Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University - 2019 MSOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I was told that they will be sending out updates about acceptances mid April... such a long time to wait when I interviewed March 1st =( I can't wait to find out!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your answer sounds a lot more concrete than what I heard because all Mary emailed me was that we'll hear back sometime "next month."

I can't wait to find out either but mid-April will come by fast, I'm sure! :)

I just got my acceptance letter for the MSOT Summer 2019 Program!! I am so happy!

So I applied for the MSOT Spring 2020 and OTD Fall 2019. Aside from the interview invitation, Mary sent me a personal email if I wanted to be considered for the Summer 2019 MSOT program as well and that if I do well on my interview, I can be added to the waitlist. So I said why not, there is nothing to lose. Today, I received an acceptance letter for the program and I was so shocked!! I called Mary right away and she said that I did so well on my interview that I got the highest ranking out of all those who applied for the MSOT who wanted to be considered for the Summer 2019 program .

She said that they just finished having a meeting today for those who applied and wanted to be considered for the Summer 2019 program and that they will start having their meetings/discussions for the OTD Fall 2019 program. So, to those who applied to that program, the decisions are just around the corner! Be patient. It’s almost there :) I wish everyone the best of luck. And to those who accepted their seat for the Summer 2019 MSOT program, see you guys in a month :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance letter for the MSOT Summer 2019 Program!! I am so happy!

So I applied for the MSOT Spring 2020 and OTD Fall 2019. Aside from the interview invitation, Mary sent me a personal email if I wanted to be considered for the Summer 2019 MSOT program as well and that if I do well on my interview, I can be added to the waitlist. So I said why not, there is nothing to lose. Today, I received an acceptance letter for the program and I was so shocked!! I called Mary right away and she said that I did so well on my interview that I got the highest ranking out of all those who applied for the MSOT who wanted to be considered for the Summer 2019 program .

She said that they just finished having a meeting today for those who applied and wanted to be considered for the Summer 2019 program and that they will start having their meetings/discussions for the OTD Fall 2019 program. So, to those who applied to that program, the decisions are just around the corner! Be patient. It’s almost there :) I wish everyone the best of luck. And to those who accepted their seat for the Summer 2019 MSOT program, see you guys in a month :)
Wow congrats on getting in sooner than expected!

Just curious, why did you choose MSOT than the OTD, when you got both offers?

wow congratulations!! i didn't even know applying to both programs was an option lol. if i knew i would've done the same, but i feel like it's too late now :oops: it's okay... still waiting for a reply for the OTD interview, so good luck to us all! :happy:

Wow congrats on getting in sooner than expected!

Just curious, why did you choose MSOT than the OTD, when you got both offers?

I only got my acceptance for the Summer 2019 MSOT cohort not the Fall OTD program. Haha. Mary said they will start having meetings soon to see who of those who interviewed for OTD Fall 2019 will be receiving acceptances, waitlists, or rejects.

But if I did get an offer to both MSOT and OTD programs, I would probably still choose MSOT mainly due to financial reasons. Also MSOT is only a 2-year program. The sooner I end, the sooner I’ll get to do what I love and ultimately be able to help out my family financially.

Congrats! I will be attending the MSOT summer program as well!

Hi there!
Congratulations!
I was wondering, since you applied for both programs, did your interview count for both?

Hi there!
Congratulations!
I was wondering, since you applied for both programs, did your interview count for both?

Hello! Thank you! And yeah, I had one interview for all 3 programs :)

Hey guys!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know approx. how many people interviewed for MSOT 2020?

Hey guys!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know approx. how many people interviewed for MSOT 2020?
Im not too sure how many people interviewed for MSOT 2020 but I'll be having my interview next week, 4/12.

Did you have your interview already?

Hey guys!

When I had my interview with the OTD candidates, which was on March 22nd, I was actually overwhelmed by the amount of students invited for an interview. Lol. There were actually quite a few of us... There were about 8-9 of us in my group alone (10:30AM interviewees). I believe they also had 10AM, 11AM, 12Noon groups basing off of what people said in this forum. And I believe some OTD candidates had their interview during the first week of March!

Hey guys!

I believe they accept around 30 students for the MSOT and OTD programs, so I would assume they would interview around double or even triple the amount of students. But then again, some students who got interviewed applied for both the MSOT and OTD. When I interviewed on March 22, there was only 5 of us including myself, and 1 of the students in my group applied to both programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Made a thread for those who were following this thread but applied for the OTD program! :)

Just received an emailed acceptance letter! However, I have accepted an offer from another program so good luck to you all!!

Just received an emailed acceptance letter! However, I have accepted an offer from another program so good luck to you all!!
That's awesome! Did you interview for the MSOT or OTD program? I'm anxiously waiting for a reply

I interviewed for MSOT!
Me too! When was your interview date? Mine was April 12.

Sorry for all the questions, I want to get a sense of how and when they're emailing candidates.

Hi guys, good luck to everyone on your interviews and getting accepted into the program! I was recently admitted, but unfortunately had to drop because of health issues. I would say to all of you to not stress too much about the interview, just relax and show a positive energy, they really make it so you feel comfortable the whole time. The writing portion was not so difficult either and I don't think it matters as much as the oral portion. I have to say that I really liked the program and the cohorts seem to become like family and work together which is really nice. Specifics about the program, it is an accelerated program so you will have a lot of projects and group presentations along with exams in the quarter, so time management is a must to succeed! Anyways, I hope this info helps some of you and again good luck! and if anyone is interested I have all the books for the MSOT program, let me know if you want them.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, good luck to everyone on your interviews and getting accepted into the program! I was recently admitted, but unfortunately had to drop because of health issues. I would say to all of you to not stress too much about the interview, just relax and show a positive energy, they really make it so you feel comfortable the whole time. The writing portion was not so difficult either and I don't think it matters as much as the oral portion. I have to say that I really liked the program and the cohorts seem to become like family and work together which is really nice. Specifics about the program, it is an accelerated program so you will have a lot of projects and group presentations along with exams in the quarter, so time management is a must to succeed! Anyways, I hope this info helps some of you and again good luck! and if anyone is interested I have all the books for the MSOT program, let me know if you want them.
Hey YGC, sorry that you had to drop the program. Hopefully you feel better and can get back on track with life! Were you in the Summer 2019 Cohort? I'm interested in the books but I haven't been accepted to the program. I am pretty high on the waitlist though. There is another WCU thread on this forum that have mainly OTD students for the upcoming fall cohort. Hopefully they'll be able to use the books
Here's the link:
West Coast University - OTD Fall 2019

Hey YGC, sorry that you had to drop the program. Hopefully you feel better and can get back on track with life! Were you in the Summer 2019 Cohort? I'm interested in the books but I haven't been accepted to the program. I am pretty high on the waitlist though. There is another WCU thread on this forum that have mainly OTD students for the upcoming fall cohort. Hopefully they'll be able to use the books
Here's the link:
West Coast University - OTD Fall 2019

Hi KatOT, thank you for your well wishes, and yes I was in the summer 2019 cohort. Good luck on getting accepted, I'm sure everything will work out! Thanks for the link, and let me know when you get in for the books.

Hey all! I just accepted a seat for the MSOT Spring 2020! I'm very excited and can't wait to get started. Has anyone else from this forum been accepted and will enter into the MSOT 2020 program? I was also wondering if you know of anyone in the program looking for a future roommate??

Best of luck to you and look forward to meeting you all come January! Have a great rest of the summer.

Hey all! I just accepted a seat for the MSOT Spring 2020! I'm very excited and can't wait to get started. Has anyone else from this forum been accepted and will enter into the MSOT 2020 program? I was also wondering if you know of anyone in the program looking for a future roommate??

Best of luck to you and look forward to meeting you all come January! Have a great rest of the summer.

I just created a page for anyone who wanted to connect with other MSOT Spring 2020 students! Program-Specific Info / Q's - West Coast University MSOT Spring 2020

Hi everyone! I accepted my spot for the Spring 2020 MSOT program. As of right now, I will be commuting to campus via train from Riverside so if anyone is from the Inland Empire, let's try to commute together. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Would anyone that was accepted into the programs (either DOT or MSOT) briefly share their stats? Thank you!

PS. this is my first post on SDN... I've been reading these threads closely for the past 3 years and will finally be at a place to apply for next year's cycle! :)

Hi Pepper! I was accepted into the MSOT program for Spring 2020 and these are my stats:
Undergrad GPA: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4
Hours: 120+ hours @ a pediatric therapy clinic (specializing in hippotherapy), 100+ hours @ a skilled nursing facility
- Try to observe in different settings with different populations so they see you're open to all age groups
No personal statement for west coast application, you share your personal, professional, and educational experiences at your interview
Didn't take the GRE, but should have because other schools require them
Hope this helps, best of luck!!

Hey all! If apps for MSOT and OTD are due early 2020 (March and June), when would be a good time to submit the OTCAS app?

Hey guys! There's a facebook group for spring 2020 cohort! See you all in January! :)