Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University - 2019 MSOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddbOT17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Has anyone sent in their application for WCU's 2019 Spring MSOT program? If so, have you heard back from them for an interview? Also, I've created this thread for anything that relates to WCU's Spring 2019 MSOT program since I haven't seen one made for it yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello ! I haven't sent the MSOT application yet but I did send the OTD application to West Coast University! Mary the OT coordinator emailed me back saying my application has met all requirements and I should be hearing no later than May for an interview. I'm assuming since the MSOT application isn't due until July invites for interviews won't be sent out until mid-July....acceptances by August most likely. I've been reading recent threads on WCU MSOT on here and that seems to be the trend. Interview invitations in July when the application closes.

Hello ! I haven't sent the MSOT application yet but I did send the OTD application to West Coast University! Mary the OT coordinator emailed me back saying my application has met all requirements and I should be hearing no later than May for an interview. I'm assuming since the MSOT application isn't due until July invites for interviews won't be sent out until mid-July....acceptances by August most likely. I've been reading recent threads on WCU MSOT on here and that seems to be the trend. Interview invitations in July when the application closes.

Thanks so much for replying! Might be a stupid question.. but did you send both the OTCAS app and WCU's supplemental app both on the same day? Asking because money is a factor for me. And how long did it take for Mary to email you after submitting?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for replying! Might be a stupid question.. but did you send both the OTCAS app and WCU's supplemental app both on the same day? Asking because money is a factor for me. And how long did it take for Mary to email you after submitting?

I did send both the OTCAS and WCU the same day actually. So i submitted my application to be verified February 26th and got an email March 5th informing me that i met all admission requirements and that I would have to wait until May to hear back for an interview/decision.

Hello! I submitted my application in January and I just received an email saying that I met requirements and emails to interview will be sent out no later than the end of July.

Hello! I submitted my application in January and I just received an email saying that I met requirements and emails to interview will be sent out no later than the end of July.

I got that too ! But i submitted my application Thursday (4/5) and got that same email that i met all requirements the next day ! (4/6) i was very suprised how fast that was

I got that too ! But i submitted my application Thursday (4/5) and got that same email that i met all requirements the next day ! (4/6) i was very suprised how fast that was
That is probably when they began sending out the notification emails. Are you applying to both OTD and MSOT?

Hi! I just received my interview date today for the DOT program. I also applied to the MSOT program but I don't expect to hear from them for that interview for a little while. Let me know if you had your interview yet I'm curious to hear about the questions and writing prompt. Best of luck!

Just received an interview invite for july 13th! Anyone else hear back?

Just received an interview invite for july 13th! Anyone else hear back?
That's awesome news, congrats and good luck!! I had JUST submitted my app today and I'm super nervous to hear back! And the waiting game begins... :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
i received an invite as well!
just curious but does anyone know if they happen to do video chat interviews?

Hi all! So I submitted my app just yesterday (4/17) and received an email from WCU today (4/18) stating that my app was received, but did not specifically say anything about the requirements being met. Did you all receive this email prior to the one about meeting the requirements?

Also, would you mind sharing why you chose to apply to both the OTD and MSOT programs? And why you would choose one over the other? Just wanted to hear others’ perspectives!

Thanks!

Hi all! So I submitted my app just yesterday (4/17) and received an email from WCU today (4/18) stating that my app was received, but did not specifically say anything about the requirements being met. Did you all receive this email prior to the one about meeting the requirements?

Also, would you mind sharing why you chose to apply to both the OTD and MSOT programs? And why you would choose one over the other? Just wanted to hear others’ perspectives!

Thanks!

I applied early in the cycle, last july, I believe. I received the notice stating that I qualified for an interview in late February and I just recently received the interview invitation. I’m not sure how far they have gotten in the MSOT interview process, but I assume that they have just started so I think you should hear back relatively quickly.

Thanks!
Hi! After I submitted my DOT app at the end of March I got an email saying I met the requirments April 5th. Followed by an interview invitation April 9th. The only other email I got prior to those was telling me to complete the supplemental application. I applied to both because I really like the school and I feel that either program would help me towards my goals. I would choose the OTD over the MOT because I think I may want to teach or start my own practice in the future. Also I think that the extra experience would really help better prepare me to start working. If I don't get into that one I'm also open to the MOT program I would just hold off and work a few years before going back to school to get my doctorates. I think its really just preference. I think if you just want to do OT and you don't want to start your own research or teach and what not then theres no reason to get your DOT. Especially with how much you have to pay to live in LA and tuition.

@JCMoT & @OT_OHIO_95 thanks for sharing! I asked about the email because it honestly got me a bit worried since no one has mentioned the one I received. The only one I got so far from them stated, “This email is to notify you that we have received your Spring 2019 MSOT program application. You will receive an application status update from our Admissions Department by the deadline.”

@JCMoT & @OT_OHIO_95 thanks for sharing! I asked about the email because it honestly got me a bit worried since no one has mentioned the one I received. The only one I got so far from them stated, “This email is to notify you that we have received your Spring 2019 MSOT program application. You will receive an application status update from our Admissions Department by the deadline.”
I received the same thing when I applied. After that email you should receives another stating that they have reviewed it and that you meet requirements. Then you will receive another one stating and interview invitation.

I applied back in January for MSOT and i received invite in beginning of April. So they just started sending invites. If you just recently sent app, yoi ahould hear back from them within the next few weeks.

Good luck!

Hi! After I submitted my DOT app at the end of March I got an email saying I met the requirments April 5th. Followed by an interview invitation April 9th. The only other email I got prior to those was telling me to complete the supplemental application. I applied to both because I really like the school and I feel that either program would help me towards my goals. I would choose the OTD over the MOT because I think I may want to teach or start my own practice in the future. Also I think that the extra experience would really help better prepare me to start working. If I don't get into that one I'm also open to the MOT program I would just hold off and work a few years before going back to school to get my doctorates. I think its really just preference. I think if you just want to do OT and you don't want to start your own research or teach and what not then theres no reason to get your DOT. Especially with how much you have to pay to live in LA and tuition.
Congrats! How did your OTD interview go?

i received an invite as well!
just curious but does anyone know if they happen to do video chat interviews?
I dont believe they do video chat interviews. Just because they have a writing portion at the end of their interview. You would have to be there to complete it. But I would email them and ask, just to confirm.

Did anyone else happen to get an interview date for the DOT program?

Does anyone have an idea of what the writing task will ask during the interview?

Does anyone have an idea of what the writing task will ask during the interview?
They expect you to write a complete essay (intro, conclusion, grammar, & spelling, etc) usually it will require you to reflect on your volunteer experience and provide concrete examples

Reactions: 1 users
Hey @OT3 ! I just got an email saying that the interview is going to be in MMI (multiple mini interview) style. Do you remember if you had to complete any scenarios like they do in med school MMI interviews? Or is it just multiple one-on-one interviews with faculty and students?

Hi, I just got an interview for May 11th as well! Eek! Can anyone give some sample interview questions or tips?

I submitted the OTCAS DOT app and WCU app the morning of 4/30 and literally got an email 2 hours later saying i got an interview! Will keep you guys updated!

Hi, I will be interviewing for WCU OTD program on 5/4 and would like to get more insight of how the interview process went for those who have gone already. Also, for those who already interviewed, would you be able to share what they asked you during the interview and what was the prompt for the essay? TIA!

Hi, I will be interviewing for WCU OTD program on 5/4 and would like to get more insight of how the interview process went for those who have gone already. Also, for those who already interviewed, would you be able to share what they asked you during the interview and what was the prompt for the essay? TIA!
Can you give any feedback I have mine the 11th of May!

Just to clarify, WCU doesnt do any rolling admissions right? I am looking that all of you guys have applied, and im planning in submitting my app in June, or hopefully by the end of May. I hope that doesn't ruin my chances. thanks for the help!

Just to clarify, WCU doesnt do any rolling admissions right? I am looking that all of you guys have applied, and im planning in submitting my app in June, or hopefully by the end of May. I hope that doesn't ruin my chances. thanks for the help!
I think you have to apply by end of May. But I'm not sure I would call or email.

We aren't allowed to talk about our interviews and I'm sure they change them up! But, for those that are interviewing the experience isn't as bad as one would think. It's a lot more easy going and conversational so be prepared to talk about yourself and ask questions.

I interviewed on May 4! How'd yours go? Do you know how long it takes to hear back from them?

I interviewed on May 4! How'd yours go? Do you know how long it takes to hear back from them?

Hi there! I emailed Mary and she said we would hear back from her early June.

Hi everyone! I interviewed May 4th for OTD too! Anyone hear back yet?

I haven't heard from them. I'm thinking about calling or emailing but not sure if I should just wait.

I interviewed on May 4th as well! I was informed that we should be hearing back by the end of the month or sometime in early June. Good luck to you all!

Hello everyone! Does anyone know if WCU does rolling admissions? I emailed Mary some questions I had about my application since the current deadline is June 19, and she mentioned that they are considering opening up the Spring 19 MSOT cycle in July until September, but it is not official yet. I just graduated from my undergrad yesterday (woo!), however I still have 6 more units pending for final grade submission. I'm worried that with grades still in progress, along with some LORs I'm waiting for, these barriers will set me back in submitting my app on time. Anyone have any advice in how I can address these issues? Thank you in advance!

Hello
To those that interviewed for the OTD program, I called Mary & she said she will be sending out decision emails tomorrow afternoon.

Hello anyone else hear back!? I just got accepted!