You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western C/O 2022 Applicants
Started by greeneyegal92
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm going down for preview day next weekend 🙂 But honestly I'm not sure if I will end up applying or not, I keep reading that its really a huge debt burden :/
I'm going down for preview day next weekend 🙂 But honestly I'm not sure if I will end up applying or not, I keep reading that its really a huge debt burden :/
That's awesome let me know how that goes I'd love to make it but I can't, spending way too much on applications... and i hear ya on the tuition thing I'm applying because my chances of getting in are good but it definitely won't be my first choice (if I'm lucky enough to have a choice) because of the cost!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's awesome let me know how that goes I'd love to make it but I can't, spending way too much on applications... and i hear ya on the tuition thing I'm applying because my chances of getting in are good but it definitely won't be my first choice (if I'm lucky enough to have a choice) because of the cost!
Where else are you applying?
The list is pretty intense this round its my 3rd time and im going all or nothing! Western, Midwestern, U of I, MSU, LSU, Iowa State, Ohio State, Mississippi State, Minnesota, and Kansas StateWhere else are you applying?
Submitted everything over a month ago and they still haven't updated anything on my online portal except for "CAS application received". Tried reaching out to admissions counselors and either their response is really slow or they don't reply back at all... anyone having the same problems?
Submitted everything over a month ago and they still haven't updated anything on my online portal except for "CAS application received". Tried reaching out to admissions counselors and either their response is really slow or they don't reply back at all... anyone having the same problems?
Are you emailing them? You should call directly.
For everyone applying to Western this cycle welcome! Real talk though anyone else having difficulties uploading their PDFs to VMCAS? Can't wait to meet you all 🙂
I had a little trouble and still not sure if they uploaded correctly. I uploaded them again as a "supplement" document on the Western app tho! Hopefully that works.
Enrollment Data ServicesWhen looking at the status of the western application on their website, what does the EDS mean??
I'm applying for the second time! I was an alternate last cycle, and heard about an interview in early november (about a week before the interview)
Enrollment Data Services
Were we supposed to do anything for that? Lol
Hi guys,
Western contacted me saying I didn't submit the PDFS of the pre req worksheet correctly. I guess because I'm not doing that "print to PDF". Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this correctly on a Mac? I don't have that option.... anyone have similar troubles?
Western contacted me saying I didn't submit the PDFS of the pre req worksheet correctly. I guess because I'm not doing that "print to PDF". Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this correctly on a Mac? I don't have that option.... anyone have similar troubles?
Hi guys,
Western contacted me saying I didn't submit the PDFS of the pre req worksheet correctly. I guess because I'm not doing that "print to PDF". Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this correctly on a Mac? I don't have that option.... anyone have similar troubles?
It should work on a Mac! You should be able to hit "Print" and then (depending on which box pops up), find the PDF drop down list in the lower left and select "Save as PDF..." or hit "Print" and then, next to the printer destination, click "Change..." and select "Save as PDF."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got notified that my application was sent to committee review! Does anyone know if Western does rolling admissions?
Congrats! Do you know how long your application was in the "sent to admissions for processing" stage? Mine has been like that since Sept 23Just got notified that my application was sent to committee review! Does anyone know if Western does rolling admissions?
I'm not sure. I emailed a question to them earlier September and as of September 19 they told me I hadn't been processed yet. I don't see anywhere on the application status page where it mentions what my status is.Congrats! Do you know how long your application was in the "sent to admissions for processing" stage? Mine has been like that since Sept 23
My application was sent for review! How long does it take to hear back about interviews?
Mine has been sent in as well! YAY 😀
Sigh...still not in committee review and they've had all my information since August 9th...patience is a virtue..i guess
Sigh...still not in committee review and they've had all my information since August 9th...patience is a virtue..i guess
What does your status on the western application portal say? "Sent to admissions for processing"?
My status says "Submitted"? Should it say "sent to admissions for processing?" They just sent me an email saying it was being sent.
My status says "Submitted" and I've received no emails from the admissions team. It says awaits EDS too (for my checklist thing) whatever that means I assume that's something they do?What does your status on the western application portal say? "Sent to admissions for processing"?
My status looks the same but I got the email.
Not sure. Mine has never said submitted.... just stuck on "sent to admissions for processing" 🙁My status says "Submitted"? Should it say "sent to admissions for processing?" They just sent me an email saying it was being sent.
Did you get the email about sending it to admissions for review?Not sure. Mine has never said submitted.... just stuck on "sent to admissions for processing" 🙁
No I didn't.Did you get the email about sending it to admissions for review?
When I open my app it now says "Processed by enrollment data services" updated on 10/5. So hooray for movement! 🙂
8
881635
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes you call the person who handles your application. For example, I talk to Lindsay since my last name starts with an "R" and she's so so helpful and sweet! 🙂
When you guys have questions do you usually call the person who deals with your last name or whoever? I want to talk to someone but dont really want to waste time if they wont talk with me. Has anyone talked on the phone or email with anyone there?
8
881635
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed her. She was nice and helpful to me.Has anyone talked to Ms Higgins? is she also helpful and sweet as well? She is supposed to handle my application and Ive never been in contact with her before.
D
deleted498041
No rolling admissions. Only the island schools do rolling admissions as far as I'm aware.Just got notified that my application was sent to committee review! Does anyone know if Western does rolling admissions?
Midwestern does in Arizona.No rolling admissions. Only the island schools do rolling admissions as far as I'm aware.
D
deleted498041
Makes sense. I'm not really up to date or aware of the new schools.Midwestern does in Arizona.
Just got an email saying my application was still with the committee! 😵 Anxiously waiting...
Me tooJust got an email saying my application was still with the committee! 😵 Anxiously waiting...
I didn't apply to either of those, but have heard back from Lincoln Memorial in TN and Glascow already, first interview is in 2 weeks with LMU.Has anyone heard back from western university of health sciences veterinary? Or any other schools?
Thanks
Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile
For Western c/o 2022, click hereHas anyone heard back from western university of health sciences veterinary? Or any other schools?
Thanks
For Western c/o 2021, click here
Most importantly, for a comprehensive guide about how to search for already formed threads, click here
Hey all,
Has anyone had any further updates? Mine is still stuck in the Awaiting EDS process, curious to how long that's going to take?
Has anyone had any further updates? Mine is still stuck in the Awaiting EDS process, curious to how long that's going to take?
Haven't heard of any yet, but last year this time they had invites out. Maybe the hurricane delay will delay the whole process 🙁
Has anyone gotten interview invites?
Hey, guys! I was hoping to get some insight. I got an e-mail saying that the lab I selected isn't acceptable for the Upper Division Science lab pre-requisite, which is frustrating because it was an advanced 3 credit hour lab. I was wondering what you guys have taken since my options are slim, considering that microbio, chemistry, and genetics lab aren't accepted. I have less than a week to update that information for my application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My understanding of their pre-reqs is that you must take an upper division lecture course that has an associated lab (either included as part of the course or that is a stand alone lab). A 3-credit stand-alone lab wouldn't meet that requirement. (Any other thoughts from the hive mind?)
I would call them first thing Monday morning to get a clear answer if you are that tight on time for updating your application.
I would call them first thing Monday morning to get a clear answer if you are that tight on time for updating your application.
I used my Bio Chem lab to fill this prerequisite! (Since only the lecture was required for the biochem prereq). It's a separate 2 hour lab from the lecture but is fine since a class is required in conjunction. Have you taken something like Anatomy or Physiology that has a lab? Do one of your other prereqs required for admission have a lab? If yes to any of that you should be clear just clarify with admissions on Monday. With so many undergrad institutions people apply from I'm sure it can get confusing on their end. Best of luck to you! 🙂
I used my Bio Chem lab to fill this prerequisite! (Since only the lecture was required for the biochem prereq). It's a separate 2 hour lab from the lecture but is fine since a class is required in conjunction. Have you taken something like Anatomy or Physiology that has a lab? Do one of your other prereqs required for admission have a lab? If yes to any of that you should be clear just clarify with admissions on Monday. With so many undergrad institutions people apply from I'm sure it can get confusing on their end. Best of luck to you! 🙂
I e-mailed Karen back asking if Biochem lab counted, and she said that does not count. I wonder if you might actually be receiving an e-mail sometime soon as well since my friend who did the exact same thing as me hasn't received her e-mail yet.
Either way I have backups! Hopefully you have yours figured out now 🙂I e-mailed Karen back asking if Biochem lab counted, and she said that does not count. I wonder if you might actually be receiving an e-mail sometime soon as well since my friend who did the exact same thing as me hasn't received her e-mail yet.
I have yet to get an email saying that my application was sent to committee for review but they completed the EDS thing, anyone know how long that takes to get the email or should I call someone? It's only been a few days but the waiting game is rough