Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University MSOT Spring 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BnewbMSOT

Reaction score
Welcome to the thread for West Coast University MSOT Spring 2020! If you were accepted and will be starting in January of 2020, CONGRATS!!
My name is Brennan and I was just accepted to the program! I'm so stoked to start and start my OT journey. I wanted to meet others that will be going into the program and see if anyone has found out their living situation yet?? That's a BIG item on my to-do list, aside from the other requirements sent out by WCU.

I created a Facebook page so that we can all connect outside of SDN. Here is the link:

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm starting at West Coast for MSOT in January 2020 as well! Hope to meet you guys soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a facebook group for our cohort! See you guys soon!

Hi everyone! I am sending in my application to WCU soon for the summer start. I hope you could share a little bit of your time and share with me your application process. WCU is my top choice and I want to know more from fellow students on the other side of the table :). Thank you in advance and I hope everyone is having a great holiday!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I am sending in my application to WCU soon for the summer start. I hope you could share a little bit of your time and share with me your application process. WCU is my top choice and I want to know more from fellow students on the other side of the table :). Thank you in advance and I hope everyone is having a great holiday!
Hello! I submitted my application for the summer start as well! Just curious, have you heard back with interview info?

Hello! I recently interviewed for MSOT summer 2020 and OTD fall 2020. I was just curious to know if anyone else has applied/interviewed for those semesters and if you’ve heard back with any news! Best of luck to everyone!!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say that decision notices are out. I got accepted to the summer msot and waitlisted for fall otd!

Has anyone recently applied to the OTD program? I submitted my apps Monday 03/09 late night and did my supplement app on Tuesday 03/10! I’m trying to get a rough timeline out from the point of having a verified application to contact from WCU.. I know interviews have began so hopefully soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Has anyone recently applied to the OTD program? I submitted my apps Monday 03/09 late night and did my supplement app on Tuesday 03/10! I’m trying to get a rough timeline out from the point of having a verified application to contact from WCU.. I know interviews have began so hopefully soon!

I heard the last rounds of interviews were last weekend!

Oh no :( I’m going to send an email out and ask. I thought their application deadline wasn’t for a couple of months
I know they've been conducting both MOT and OTD interviews together but l heard the last rounds of interviews were last weekend. But since the OTD deadline isn't until June, there's a possibility of more interviews. I definitely recommend emailing Mary!

I know they've been conducting both MOT and OTD interviews together but l heard the last rounds of interviews were last weekend. But since the OTD deadline isn't until June, there's a possibility of more interviews. I definitely recommend emailing Mary!
Current student right now; I'm 95% certain there's going to be more interviews. I don't think Spring 2021's cohort is full yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptances for OTD Fall and MSOT Spring!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Current student right now; I'm 95% certain there's going to be more interviews. I don't think Spring 2021's cohort is full yet.

Thank you for that! It’s reassuring. I’m just hoping that the COVID-19 situation is delaying everything a bit— understandably so.

I have an interview for OTD on april 10

Congrats!! When did you submit your applications & when were you contacted about the interview?

I submitted in December but my pre reqs werent finished or confirmed until last week

Yay congratulations!! Which program will you be accepting??

Thank you!! So I actually also just got off the waitlist for LLU and this school is closer to my home (San Bernardino). I wouldn't have to move and save lots of money.. so I may end up not attending WCU :)

Thank you!! So I actually also just got off the waitlist for LLU and this school is closer to my home (San Bernardino). I wouldn't have to move and save lots of money.. so I may end up not attending WCU :)

Congrats Allison! That’s so awesome. Whichever program you choose, congrats !!!! if you don’t mind, could you msg me your stats? I really want to see where I stand haha. Thank you!

Last edited:

I got an email this evening from WCU that my application was reviewed and qualified!

I got an email this evening from WCU that my application was reviewed and qualified!
Yayyy!!! I'm glad to know your app was reviewed and qualified even despite the COVID-19 situation right now. Hoping you get an interview soon! :)

Yayyy!!! I'm glad to know your app was reviewed and qualified even despite the COVID-19 situation right now. Hoping you get an interview soon! :)

Thank you!! :) Fingers crossed!

Hello!
Does anyone have an interview on April 10th for the MSOT program for Spring 2021? I was told that the interview will be through webcam but I didn't get any further information besides that. If anyone has any more information, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hello!
Does anyone have an interview on April 10th for the MSOT program for Spring 2021? I was told that the interview will be through webcam but I didn't get any further information besides that. If anyone has any more information, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi! I’m interviewing for the OTD program on April 10th and am in the same situation! I was mentally prepared for an in-person interview because there’s resources on it but the webcam one is entirely new. I’ll let you know if I find anything out! We should be receiving another email soon with more details

Hi! I’m interviewing for the OTD program on April 10th and am in the same situation! I was mentally prepared for an in-person interview because there’s resources on it but the webcam one is entirely new. I’ll let you know if I find anything out! We should be receiving another email soon with more details

I had an interview April 10th as well! Have you heard back yet?

Nothing yet! Based on past trends I think maybe we’ll hear back early to mid-May.
Pls let me know when you hear back!
My had an interview last month for the MOT program there and heard back in less than two weeks, so I was anticipating to hear back this week. I guess it's different since the start date would be in a few months anyway.
I'll let you know if I hear back though.

My had an interview last month for the MOT program there and heard back in less than two weeks, so I was anticipating to hear back this week. I guess it's different since the start date would be in a few months anyway.
I'll let you know if I hear back though.

I’d much rather hear back this week too lol
Thanks!!

I’d much rather hear back this week too lol
Thanks!!

I had my interview April 10, & I was hoping to hear back this week too. My two friends said that they heard back between 2-3 weeks. Soo hopefully soon lol!

I had my interview April 10, & I was hoping to hear back this week too. My two friends said that they heard back between 2-3 weeks. Soo hopefully soon lol!
I had my interview on May 29th for the Spring MSOT Program 2021, any update for you? I'm really hoping to get a seat in this program.

I had my interview on May 29th for the Spring MSOT Program 2021, any update for you? I'm really hoping to get a seat in this program.

Hello!
I heard back after 2 1/2 weeks. I was accepted for the MSOT 2021 and OTD 2020 program. I declined my seat for the MSOT 2021 program and went with the OTD program! Good luck and hope you can get in too! :)

Hello!
I heard back after 2 1/2 weeks. I was accepted for the MSOT 2021 and OTD 2020 program. I declined my seat for the MSOT 2021 program and went with the OTD program! Good luck and hope you can get in too! :)
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel after completing your interview and your essay portion?

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel after completing your interview and your essay portion?

Thanks! :) Honestly, I felt like I blacked out because everything happened so fast! Lol. I felt anxious (of course) because I felt like some of my answers could have been better, but ultimately relieved because it was done. I even had a hiccup in the beginning of my Zoom interview because I set everything up perfectly in my room, but then my internet became unstable, and so I ended up running to another part of my house. Haha. I really felt embarrassed because of that. However, don't let any hiccups discourage you! I feel like the ones who interviewed me saw me for who I am and my heart for this field, which I think was my saving grace. Definitely celebrate this milestone because you've come this far and finished the interview! I'm sure that your journey will lead you to the school you are meant to be at. Good Luck!

How does everyone feel about the high cost of West Coast University? Are you choosing this school because of location?

Hi! I was just wondering for current students, how do you guys like the program so far? I got accepted to the OTD program for Fall 2021 and wanted a bit more insight on the program.