Well I just ruined my life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Clearly he is not responding.This is what we all get for for wasting our time on SDN thinking about this troll. I once said something facetious to him because I was sick and tired of his trolling and got a month of probation for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Clearly he is not responding.This is what we all get for for wasting our time on SDN thinking about this troll. I once said something facetious to him because I was sick and tired of his trolling and got a month of probation for it.
that would be the greatest troll of all time. not answering after building up 2 years worth of suspense. its pure troll genius.

Reactions: 6 users
that would be the greatest troll of all time. not answering after building up 2 years worth of suspense. its pure troll genius.
The long con

Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hes out there, he posted in Febuary, so its not like he long forgot about SDN. Probably laughing it up about this thread right now. Or he is SOAPing like crazy (although how if his stories legit, dude will get something).

Reactions: 1 user
20 years ago I would have said go Caribbean over DO if it's SGU/Ross/AUC. These days though, it is a fool's bargain.

Probably would have said DO, knowing what I know. If it was 30 years, then I would agree with you (mainly cuz, I don't like doing two separate sets of exams).

Reactions: 4 users
Mods have this power.

But I’m not telling you guys ;)

Will we ever find out if/what he matched??? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF!
DRAMAAABALLLZZZ!!!

A 222. Wanted to do ENT, I'll be lucky get my MD and match anything now. Actually I don't even deserve to match. I really did give this is my all, I really did. Completed all of Uworld (73% percentile), multiple times I did Pathoma, multiple times I did Sketchy, multiple times I did FA. And for what? A failure. That's all I am in life, a failure. I wish I could give you guys advice on how to study for Step, but you don't want mine. I was a very strong applicant to medical school in every regard, but my low 30s MCAT held me back then. I had to explain myself on every interview. Luckily one good school gave me a chance. In retrospect they shouldn't have. I disgraced my med school, my family, and most of all myself.

I did well the first two years. I have 5 first author publications (real publications, not that case report crap), 7 poster/oral presentations. All that time I spent, all for nothing. Well I take that back, at least I hope it helps the field, the field I'm never going to be a part of. And that's the hardest part, I never will be a part of the field because I just can't take a freaking standardized test to save my life. The best part is that I have an oral presentation on my research at a meeting coming up in a couple of months. I have to figure out how to pull myself together to give this talk to a bunch of academic ENTs, because deep down inside I just feel embarrassed now. Just so embarrassed. I'm even embarrassed to talk to my mentor anymore. The supportive 4th years and residents told me that you aren't your score, but God knows that's just how I (and every residency program) am going to see myself for the next two years. It was the same way with my MCAT score (everything else was good, actually great...but that score defined me and now this score defines me). I purposely never met with my program director here to show interest just in case this happened, and well, it happened.

If I could just give any advice to any 1st or 2nd years reading this (especially if you struggled with standardized tests like I have my whole life), try your hardest. The test is difficult especially if you are stupid like me or aren't a good test taker like me. You don't want to be as broken apart as I am right now. I'm going to keep trying hard on my rotations to honor them and keep writing papers, but I know in my heart that I just ruined my life, plain and simple.
You’d be a dream to work with on long, stressful cases.

When I open my envelope tomorrow my first thought will be "I wonder what failedatlife is doing right now..."

Reactions: 32 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Leave him alone guys. He just wants a "blue-eyed, blonde, bombshell gf."

Leave him alone guys. He just wants a "blue-eyed, blonde, bombshell gf."
But you have to be at least 6'1'' with a 250 step 1 for that . He's neither and I think he has come to terms with that. Congrats on matching too.

Reactions: 7 users
everytime this thread is bumped my heart skips a beat thinking @failedatlife has returned.

Reactions: 16 users
He has no recent activity. I’ve accepted that he’s not coming back. I choose to believe that he matched ent and is living happily ever after.
I wonder if he gets emails if someone PMs him.

Reactions: 1 users
Let's contact the NRMP.
They are publishing charting outcomes this year, so he should show up like a sore spot with the 222 in the match data for ENT. It is just going to take some time , and we want instant gratification.

Reactions: 13 users
Assessment: 26 y/o male with a hx of persistent pessimistic disorder in the setting of a severely subpar step 1 score who applied for an ENT residency position is failing to disclose his match results.

#no-show on the official failedatlife forum after match notifications emailed.
Could be due to: embarrassment that he successfully matched after 2 years of complaining. this is the leading diagnosis.
cannot rule out embarrassment that he didn't match, although this is less likely given his history of promulgating his failures.
can't miss diagnoses include "the long con troll" and death, although I'm not sure how we can rule these in or out *defers to attending*.

#code status: DNR/DNI

Reactions: 11 users
They are publishing charting outcomes this year, so he should show up like a sore spot with the 222 in the match data for ENT. It is just going to take some time , and we want instant gratification.

No. We must have hope.
WPD7FPc.png

Reactions: 15 users
Assessment: 26 y/o male with a hx of persistent pessimistic disorder in the setting of a severely subpar step 1 score who applied for an ENT residency position is failing to disclose his match results.

#no-show on the official failedatlife thread after match notifications emailed.

Ddx:

1) Embarrassment secondary to matching after 2 years of complaining this is the leading diagnosis.

2) Can not rule out embarrassment that he didn't match, although this is less likely given his history of promulgating his failures.

3) Can’t miss diagnoses include "the long con troll" and death, although I'm not sure how we can rule these in or out *defers to attending*.

4) Of note, we can not rule out the possibility that he dual applied, received a matched email, and is choosing to update us once he knows for certain although the silence is uncharacteristic.

Recommendations: Monitor MD-Allopathic Forums q4hrs. until 8 PM on Match Day. Afterwards if no response, set a reminder to check when 2018 Charting Outcomes are published and sign off.

Thank you for allowing me to participate in the care of this pleasant Gentleman.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 users

#no-show on the official failedatlife thread after match notifications emailed.

Ddx:

1) Embarrassment secondary to matching after 2 years of complaining this is the leading diagnosis.

2) Can not rule out embarrassment that he didn't match, although this is less likely given his history of promulgating his failures.

3) Can’t miss diagnoses include "the long con troll" and death, although I'm not sure how we can rule these in or out *defers to attending*.

4) Of note, we can not rule out the possibility that he dual applied, received a matched email, and is choosing to update us once he knows for certain although the silence is uncharacteristic.

Recommendations: Monitor MD-Allopathic Forums q4hrs. until 8 PM on Match Day. Afterwards if no response, set a reminder to check when 2018 Charting Outcomes are published and sign off.

Thank you for allowing me to participate in the care of this pleasant Gentleman.

Nah man I think #2 is more likely and he can’t post because he is unfortunately scrambling :(

upload_2018-3-16_2-4-41.png

upload_2018-3-16_2-4-58.png

I just got trolled by Goro @ 0205 AM. I was so excited to go back and click too...

As a teaching moment, SDN has this function. You have to click on the person's name, and then you will see something like "_____was last seen: Today at 4:45 PM"

When I open my envelope tomorrow my first thought will be "I wonder what failedatlife is doing right now..."
I, on the other hand, have been supremely bummed that Rhabdoviridae got himself banned. @Lucca, can you please unban him just long enough to treat us to an epic meltdown?

Reactions: 5 users
I, on the other hand, have been supremely bummed that Rhabdoviridae got himself banned. @Lucca, can you please unban him just long enough to treat us to an epic meltdown?

A better use of the mods’ time would be to email @failedatlife and tell him to get his ass back here.

A better use of the mods’ time would be to email @failedatlife and tell him to get his ass back here.
Let's not argue. If the mods were compassionate, they would do both. If not, I shudder to think that such callous people could possibly work in medicine, and I bet they totally make their patients cry, too.

Reactions: 16 users
Where the hell is failedatlife I've been waiting for this day for years

Reactions: 22 users
Only 15 US seniors did not match ENT. With a research year and some good letters and enough sorrow and failure on his face someone probably took him.

Only 15 US seniors did not match ENT. With a research year and some good letters and enough sorrow and failure on his face someone probably took him.

I was under the impression that he didn't take a research year.

Cant believe NBC canceled this right before the finale