Western C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greeneyegal92

c/o 2022!!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For everyone applying to Western this cycle welcome! Real talk though anyone else having difficulties uploading their PDFs to VMCAS? Can't wait to meet you all :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going down for preview day next weekend :) But honestly I'm not sure if I will end up applying or not, I keep reading that its really a huge debt burden :/

I'm going down for preview day next weekend :) But honestly I'm not sure if I will end up applying or not, I keep reading that its really a huge debt burden :/

That's awesome let me know how that goes I'd love to make it but I can't, spending way too much on applications... and i hear ya on the tuition thing I'm applying because my chances of getting in are good but it definitely won't be my first choice (if I'm lucky enough to have a choice) because of the cost!

Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome let me know how that goes I'd love to make it but I can't, spending way too much on applications... and i hear ya on the tuition thing I'm applying because my chances of getting in are good but it definitely won't be my first choice (if I'm lucky enough to have a choice) because of the cost!

Where else are you applying?

Reactions: 1 user
Where else are you applying?
The list is pretty intense this round its my 3rd time and im going all or nothing! Western, Midwestern, U of I, MSU, LSU, Iowa State, Ohio State, Mississippi State, Minnesota, and Kansas State

Submitted everything over a month ago and they still haven't updated anything on my online portal except for "CAS application received". Tried reaching out to admissions counselors and either their response is really slow or they don't reply back at all... anyone having the same problems?

Submitted everything over a month ago and they still haven't updated anything on my online portal except for "CAS application received". Tried reaching out to admissions counselors and either their response is really slow or they don't reply back at all... anyone having the same problems?

Are you emailing them? You should call directly.

For everyone applying to Western this cycle welcome! Real talk though anyone else having difficulties uploading their PDFs to VMCAS? Can't wait to meet you all :)

I had a little trouble and still not sure if they uploaded correctly. I uploaded them again as a "supplement" document on the Western app tho! Hopefully that works.

Anyone know what they mean by "Research (any professional setting)" under veterinary experience percentage? I figured they meant strictly veterinary research in any setting (academia, industry) but maybe they mean any research experience.

When looking at the status of the western application on their website, what does the EDS mean??

I'm applying for the second time! I was an alternate last cycle, and heard about an interview in early november (about a week before the interview)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
Western contacted me saying I didn't submit the PDFS of the pre req worksheet correctly. I guess because I'm not doing that "print to PDF". Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this correctly on a Mac? I don't have that option.... anyone have similar troubles?

Hi guys,
Western contacted me saying I didn't submit the PDFS of the pre req worksheet correctly. I guess because I'm not doing that "print to PDF". Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this correctly on a Mac? I don't have that option.... anyone have similar troubles?

It should work on a Mac! You should be able to hit "Print" and then (depending on which box pops up), find the PDF drop down list in the lower left and select "Save as PDF..." or hit "Print" and then, next to the printer destination, click "Change..." and select "Save as PDF."

Just got notified that my application was sent to committee review! Does anyone know if Western does rolling admissions?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got notified that my application was sent to committee review! Does anyone know if Western does rolling admissions?
Congrats! Do you know how long your application was in the "sent to admissions for processing" stage? Mine has been like that since Sept 23

Congrats! Do you know how long your application was in the "sent to admissions for processing" stage? Mine has been like that since Sept 23
I'm not sure. I emailed a question to them earlier September and as of September 19 they told me I hadn't been processed yet. I don't see anywhere on the application status page where it mentions what my status is.

My application was sent for review! How long does it take to hear back about interviews?

Sigh...still not in committee review and they've had all my information since August 9th...patience is a virtue..i guess

Sigh...still not in committee review and they've had all my information since August 9th...patience is a virtue..i guess

What does your status on the western application portal say? "Sent to admissions for processing"?

My status says "Submitted"? Should it say "sent to admissions for processing?" They just sent me an email saying it was being sent.

What does your status on the western application portal say? "Sent to admissions for processing"?
My status says "Submitted" and I've received no emails from the admissions team. It says awaits EDS too (for my checklist thing) whatever that means I assume that's something they do?

My status says "Submitted"? Should it say "sent to admissions for processing?" They just sent me an email saying it was being sent.
Not sure. Mine has never said submitted.... just stuck on "sent to admissions for processing" :(

When I open my app it now says "Processed by enrollment data services" updated on 10/5. So hooray for movement! :)

Yes you call the person who handles your application. For example, I talk to Lindsay since my last name starts with an "R" and she's so so helpful and sweet! :)
When you guys have questions do you usually call the person who deals with your last name or whoever? I want to talk to someone but dont really want to waste time if they wont talk with me. Has anyone talked on the phone or email with anyone there?

Has anyone talked to Ms Higgins? is she also helpful and sweet as well? She is supposed to handle my application and Ive never been in contact with her before.
I emailed her. She was nice and helpful to me.

Just got an email saying my application was still with the committee! o_O Anxiously waiting...

Has anyone heard back from western university of health sciences veterinary? Or any other schools?
Thanks

Has anyone heard back from western university of health sciences veterinary? Or any other schools?
Thanks
I didn't apply to either of those, but have heard back from Lincoln Memorial in TN and Glascow already, first interview is in 2 weeks with LMU.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Hey all,
Has anyone had any further updates? Mine is still stuck in the Awaiting EDS process, curious to how long that's going to take?

Has anyone gotten interview invites?

Haven't heard of any yet, but last year this time they had invites out. Maybe the hurricane delay will delay the whole process :(
Has anyone gotten interview invites?

Hey, guys! I was hoping to get some insight. I got an e-mail saying that the lab I selected isn't acceptable for the Upper Division Science lab pre-requisite, which is frustrating because it was an advanced 3 credit hour lab. I was wondering what you guys have taken since my options are slim, considering that microbio, chemistry, and genetics lab aren't accepted. I have less than a week to update that information for my application.

My understanding of their pre-reqs is that you must take an upper division lecture course that has an associated lab (either included as part of the course or that is a stand alone lab). A 3-credit stand-alone lab wouldn't meet that requirement. (Any other thoughts from the hive mind?)

I would call them first thing Monday morning to get a clear answer if you are that tight on time for updating your application.

I used my Bio Chem lab to fill this prerequisite! (Since only the lecture was required for the biochem prereq). It's a separate 2 hour lab from the lecture but is fine since a class is required in conjunction. Have you taken something like Anatomy or Physiology that has a lab? Do one of your other prereqs required for admission have a lab? If yes to any of that you should be clear just clarify with admissions on Monday. With so many undergrad institutions people apply from I'm sure it can get confusing on their end. Best of luck to you! :)

I used my Bio Chem lab to fill this prerequisite! (Since only the lecture was required for the biochem prereq). It's a separate 2 hour lab from the lecture but is fine since a class is required in conjunction. Have you taken something like Anatomy or Physiology that has a lab? Do one of your other prereqs required for admission have a lab? If yes to any of that you should be clear just clarify with admissions on Monday. With so many undergrad institutions people apply from I'm sure it can get confusing on their end. Best of luck to you! :)

I e-mailed Karen back asking if Biochem lab counted, and she said that does not count. I wonder if you might actually be receiving an e-mail sometime soon as well since my friend who did the exact same thing as me hasn't received her e-mail yet.

I e-mailed Karen back asking if Biochem lab counted, and she said that does not count. I wonder if you might actually be receiving an e-mail sometime soon as well since my friend who did the exact same thing as me hasn't received her e-mail yet.
Either way I have backups! Hopefully you have yours figured out now :)

I have yet to get an email saying that my application was sent to committee for review but they completed the EDS thing, anyone know how long that takes to get the email or should I call someone? It's only been a few days but the waiting game is rough