You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University MSOT 2021 Cycle
Started by otlover18
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yea that's how it was for me! I think they don't require us to input our prerequisites there because they're going to see it through our transcripts.Hey! I'm trying to apply on OTCAS but when I added the program, there's no page for me to input my prerequisites? I only see a home page. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something about the application process?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah you don't need to input any grades for WCU on OTCAS, but you do need to fill out the supplemental application on their website. Have you guys heard back from them yet?Yea that's how it was for me! I think they don't require us to input our prerequisites there because they're going to see it through our transcripts.
alicexot
Full Member
hi guys! I haven't heard anything, but it has only been a week since I submitted. Did you guys get a confirmation email when you complete their supplemental application on their website? It doesn't seem like I submitted it because there wasn't anything following it besides paying for the fee.
Hey, I got a confirmation email they received the supplemental app like 2-5 days after I submitted it. This was around late September though.hi guys! I haven't heard anything, but it has only been a week since I submitted. Did you guys get a confirmation email when you complete their supplemental application on their website? It doesn't seem like I submitted it because there wasn't anything following it besides paying for the fee.
I got a confirmation email! I would contact the school just in case. They should have received it if you paid the fee thoughhi guys! I haven't heard anything, but it has only been a week since I submitted. Did you guys get a confirmation email when you complete their supplemental application on their website? It doesn't seem like I submitted it because there wasn't anything following it besides paying for the fee.
Me neither. I interviewed the same day too.Hey! I interviewed with them on 10/30 and haven’t heard anything back yet.
Congrats!!! Through email? For MSOT Summer 2021?I received my acceptance this morning! Good luck everyone.
Congrats!! When was your interview?I received my acceptance this morning! Good luck everyone.
Yes I heard back on Nov 18th after my interview Oct 30. I was accepted, however I am unsure if I want to accept as I am still waiting to hear back from 6 schools. I applied for the Summer MSOT 2021 program!Anyone hear back from west coast after their interview? &which degree and semester did you apply for?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see I see, congrats!🙌 Thanks for replying!Yes I heard back on Nov 18th after my interview Oct 30. I was accepted, however I am unsure if I want to accept as I am still waiting to hear back from 6 schools. I applied for the Summer MSOT 2021 program!
Congrats!!I got interviewed on the same day, and I haven’t heard back. I’m stating to get so worried since it’s my top school that I want to get in 😟Yes I heard back on Nov 18th after my interview Oct 30. I was accepted, however I am unsure if I want to accept as I am still waiting to hear back from 6 schools. I applied for the Summer MSOT 2021 program!
linaot
Full Member
I haven’t heard back either!Hi! I was interviewed on 10/30 but I haven’t heard back since then. Does anybody know if that means my chance of getting in is lower now ? 😐 Did anybody not get a hear back until today who was interviewed on the same day as well ?
Aly18
New Member
I am not accepting my seat for the masters and doctorate so if you are at the top hopefully you hear back! Wishing you the bestHey everyone,
I was just placed on the waitlist 😔
Me too 😕but I guess we still have a chance before the deadlineHey everyone,
I was just placed on the waitlist 😔
I am not accepting my seat in the Masters program so hopefully you and others have a chance!Me too 😕but I guess we still have a chance before the deadline
😊 best of luck to you!I am not accepting my seat in the Masters program so hopefully you and others have a chance!
oughtabeOT
Full Member
Hey guys! I interviewed on 11/20. Wondering if anyone with that interview date has heard back yet? I'm getting antsy haha.
I interviewed the same day! I haven’t heard back yet either.Hey guys! I interviewed on 11/20. Wondering if anyone with that interview date has heard back yet? I'm getting antsy haha.
OTMentalHealth96
Full Member
Is the interview in person? And would anyone recommend sending in my application now? I know the deadline isn't until 1/31.
Generally its better to send in your applications as early as you can. Even if the deadline isnt until then, they can have a round of interviews before the deadline. I would highly doubt the interviews are in person considering the state of how bad Covid cases are right now. I don't believe I have even seen other programs mention in person interviews ever since March initial shutdowns.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OTMentalHealth96
Full Member
West Coast University mentions in-person interviews on OTCAS.Generally its better to send in your applications as early as you can. Even if the deadline isnt until then, they can have a round of interviews before the deadline. I would highly doubt the interviews are in person considering the state of how bad Covid cases are right now. I don't believe I have even seen other programs mention in person interviews ever since March initial shutdowns.
"Upon successful submission of your OTCAS application, the admissions team will review and connect with you by email (please check your spam). If you meet all admissions requirements and are qualified for our program, you will be considered for an interview. If you move onto the interview phase, please keep in mind that the interviews are in-person only and at our campus in Los Angeles. When visiting our campus on the interview day, in addition to the interview itself the interviewee's will receive a campus tour, meet with multiple esteemed OT faculty, and connect with a few of our students in-person as well."
So is West Coast rolling admissions? Do you know if they are sending out acceptances before the deadline?Generally its better to send in your applications as early as you can. Even if the deadline isnt until then, they can have a round of interviews before the deadline. I would highly doubt the interviews are in person considering the state of how bad Covid cases are right now. I don't believe I have even seen other programs mention in person interviews ever since March initial shutdowns.
Yea they're rolling admissions. They've sent out some acceptances already too!So is West Coast rolling admissions? Do you know if they are sending out acceptances before the deadline?
OTMentalHealth96
Full Member
Congrats! What are your stats? And are you from California?I just received my acceptance this morning!! Not sure if I’ll accept since I’m still waiting to hear back from a few programs.
just to reference, I interviewed on 10/30!
Congratulations! I interviewed on the same day and got waitlisted. I hope they still send out acceptances before the deadline.I just received my acceptance this morning!! Not sure if I’ll accept since I’m still waiting to hear back from a few programs.
just to reference, I interviewed on 10/30!
JoyHS
New Member
I interviewed on 11/20 and I haven't heard back too. I hope I can hear back soon.Hey guys! I interviewed on 11/20. Wondering if anyone with that interview date has heard back yet? I'm getting antsy haha.
missOTescobar
New Member
I had my interview 11/20 and got accepted 12/11...very excited!
oughtabeOT
Full Member
Congatulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats?I had my interview 11/20 and got accepted 12/11...very excited!
missOTescobar
New Member
Thank you! And I don’t mind at all.Congatulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats?
School: Cal state Dominguez Hills
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre req GPA: 3.8
Volunteer/observation hrs: 120+ Veteran’s hospital Los Angeles (geriatric) and 35hrs in pediatric observations.
Letters of rec: 1 OT, 1 neurologist, and 1 math professor
Experience: preschool teacher for 8 years
I was waitlisted on the same day but I think we will be hearing back of our rankings before the deadline which is in January.Hello all, I interviewed on 10/30 and received notification I was put on the waitlist on Dec 3. Hoping I don't have to wait until May to be accepted :l
Good luck to all 🙂
good luck to you too! 😊
OTMentalHealth96
Full Member
WCU requires a supplemental application ($75) ....all this information they already have through OTCAS. And yet they are charing us more money. Kind of putting me off from this school.
WCU is a for-profit schoolWCU requires a supplemental application ($75) ....all this information they already have through OTCAS. And yet they are charing us more money. Kind of putting me off from this school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whereismysweatervest
Full Member
Interviewed on 11/20 and still no answer. :/
Same here! I’m still waiting!Interviewed on 11/20 and still no answer. :/
Me three!! I emailed Mary a few hours ago for an update but she hasn't emailed me back yet.Same here! I’m still waiting!
Dean.ot2
New Member
Have you heard back from her yet?Me three!! I emailed Mary a few hours ago for an update but she hasn't emailed me back yet.
Yes! She emailed me last Tuesday and said in the next two weeks!Have you heard back from her yet?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 176
- Views
- 32K