You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University MSOT 2021 Cycle
Started by otlover18
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
whereismysweatervest
Full Member
I got an email saying that I am on the waitlist. It says on the email that interviews for the summer cohort will end 02/05/2021. So everyone should probably get the final answer within 2 weeks of thatInterviewed on 11/20 and still no answer. :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oughtabeOT
Full Member
Congrats!! I recieved an email yesterday that I was waitlisted.Hey guys! I was accepted today!!! 🥳
Hi congrats🙂Hey guys! I was accepted today!!! 🥳
Which semester and level of ot did you apply for?
Also did you receive a phone call or email that you were accepted off the waitlist?
Congrats 🎉!!Hey guys! I was accepted today!!! 🥳
OTMentalHealth96
Full Member
I received an email that I met all the requirements and they will be reviewing candidates for interviews in the next coming months. Congrats to everyone who got in!
linaot
Full Member
That’s okay! Waitlists are still a good thing!Congrats!! I recieved an email yesterday that I was waitlisted.
linaot
Full Member
Hi, thank you!!! I applied for the Masters Summer of 2021 cohort! I received an email 🙂Hi congrats🙂
Which semester and level of ot did you apply for?
Also did you receive a phone call or email that you were accepted off the waitlist?
linaot
Full Member
Thank you!!!! (-:Congrats 🎉!!
Im on waitlist and I’m so nervous 🤦🏻♀️I don’t want to lose hope yet! I hope we hear good news before the new year .. or after🙏does anyone know if everyone gets waitlisted? 🙃
Last edited:
Hey guys! I was just received an email that I was accepted
Congratulations 🥳🙌Hey guys! I was just received an email that I was accepted! 🥳
whereismysweatervest
Full Member
I just received an email that I am accepted to the Summer 2021 cohort 🙂I got an email saying that I am on the waitlist. It says on the email that interviews for the summer cohort will end 02/05/2021. So everyone should probably get the final answer within 2 weeks of that
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JoyHS
New Member
Congratulations! I had my interview 11/20 and I also got accepted today!!I had my interview 11/20 and got accepted 12/11...very excited
JoyHS
New Member
Congrats!!! me too😆Hey guys! I was just received an email that I was accepted! 🥳
missOTescobar
New Member
Congratulations!Congratulations! I had my interview 11/20 and I also got accepted today!!
Congratulations!!hi guys, I was just accepted! wooo! cant wait to start class with you all in May 🙂
CONGRATS!Congrats!!! me too😆
oughtabeOT
Full Member
seems like that might be the case!does anyone know if everyone gets waitlisted? 🙃
ViviOT
New Member
That's what I'm thinking too. My friend didn't get off the waitlist last year until 2 weeks before class started.seems like that might be the case!
OTMentalHealth96
Full Member
So they don’t do rejections? Just waitlists? Lol. I still haven’t heard back about an interview. Guessing spaces will fill up by then.
I have been stressed out the wait since August 🥲😬🤲That's what I'm thinking too. My friend didn't get off the waitlist last year until 2 weeks before class started.
Socal_brOT
Full Member
Hi linaot, may I ask what your stats and experience were?Hi, thank you!!! I applied for the Masters Summer of 2021 cohort! I received an email 🙂
Robinhoodfuture OT
Full Member
Hey, today I received same email stating that admission committee will review my application and if I selected then they will schedule interview. I apply long time ago and I received email from college so late. And after reading all the responses, I feel like so many of you guys are already excepted and seems like few of them are place in waitlist so I don’t understand why they email me and saying that they selected my application and if I will be a good candidate then they will schedule an interview this is so confusing.I received an email that I met all the requirements and they will be reviewing candidates for interviews in the next coming months. Congrats to everyone who got in!
How is their interview process? Can any one share their experience?
I already selected for different college for the their OT program but it’s at NY. If I get into WCU then I won’t have to move from California to NY..
Thanks
OTMentalHealth96
Full Member
They got back to me with a date and time for my interview. It was during work hours so I didn't get back to them immediately, because obviously I need to confirm if I can use my PTO hours. The very next day, they sent me an email stating that my application has been removed from the pool because I didn't confirm for the interview.
I knew something was off with this school the moment I had to pay 65 + another 75 just to apply.
I got accepted to 2/8 of my schools so far, so I have options. But so far what I'm seeing from WCU hasn't been great.
I knew something was off with this school the moment I had to pay 65 + another 75 just to apply.
I got accepted to 2/8 of my schools so far, so I have options. But so far what I'm seeing from WCU hasn't been great.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got this email too. I interviewed a few weeks ago and was never told that I was waitlisted so this email caught me by surprise. I emailed Mary, I'll let you know what she says.I received a waitlist update, but is that considered an official waitlist decision? I can't tell if this email is generalized information sent to all students, or if it's regarding my final application decision. Someone help T_T
She just emailed back. I guess everyone who is qualified is waitlisted. "Once candidates move up in rank, they receive offers. We accept 30% of the class at a time". Kind of confusing but I guess it makes sense because they do rolling admissions.I received a waitlist update, but is that considered an official waitlist decision? I can't tell if this email is generalized information sent to all students, or if it's regarding my final application decision. Someone help T_T
otstudent95
Full Member
Wait I'm so confused, I got the waitlist email too.. I interviewed two weeks ago, but I was never informed whether I was even on the waitlist or denied? Does this email imply that I'm automatically waitlisted?
otstudent95
Full Member
I applied to both their MSOT and OTD program and heard back today! I got into their OTD program!!
Me too! Are you going to accept your OTD seat or wait until the rankings for the MSOT come out?I applied to both their MSOT and OTD program and heard back today! I got into their OTD program!!
alicexot
Full Member
i would reach out to M.T (admissions person)! I did and heard back and received my waitlist rank. Good luck!Has anyone who interviewed the week of 2/5 not received an admission decision or waitlist rank yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
otstudent95
Full Member
I think im leaning more towards getting my doctorate since the price difference and extra time to get the doctorate degree isn't that much more! But im still going to try and reach out to see what my rank is for MSOTMe too! Are you going to accept your OTD seat or wait until the rankings for the MSOT come out?
otstudent95
Full Member
Congrats! I got accepted into the OTD program for fall 2021 as well! Would also love insight from current students on how they're enjoying the program so farHi! I was wondering for current students, how do you guys like the program so far? I got accepted to the OTD program for Fall 2021 and wanted a bit more insight. Congrats guys!
Good luck to youI will be giving up my seat in the class as I was accepted elsewhere.
Hopefully that’ll give one of you on the waitlist a spot soon!
I haven't received any info and I interviewed on 2/5!Has anyone who interviewed the week of 2/5 not received an admission decision or waitlist rank yet?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 176
- Views
- 32K