General Admissions & OTCAS West Coast University Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot-4-me

Reaction score
Hello all! For those of you who submitted applications to WCU for MSOT and/or OTD, what was your timeline between submitting your application, receiving the email that you've met all the requirements, and receiving an invitation for an interview? I am dreading the wait!! :dead:

Members don't see this ad.

Really quick for me. OTCAS application verified on September 19th. Received an email from WCU to complete their supplemental app on September 20th. Not sure exactly when I submitted the supplemental app, but they sent me an interview invitation on September 23rd (for a mid November interview). I accepted and then later rescheduled to late February. I have since cancelled the interview completely because I was accepted to my top choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Really quick for me. OTCAS application verified on September 19th. Received an email from WCU to complete their supplemental app on September 20th. Not sure exactly when I submitted the supplemental app, but they sent me an interview invitation on September 23rd (for a mid November interview). I accepted and then later rescheduled to late February. I have since cancelled the interview completely because I was accepted to my top choice.

Wow that is fast! I haven't received the email informing that i've met the admission requirements yet. Do you think Mary would find it annoying if I sent her an email for an update?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that is fast! I haven't received the email informing that i've met the admission requirements yet. Do you think Mary would find it annoying if I sent her an email for an update?

I doubt she’d mind! It can’t hurt!

Hi all,

I just submitted my application for the spring 2021 start! Anyone else here in the same boat?

Hi all,

I just submitted my application for the spring 2021 start! Anyone else here in the same boat?

Hi! have you received any additional emails besides the confirmation from the supplemental application?

No, I have not received anything directly from Mary. However, I emailed her and this is what she responded with:

"Thank you for the email!

We will re-review your application in an order received and reconnect shortly."

I did not receive a confirmation of the supplemental application. Should I submit it again and print it out as a record for completing it?

I remember submitting the supplemental application but I don't remember needing to pay the $75 fee. I should contact Mary about it to make sure everything is surely submitted.

I remember submitting the supplemental application but I don't remember needing to pay the $75 fee. I should contact Mary about it to make sure everything is surely submitted.

Ohh you sent her an email asking if you've met the requirements? As for the supplemental application confirmation, try checking your spam folder. For some reason, mine ended up in there. Also, I didn't get charged for the supplemental applications until one week later.

Hello all! For those of you who submitted applications to WCU for MSOT and/or OTD, what was your timeline between submitting your application, receiving the email that you've met all the requirements, and receiving an invitation for an interview? I am dreading the wait!! :dead:
Hi! I applied for MSOT 2020 back in early September and received an email from Mary a week later saying my application was in the process of being reviewed. Mid October I got the email about having an interview in November and then got accepted mid December for the program and I accepted my seat!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I applied for MSOT 2020 back in early September and received an email from Mary a week later saying my application was in the process of being reviewed. Mid October I got the email about having an interview in November and then got accepted mid December for the program and I accepted my seat!

That's awesome!! Congrats! I actually just received my invitation on Monday for an interview!!! Do you have any tips for the interview?

Hello! I recently interviewed for MSOT summer 2020 and OTD fall 2020. I was just curious to know if anyone else has applied/interviewed for those semesters and if you’ve heard back with any news! Best of luck to everyone!!

Hello! I recently interviewed for MSOT summer 2020 and OTD fall 2020. I was just curious to know if anyone else has applied/interviewed for those semesters and if you’ve heard back with any news! Best of luck to everyone!!

Hi! I'll be interviewing for the OTD 2020 this Friday. My application was considered for the OTD program as the MSOT program is already full when I submitted mine. Do you have any tips for the interview? And how was the writing sample?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'll be interviewing for the OTD 2020 this Friday. My application was considered for the OTD program as the MSOT program is already full when I submitted mine. Do you have any tips for the interview? And how was the writing sample?
Hi what do you mean by full? I have an interview on Friday for MSOT and now I’m concerned that I’ll only be considered for waitlist??

All I can really say is be yourself and be confident! I know I was stressed and feeling intimidated but no need, all of the faculty members we’re so sweet! As far as the writing sample, I felt rushed only because you have 45 minutes with so much to say. Just be prepared to write fast! Wishing you the best of luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just want to know by msot is already full? I had an interview on Friday

Hey guys the MSOT program is not full. I emailed Mary and she said the summer program is only half full at this time.

Hey guys the MSOT program is not full. I emailed Mary and she said the summer program is only half full at this time.
Phew! That makes me so happy! Lol did she by chance mention when decisions would start rolling out?

Phew! That makes me so happy! Lol did she by chance mention when decisions would start rolling out?
I interviewed two weeks ago and asked her last Monday when we would find out about decisions. She said they’re expecting to send them in two weeks so maybe by the end of this week or next hopefully? I hate the wait lol

I interviewed two weeks ago and asked her last Monday when we would find out about decisions. She said they’re expecting to send them in two weeks so maybe by the end of this week or next hopefully? I hate the wait lol
Same lol it’s so stressful. I just interviewed this past Friday. I’m so nervous lol

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say that decision notices are out. I got accepted to the summer msot and waitlisted for fall otd!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say that decision notices are out. I got accepted to the summer msot and waitlisted for fall otd!

Congrats on your acceptance! If I may ask, when did you submit your applications for both the MSOT and OTD program? I interviewed for the fall OTD last Friday and Mary from admissions emailed me that she'll be sending out notices by the end of this month.

Congratulations!! I also received an acceptance email today from Mary for the Spring 2021 MSOT and Fall OTD programs. Did you respond to Mary's email? I know I should, I'm just not sure what to say yet lol.

Congrats
Congratulations!! I also received an acceptance email today from Mary for the Spring 2021 MSOT and Fall OTD programs. Did you respond to Mary's email? I know I should, I'm just not sure what to say yet lol.

Congrats!!! Which program are you chosing? and congrats to @OtOt98 as well!!

Congrats on your acceptance! If I may ask, when did you submit your applications for both the MSOT and OTD program? I interviewed for the fall OTD last Friday and Mary from admissions emailed me that she'll be sending out notices by the end of this month.
Thank you! I submitted my applications in November and interviewed for both two weeks ago.

Congrats to you too! I got waitlisted for OTD so I haven’t responded yet either. I have a few questions regarding the waitlist process/ accepting my seat for MSOT so I will probably call and then proceed with emailing back!

Congrats to you too! I got waitlisted for OTD so I haven’t responded yet either. I have a few questions regarding the waitlist process/ accepting my seat for MSOT so I will probably call and then proceed with emailing back!

Did you interview on 2/28? And congratulations!! I’m so happy for you !!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I'm actually not 100% sure yet and I have by this weekend to decide ahh!!

You got 99 problems but not getting accepted ain't one! ;) Ohh the timeline for accepting your seat is 4 days?

You must of killed that interview! Haha congrats girl, best of luck!

Thank you!! It was my second time applying and I was reaaally far down the waitlist last year!

Congratulations!! I am wishing you the best of luck in the MSOT/OTD program. Your hard work sure did pay off :) If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? I am extremely nervous because one of my evaluators is taking forever submitting my LOR.

Congratulations!! I am wishing you the best of luck in the MSOT/OTD program. Your hard work sure did pay off :) If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats? I am extremely nervous because one of my evaluators is taking forever submitting my LOR.
Thank you so much!! :)
My stats:

University: Cal Poly Pomona
Major: Psychology
undergrad GPA: 3.1 (retook a few classes at Mt. SAC as well and submitted both transcripts)
Last 60 units: around 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
Volunteer hours: 60+ hours outpatient rehab facility, 40+ hours pediatric rehab center, 70+ hours skilled nursing facility
Related experience: ABA therapist for a little over 2 years in center and home setting, worked as clinic assistant for optometry office, front office for oculoplastics office, high school tutor, shadowed a COTA for a few home health sessions
LORs: 2 OTs, 1 COTA, 1 boss (optometrist), 1 ABA supervisor

My stats aren't the best so I tried to make my personal statement stand out and I believe I did pretty well on the interview and essay portion! Did you submit your application already? One of my evaluators sent in my LOR after I already interviewed, I just checked in with Mary to let her know when I received it and if it can still be factored in and they took it!

Here is a Facebook group for Summer MSOT 2020 cohort!

Hi all! So I have a bit of a weird question to ask. I’ve been searching through all SDN and it seems like a decent amount of people have said that an interview is not necessary for WCU to offer admission? Does anyone know how true this information is?

Hi all! So I have a bit of a weird question to ask. I’ve been searching through all SDN and it seems like a decent amount of people have said that an interview is not necessary for WCU to offer admission? Does anyone know how true this information is?
Hi,
Yes an interview is required in order to be accepted. I had my interview back in mid November and heard back right before Christmas that I was accepted for the Summer MSOT 2020

Thank you so much!! :)
My stats:

University: Cal Poly Pomona
Major: Psychology
undergrad GPA: 3.1 (retook a few classes at Mt. SAC as well and submitted both transcripts)
Last 60 units: around 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
Volunteer hours: 60+ hours outpatient rehab facility, 40+ hours pediatric rehab center, 70+ hours skilled nursing facility
Related experience: ABA therapist for a little over 2 years in center and home setting, worked as clinic assistant for optometry office, front office for oculoplastics office, high school tutor, shadowed a COTA for a few home health sessions
LORs: 2 OTs, 1 COTA, 1 boss (optometrist), 1 ABA supervisor

My stats aren't the best so I tried to make my personal statement stand out and I believe I did pretty well on the interview and essay portion! Did you submit your application already? One of my evaluators sent in my LOR after I already interviewed, I just checked in with Mary to let her know when I received it and if it can still be factored in and they took it!

I haven't submitted my application yet. I am still waiting for the LOR. Just praying and getting through each day hoping for the best! I know a lot of facilities are closed due to COVID-19 and i was thinking maybe West Coast will be more hesitant now to conduct interviews. Have you heard anything from Mary regarding the application cycle? I know the deadline in June 12 but i am wondering how many students they have admitted thus far.

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone that interviewed on March 6th got an update about their status? I applied for Fall OTD and Spring Masters program. Thank you.

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone that interviewed on March 6th got an update about their status? I applied for Fall OTD and Spring Masters program. Thank you.

Hi. I also interviewed on March 6th for the OTD program and have not received any update yet. I emailed Mary two weeks ago and she said that she will send out notifications by the end of this month.

Hi,
Yes an interview is required in order to be accepted. I had my interview back in mid November and heard back right before Christmas that I was accepted for the Summer MSOT 2020

Congratulations on your acceptance! Thank you for replying, I figured it was required but the worry sets in and I had to ask. Thanks!

Hi. Just to give an update to all that I got my acceptance notification for the Fall OTD 2020!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! Does anyone know how to pay the $75 application fee through WCU?

Thank you so much!