benefits change overtime due to coverage and cut-backs but the first presentation of this thread started by @MusicDOc124 I think will be a good foundation as we add to the changes starting and being implemented by Jan - 2019 concerning Montgomery / Post 9-11 / Voc - Rehab Benefits.

I’ll try to update this week of new changes pertaining to Voc-Rehab that I’m currently assessing with a liaison counselor while exiting active duty service. Any other questions or concerns are more than welcome as I start stating and asking questions myself due to receiving my own unfit Memorandum from the armed forces and proceed utilizing my benefits for my healthcare program.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm wondering if we should perhaps include chapter 35 (dependents education and assistance) here as well? Chapter 35 is technically part of the VR & E program and I know of many premeds at the undergrad level that are using these benefits and this might be a good place to help facilitate the utilization of those benefits. Another suggestion would be a state benefit superthread for things such as Hazelwood or the Ohio GI promise (if only to at least provide links to official sites for those programs).

I’ve considered how to express outlier benefits on here such as Hazelwood (and the like) for specific state bound veterans.

Likewise survival benefits as well. Although not as common, I’m trying to update our “FAQ stickies” to see how it can be simplified on the forum. Reddit is to scattered and the VA sites sometimes have Loop-holes no one would know about unless we experienced it.

I’d definitely be on board to include survivor benefits and additional aids (ie Hazelwood and Ohio GI promise). Even if it’s a simple link

Reactions: 1 user